2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
October 17, 2011, 7:07am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
the debate is starting today about the files being made public could this be a big step forward for justice?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
RoboCod
October 17, 2011, 7:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Hopefully, though football message boards often seem to end up dragging the whole thing down to blame and counter blame, with the actual verdicts pushed aside for the posters own one-sided tabloid style view. Here's hoping the files will be released and all fans could pull together when faced with what really happened.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
jock dock tower
October 17, 2011, 9:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Whatever the rights and wrongs of what happened at Hillsborough that day the truth must out. 22 years waiting for any kind of truth is far too long when the authorities are all aware of what went on.
On that particular weekend my mate from Aldershot was up staying with me (we might have been playing them I think?) He was also a big Scouse fan to boot, and had been to most of the European Cup Finals and the like. We got a phone call at 10pm that night from his distraught parents who thought he was at the game, and had been ringing around his friends to ask if they knew where he was - which they didn't. I can only imagine the horror they went through until they eventually got my name and phone number from somebody. No doubt that will have been mirrored elsewhere, especially in Liverpool. To not have the ability to finally lay the matter to rest after all these years because of collusion between the state, the police and the judiciary is an obscenity and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Billybigbollox
October 18, 2011, 11:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
The PM should say sorry on behalf of the Tory Party and Thatcher for her cover up .............The whole thing stinks video tapes going missing,Pcs changing stories the list goes on ....The familys need to know the truth ......UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
bladerunnner
October 19, 2011, 12:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from Billybigbollox
The PM should say sorry on behalf of the Tory Party and Thatcher for her cover up .............The whole thing stinks video tapes going missing,Pcs changing stories the list goes on ....The familys need to know the truth ......UTM

how about this for starters then,hundreds of scousers without tickets,pis.ed and smacked up out of their skulls rushing the leppings lane end of the ground overwhelming the police and stewards.
what happened that day was shocking, but everyone seems to be blaming the police and the government of the time,but my father was there in the forest end,and in his mind the liverpool "fans" had a lot to do with it,but nobody seems to want to talk about this aspect of it.
i have deep,deep sympathy for anyone who lost someone that fateful day, but some people can be so selfish at times(fans rushing the gates because they stayed in the pub longer than they should of). thats what happened its that simple. a lot of police officers were ORDERED to change their statements because they showed too much ""emotion", this is fact.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Biccys
October 19, 2011, 2:15pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from bladerunnner

how about this for starters then,hundreds of scousers without tickets,pis.ed and smacked up out of their skulls rushing the leppings lane end of the ground overwhelming the police and stewards.
what happened that day was shocking, but everyone seems to be blaming the police and the government of the time,but my father was there in the forest end,and in his mind the liverpool "fans" had a lot to do with it,but nobody seems to want to talk about this aspect of it.
i have deep,deep sympathy for anyone who lost someone that fateful day, but some people can be so selfish at times(fans rushing the gates because they stayed in the pub longer than they should of). thats what happened its that simple. a lot of police officers were ORDERED to change their statements because they showed too much ""emotion", this is fact.

Emotive subject. Nobody denies it was dreadful but human beings must have reasons for everything.
Read this?
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk.....ull-100252-29611412/

Puts a whole new light on things if it's accurate.
I too believed that the drunk up Scouse fans turning up late caused the crush. This statement certainly debunks that.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 19
Rodley Mariner
October 19, 2011, 2:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,280
Gold Stars: 185
It always amazes me that people who've read bits on the internet and in papers feel that they're better placed to apportion responsiblity than a judge who presided over 31 days of an inquest, saw masses of evidence, heard from hundreds of witnesses and then made an informed and unemotive judgement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
RoboCod
October 19, 2011, 2:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bladerunnner

You know, you're just the kind of person trolling the comments section on every report about this. The gates were opened by the police. The pen was full before the gate was opened, nobody rushed it. They were placed at the wrong end of the ground, the coaches were late but the kick off still went ahead at 3.00. in a ground with an out of date safety certificate.
Seriously, if you want to take the view that te Sun disgracefully put about at the time then go ahead. Or if you want to check the genuine facts and the absolute disdain in which football fans are looked at by the higher echelons then check out these links, taking particular notice of the Taylor Report where not only are the forces on the day found to blame but there is almost anger at the police's colluding and hiding of facts to put the fans in the blame. Just this week it was revealed that the body of a 10 year old victim of the tragedy was tested for alcohol afterwards.
This is a victory for ordinary football fans, and those who have spent years travelling the country should have some idea of the disrespect and mistrust all fans have been treat with at times.
To go along with the ignorance of the facts is to be like this guy; please read it and take in the real truth; [url]http://www.epltalk.com/steven-cohen-blames-liverpool-fans-for-hillsborough-disaster-5915[/url]

http://www.epltalk.com/media/2009/04/interim-report-hillsborough.pdf
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/19/judge-hillsborough-families-conspiracy-theories

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
RoboCod
October 19, 2011, 3:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It always amazes me that people who've read bits on the internet and in papers feel that they're better placed to apportion responsiblity than a judge who presided over 31 days of an inquest, saw masses of evidence, heard from hundreds of witnesses and then made an informed and unemotive judgement.

Exactly my feelings Rodley.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Billybigbollox
October 19, 2011, 10:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from bladerunnner

main culprits in spreading  lies were David Duckenfield, Chief Superintendent in charge on the day (who later admitted that he lied), Graham Mackrell, Secretary Sheffield Wednesday and Graham Kelly of the F.A. By the evening of the Disaster, Peter Wright, Chief Constable of South Yorkshire, issued a statement which acknowledged that the gate had been opened on the instructions of the police. Little notice was taken of this however, and other comments by Wright stated that the crush had occurred outside the turnstiles: By the late arrival of large numbers of people. This showed that Wright was merely operating a more sophisticated and subtle method of blaming the fans.

Oh and also sum of  the old bill were checking for pulses with leather gloves on ....

You are a clown ....Bet you read the sun

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › hillsborough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.