Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 65 Guests

captain  of the ship

This thread currently has 1,331 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 29, 2011, 2:30pm
Guest User
Blatantly biased (and factually incorrect) options.

How Fenty can get 20%+ on the fishy poll when his record as chairman has been so bad is not only incredible but saddening.
Reply: 10 - 12
barralad
September 29, 2011, 3:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Whilst I wouldn't go so far as my (un)learned "friend", where is the option for someone outside of the two seeming combatants i.e. a completely different person or group?

I too would also question the sanity of anyone who says that someone who has already put as much money into GTFC as Mr Parker has can be deemed to have no interest.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
lew chaterleys lover
September 29, 2011, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,832
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from denni266
For all his mistakes i would go with fenty.. puts his own money in , and is a true fan tis true he has made lots of mistakes, but better the devil we know.
mr parker . for me i wonder why he put money in and dont want to be a director or chairman. sounds very funny to me..
an other ,, someone who has no links with the club and is only there for financial reasons ... parkers money ... na  no way

Parker has no interest in the club?

I think he has,but even if he hasnt, you think Fenty is a better bet cos he is a true fan and is better the devil you know..?

Some people are easily pleased thats for sure.

How anyone can think Fenty has the nous or desire to turn this situation around is beyond me.

If,just if,he engineers a return to the Chairmans seat,then he better beware the fans backlash if he doesnt have a credible plan to get us moving again.

If Parker does mount a takeover and is successful he will probably be the brains behind things,but it doesnt mean he has to have day to day control in the way Fenty does.I imagine he will have professional people working for him in the most important roles.

I dont think Mike Parker would be mending the Main Stand roof for example...  

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › captain  of the ship

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.