6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
September 26, 2011, 6:31am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
wood gives the ball away and has these awful throw-ins!

elding runs and he quite fast but still gets stick.

also i saw scott telling eagle to run down the right channel but he wont because he is left footed

scott and hurst tactics are baffling

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
Super Clive
September 26, 2011, 8:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from gtfc98
. Also I'd like to point out that the same morons who booed Duffy off the pitch on numerous occasions were the same ones cheering him onto the pitch yesterday. Make your minds up for felicitations sake.

What does that say to you? Fans are fickle?

To me its says Duffy wasn't pulling his weight last season and the fans could see that so he gets a kick up the bottom and told he can leave and guess what he has performed ever since and is winning 2 out of 3 headers every time and the fans can see that so show they some appreciation. or aren't we allowed because a few have booed him last season?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
cleeimp
September 26, 2011, 8:23am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from NorfolkImp
I did warn you he was cr@p, didn't I?  

you did m8 It looks as if we are going down the same road as your club we could both do with big Kieth right now to pull us out of the excrement we find ourselves in.UTMM

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
acko338
September 26, 2011, 8:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,214
Gold Stars: 33
Time for Mafoko to step down and be the 2nd half super sub as impact, Elding and Coulson as two wide midfielders and stick with it until Elding fits in properly. Duffy to be the other striker with Hearn  - good lay offs and interplay,

Hopefully more goals now that Liam has got off the duck.

Elding needs more confidence and target practice, whereas Hearn will need to continue skewing his shots slightly off full target to miss keepers and defensive blocking en route to the goal.

Still losing the power game in midfield to leading teams, and poor covering at set pieces.

Until these problems are cured, then we will remain in the lower level of this league!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
ginnywings
September 26, 2011, 11:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,157
Gold Stars: 548
Elding obviously knows where the net is,as his past record shows.I think people are assuming he's the target man when he plays alongside Hearn and he isn't.They expect him to do the role of winning headers and knocking the centre backs around because he is the bigger of the two,but that's not his game.

It all boils down to service in my opinion.Our "wingers" are simply not getting the balls into the box regularly enough and the ones they do are not really that threatening for the most part.The midfielders are not putting decent balls through either on a regular basis.

Eldings game is finding and exploiting space and i think he is one of those strikers that scores most of his goals from around the six yard line.No service = no goals.

At the moment,Duffy is the only target man we have,so for me it's him and either Hearn or Elding.Hearn is playing too well to leave out,so unless we play all three,one of Elding or Duffy has to be on the bench.

Who'd be a manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
Maringer
September 26, 2011, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,790
Gold Stars: 189
Unfortunately, the Hearn and Elding pairing isn't working out particularly well at present. I think they are, perhaps, both players who would like to play in similar positions and both need to play off a target man. I dunno, would it be worth trying a 4-3-3 with Hearn and Elding playing off Duffy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
moosey_club
September 26, 2011, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.69
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,343
Gold Stars: 230
He finds space really well in the box i think but has been poor in terms of chance conversion, realistically he could have scored 6 if not more by now, and there would be no arguments.
Even though we dont particularly play to his strengths he still gets into those positions which is something Hearn doesnt do, pulls off the back of his marker nicely as per Tuesdays goal and Saturdays disallowed effort plus some previous carbon copies.

We need to feed him the chances on a regular basis, not just one or two per game.

While it is easy to slate him and i have not been innocent of that a little understanding and patience maybe required. After all he is the unlucky recipient of heralded "replacement for Connell" tag which was going to be a big ask for anyone.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
tomb
September 26, 2011, 12:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Approval: -7
Eldings excrement

Utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
Maringer
September 26, 2011, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,790
Gold Stars: 189
I don't think Hearn finds space in the box enough. However, this is mostly because he is usually moving out wide to collect the ball and, as often as not, put in the crosses!

It's a problem when your striker is the team's best crosser of the ball. Hmmm. Would it be worth him taking our corners, I wonder? It works for Drogba!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
OneLove
September 26, 2011, 2:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
his work rates poor from what ive seen, his scored the one goal thats it, he doesnt seem to gel with anyone on the pitch imo. if ya compared him and hearns efforts during a game theres a hell of a difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › elding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.