Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10 years ago Today!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 87 Guests

10 years ago Today!!

This thread currently has 3,713 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Simariner
September 1, 2011, 7:19am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Every town and England fan should know what they were doing at aprox 5pm this date ten years ago.

Reason of England beating the Germans 5-1 in their back yard and the Mariners proudly sat top of the Championship.

A great day it was. So where was you???

Myself had been to watch town. Then watch England in a packed  TP Woods and ended up at LA's in Hull singing 'we are top of the league' Ull fans didnt have a clue ha
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
RoboCod
September 1, 2011, 8:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
On holiday in Devon with girlfriend and two step daughters. Same day as we found out she was pregnant. New kid on the way, England battered Germany, Town went top of Div 1, all in a matter of days.

Came home, within a few days the twin towers came crashing down, the world wet mad and Town started secretly planning their carefully choreographed descent into BSP hell.

Have a nice day anyway  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Peeler_Crab
September 1, 2011, 8:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
I was at the game - we made a long weekend of it in Munich. What a night! Had my Grimsby Town F.C union jack flag tied up in the England end. Happy days..!..

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
denni266
September 1, 2011, 9:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
i was on holiday on the norfolk broads . great days
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
upthestripes
September 1, 2011, 10:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
I used to have a cut-out of that table which I last looked at/wept over I think in our first season in L2, but I've lost it now.
Did anybody do the same? If so would it be possible to post it as a jpeg as I'd love to have a copy of it again even if on my computer?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Maringer
September 1, 2011, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,697
Gold Stars: 189
I watched the Town game then immediately set off to Nottingham to watch the England match with some mates who lived there. Got stuck in a traffic jam near Notts and almost wet myself but managed to get there 5 minutes before the game and then watched with incredulity as we stuffed the Krauts (after letting that donkey Jancker score).

If I remember correctly, we went to a party in Sherwood that night though the details are pretty much a blur. I finally came around from my drunken stupor at about 8.00am when I found myself tucking into a fry-up in a greasy spoon near the Station!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Coddy
September 1, 2011, 11:42am

Up the Mariners
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
I was at the match buzzing as the whole ground sang we are top of the league, and for the england v germany match was at home going mental, after the match we went to my uncle's were my younger brother found £20 on the floor, My dad said it doesnt get better than this, how wrong he was as we went on to beat Liverpool aswell , after that we really went down hill, people keep saying things can only get better, well in my now 18th year as a town fan i have seen 4 religations and 1 promotion, and three trips to wembley, o seen town beat some good teams, I.E. Liverpool, spurs, but been to some gut wrenching matchs aswell, tranmere away springs to mind when we failed to stop up, hopefully things will now get back to how we want them, sometimes we have to take the bad times to appreciate the great times we have had with town,
Keep the Faith, UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Red mariner
September 1, 2011, 1:53pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Watched the game at BP and then the england game in the IMP, happy days

Also I am sure that the fans team also went top of the league as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
mariner_tom
September 1, 2011, 1:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
watched town game then went to cleethorpes into baton rouge to watch england....happy days

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Red mariner
September 1, 2011, 1:56pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Quoted from upthestripes
I used to have a cut-out of that table which I last looked at/wept over I think in our first season in L2, but I've lost it now.
Did anybody do the same? If so would it be possible to post it as a jpeg as I'd love to have a copy of it again even if on my computer?

Check the link on codalmighty diary  

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?page=diary/index
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10 years ago Today!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.