Maringer
July 21, 2011, 10:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,783
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from marinerian
Lets not get to excited, wasn't similar comments made about Akpro?

Akpro would be a fantastic player for this division. He'd run most of the defences ragged with his pace and power though I still tend to doubt he'd score that many. Plenty of chances would be created for teammates from his presence alone. Not really too relevant, of course, as he's playing two divisions above us now.

Makofo reminds me of Gary Cohen in some respects - strong, quick and hard-working. I'm pleased to see he's doing well in the pre-season games as I feel he can be an asset this season, assuming he stays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
Mariners_15
July 21, 2011, 11:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Beat me too it, was hoping him and Duffy would be froze out but all credit to S&H, looks like they've had a chat and both games the 2 have had great games.

I've been Duffy's worst fan but he's slowly starting to change my mind.

Keep it up boys!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
psgmariner
July 21, 2011, 12:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Hope Serge comes good but I personally don't hold much hope.

The times I saw him play last season I thought he was terrible. He can trap it further than i can kick it.

Playing well in pre season against Sheffield FC won't change that. If he performs consistently for us next season I will happily eat my words.

One of the worst signings we have made in recent years. Only other 2 and a bit years ago....

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Makofo

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.