2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
July 20, 2011, 12:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
I had a chat with Steven Watt about his time at Town, what it was like playing under Jose Mourinho, what he thought of Neil Woods and the new managers and he also clears up the contract situation which was rumoured at the end of last season. Also says he's turned down a move to Gateshead and wants to go into coaching/management. Those interested in reading it can do so at:

http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....efender-steven-watt/
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner marc
July 20, 2011, 12:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Quoted from bax
I had a chat with Steven Watt about his time at Town, what it was like playing under Jose Mourinho, what he thought of Neil Woods and the new managers and he also clears up the contract situation which was rumoured at the end of last season. Also says he's turned down a move to Gateshead and wants to go into coaching/management. Those interested in reading it can do so at:

http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....efender-steven-watt/

I liked Watts as a player    hope he makes a success of himself in coaching/management  though given the stresses and volatile nature  of management  surprised he is thinking of going into it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
siy2k5
July 20, 2011, 12:38pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Good interview, seems a nice fella. I'd have been happy for him to stay as a squad player.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
July 20, 2011, 1:16pm
Guest User
Another clean shirted defender. I think he should take more responsibiity for his career development than blame injuries and circumstance. Watt is a good player but a good defender? The jury is out for me.
Reply: 3 - 11
Mariners_15
July 20, 2011, 1:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Nice fella, spoke to him once and was very polite. All the best Steven.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
bax
July 20, 2011, 4:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 75
Another clean shirted defender. I think he should take more responsibiity for his career development than blame injuries and circumstance. Watt is a good player but a good defender? The jury is out for me.

I thought Watt and Kempson looked quite solid at the start of the season. We never had a completely settled back 5. If he ends up at Dover I'd say it was an excellent signing for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Perkins
July 20, 2011, 5:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Good interview, Watt seems an honest bloke. I actually thought, wrongly as it turned out, that he would have been retained instead of Kempson, cos for my money i thought he was a better player. Obviously the new managers saw something in Kempson that i didn't.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
codhead91
July 20, 2011, 7:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
What is the infatuation on this board for having defenders with dirty shirts? Almost as if it is a sign that they are not capable of being a good, or even capable, defender if they keep their shirt clean. There have been and still are several World Class defenders who played 'with a clean shirt'. In more modern times the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Sami Hypia or Ricardo Carvalho. Going back further you have greats of the game such as Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer.

Keeping a clean shirt by being able to read the game well is not something that a defender should be ashamed of, or a factor that can be used to judge detrimentally.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
The_Laughing_Mariner
July 21, 2011, 3:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
I had the 'clean shirt' discussion on here a couple of weeks ago re Paul Groves,
A bit like 'What have the Romans ever done for us'  My opinion as a result has mellowed.
I could be that a player is so crap he has to throw himself about in the mud to do what a normal player can do on his feet..........
Maybe the clean shirt player does f' all.

IMO Kemps had the bigger heart, but Watty was a better player, but was prone to go missing occaisionally

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
kevikov
July 21, 2011, 7:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Only just read the article, fair play to him. Speaks very well about most of his career and seemed to really be honoured
he played for town. He was pish at right back too! Woefull.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Steven Watt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.