Injurys galore

This thread currently has 1,344 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Conference10
July 20, 2011, 10:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
Christ, we have barely kicked a ball yet and we seem to have injurys galore. Loads of injury doubts for Sheffield FC match.

Liam Hearn (calf), Scott Garner (ankle), Bradley Wood (thigh), Frankie Artus (thigh), Damian Spencer (back) are all major doubts for the trip to Yorkshire. Darran Kempson (ankle and Lee Ridley (shin splints) are definitely out.

When you look at that list, it is the heart and soul of the team.

Fingers crossed that these are minor issues and that we arent going into the new season with a crock of injury prone players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Laceby Andy
July 20, 2011, 10:12am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
Has to make you think about the size of the squad as well. if this happends in the season we will drop points...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
marinerjase
July 20, 2011, 10:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,711
Gold Stars: 156
Season not even started and already the melodramatics start....

Dont panic Mr Wainwaring...

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
ginnywings
July 20, 2011, 10:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Probably just precautionary measures.Why aggravate niggles in friendly matches?

I'm sure if it was a league game,most of them would be in the starting line up.There seems to be a theme on this board that Town players are injury prone,when the truth is that all clubs have the same problems with niggles and injuries.

We should still have enough to give them a good game.We're not playing Sheff Utd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
BIGChris
July 20, 2011, 10:32am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings
Probably just precautionary measures.Why aggravate niggles in friendly matches?

I'm sure if it was a league game,most of them would be in the starting line up.There seems to be a theme on this board that Town players are injury prone,when the truth is that all clubs have the same problems with niggles and injuries.

We should still have enough to give them a good game.We're not playing Sheff Utd.

wHS

Slight knocks, strains etc are inevitable at this stage. I see no point in risking players at this stage but the players will want to play if possible.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
the Grimbarian
July 20, 2011, 10:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from Conference10
Christ, we have barely kicked a ball yet and we seem to have injurys galore. Loads of injury doubts for Sheffield FC match.

Liam Hearn (calf), Scott Garner (ankle), Bradley Wood (thigh), Frankie Artus (thigh), Damian Spencer (back) are all major doubts for the trip to Yorkshire. Darran Kempson (ankle and Lee Ridley (shin splints) are definitely out.

When you look at that list, it is the heart and soul of the team.

Fingers crossed that these are minor issues and that we arent going into the new season with a crock of injury prone players.

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
RoboCod
July 20, 2011, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Surprised we haven't heard the word "Blisters", the scourge of the pre-season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Kris2
July 20, 2011, 10:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
I wonder how long before somebody starts complaining about the training techniques or the physio as the reason for injuries. "Like omg i was watching them train while using twitter on my phone and they were using really old techniques!"
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
grimsby pete
July 20, 2011, 11:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
I think the players are just too tired to play, after all the training S + H have put them through.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
big bad bob
July 20, 2011, 11:47am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -5
I'm would think we give he fringe and youth players a run out  tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
voice of reason
July 20, 2011, 11:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from marinerjase
Season not even started and already the melodramatics start....

Dont panic Mr Wainwaring...

Bang on the money....

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Injurys galore

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.