Eddie Stobart Van Man

This thread currently has 5,255 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
dangtfc1
September 25, 2009, 11:09am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +4
This is an odd question and maybe only a handful might know what I'm talking about but....

....has anyone ever seen the guy who sits in an old camper van in laybys on the A180? I live in Anlaby on the North bank and commute to the Europarc and I see this van every evening on my way home from work. It's a battered old white van that's got some stripes of paint and looks like a 3 year olds attempt to design an Eddie Stobart wagon. Some days he's on the eastbound carriageway and some days on the west. Is he a local nutjob that's known in the Grimsby area? Does he just cruise around NE Lincs watching HGV's going in and out of Grimsby?

I want to pull into the layby one day and ask him but I'm afraid I'll be abducted/abused/dumped somewhere in deep, dark South Yorkshire.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
September 25, 2009, 11:13am
Guest User
To be fair I put a lot of work into my old camper van. Some men are attracted to women, some horses. I have an affection (non sexual) for HGV lorries of any size and shape. However, Eddie Stobart trucks turn me on. I sit on laybys by day with a family pack of kleenex. On a good day I come home white as a sheet with hairy palms.
Reply: 1 - 10
barralad
September 27, 2009, 10:00am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from dangtfc1
This is an odd question and maybe only a handful might know what I'm talking about but....

....has anyone ever seen the guy who sits in an old camper van in laybys on the A180? I live in Anlaby on the North bank and commute to the Europarc and I see this van every evening on my way home from work. It's a battered old white van that's got some stripes of paint and looks like a 3 year olds attempt to design an Eddie Stobart wagon. Some days he's on the eastbound carriageway and some days on the west. Is he a local nutjob that's known in the Grimsby area? Does he just cruise around NE Lincs watching HGV's going in and out of Grimsby?

I want to pull into the layby one day and ask him but I'm afraid I'll be abducted/abused/dumped somewhere in deep, dark South Yorkshire.  

The guy in question is a member of the Eddie Stobart fan club...(no surprise there then) There is a Stobart depot at Immingham/Killingholme and I can only assume he is looking for those. I'm reliably informed that Tescos now use Stobart's for a lot of their distribution so he will also "pick up" Stobart lorries going to the two Tesco stores....

Tis entirely true I'm afraid.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
theicenian
September 27, 2009, 10:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
He is often parked in the layby on the A160 just short of the Brockelsby interchange.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
theicenian
September 27, 2009, 10:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Another question.    Is the Eddie Stobart who founded the lorry firm the same Eddie Stobart that used to play footie for Carlisle back in the dark ages?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
dapperz fun pub
September 27, 2009, 10:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
ive seen it parked there,looney tune IMHO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
ginnywings
September 27, 2009, 11:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I can (just about) get my head around train spotting but lorry spotting is surely a hobby too far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Biccys
September 27, 2009, 7:13pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I knew a guy who was a bus spotter.... He was a bit simple..

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 10
Wrawby_Mariner
September 27, 2009, 8:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Whats more shocking is the fact there is an eddie stobart fan club
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 8 - 10
dangtfc1
September 29, 2009, 3:23pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +4
Why did Eddie Stobart get this cult status from? Very strange if you ask me. Quick read of the Wikipedia page reveals "any driver caught not wearing a shirt and tie while on duty would face disciplinary action". Also says it's company policy to wave back and honk their horn at passers-by or "Eddie-spotters", yes that is a collective term.

I wonder if France has a "Dangerous Angle" fan club for it's own legendary trucking company Norbert Dentressangle?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eddie Stobart Van Man

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.