DB
April 27, 2024, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from It Bites
Today was a more realistic view of the team . Problems all over the pitch , obviously midfield stank but the front 2 were poor too . Vernham can go , he offers nothing at all

Still has 2 yrs on his contract, so he's going nowhere

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 168
It Bites
April 27, 2024, 5:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,210
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from DB

Still has 2 yrs on his contract, so he's going nowhere

He’s been dreadful.
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 168
sonofmadeleymariner
April 27, 2024, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from It Bites

He’s been dreadful.

Thats not fair. He's spent far too much of the season on the physio bench to even be dreadful

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 168
hampshiremariner
April 27, 2024, 5:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
There’s a complete mismatch between what Mr Artell was promising in yesterday’s GET and the performace on the pitch this afternoon.
Wayne Bridge said that Howard Wilkinson’s team talks sent him to sleep when he played for England U21s. Wonder if it’s the same with some of our lads.
Let’s hope for better things next year and that we’re biting our nails about possible promotion, rather than relegation/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 168
RonMariner
April 27, 2024, 5:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,859
Gold Stars: 230
Doesn’t sound like too many did their retention hopes much good today.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 168
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 27, 2024, 5:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Besides the top three don’t think there are many decent teams in L2 as proven by the fact Crawley and Crewe are in the playoffs. Take the two chances and we win a mediocre end of season fixture.

Biggest disappointment was Khouri for me. He finally gets a start but ambled through the game without doing anything of note. Thompson decent again, maybe Mullarkey but nobody else did much and didn’t understand why JT and Crofty kept bigging up Vernam as I thought he offered very little.

A season too far for me and I will give up my season ticket after many years and just come over as and when I get the urge.

Praying for a mass clear out of players but it did cross my mind that Orsi left last summer and not one of our starting eleven today were with town when he played, incredible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 168
RonMariner
April 27, 2024, 6:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,859
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Besides the top three don’t think there are many decent teams in L2 as proven by the fact Crawley and Crewe are in the playoffs. Take the two chances and we win a mediocre end of season fixture.

Biggest disappointment was Khouri for me. He finally gets a start but ambled through the game without doing anything of note. Thompson decent again, maybe Mullarkey but nobody else did much and didn’t understand why JT and Crofty kept bigging up Vernam as I thought he offered very little.

A season too far for me and I will give up my season ticket after many years and just come over as and when I get the urge.

Praying for a mass clear out of players but it did cross my mind that Orsi left last summer and not one of our starting eleven today were with town when he played, incredible.

Khouri was.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 168
golfer
April 27, 2024, 6:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from arryarryarry

The only time we looked like scoring was with 3 balls into the middle.

That's why we need proper strikers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 168
Spidey
April 27, 2024, 6:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
In DA's post match interview he said that Callum Ainley wasn't in the squad because he's just had some more treatment for his cancer and has to isolate.
He also didn't sugar coat anything, saying that we need to improve on players, that's why Gav is going, though he did give Gav a glowing tribute.
It's good that he says things as it is, instead of making excuses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 168
17 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Crawley A

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.