2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Spurn boy
April 26, 2024, 7:19pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Just watched the interview with JT on YouTube and what a great modest guy he is, a Mariners fan and a genuine fan, hope you have a a long and successful retirement JT and thanks for you contribution to the fortunes of town over the years. UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 26, 2024, 7:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Spurn boy
Just watched the interview with JT on YouTube and what a great modest guy he is, a Mariners fan and a genuine fan, hope you have a a long and successful retirement JT and thanks for you contribution to the fortunes of town over the years. UTM

E before U except after glue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
GTFC_85
April 27, 2024, 12:05am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 3
I cannot express how much his voice was loved by me and my friends, and there throughout my teens and still to my 40s. Jt thank you  so much. If you get a chance to listen to his commentary when Burnett scored the wembley winner, oh and when Arnold scored for 3 1. My parents tape recorded the Bournemouth Wembley game from the radio live on cassette back in 98 and I still have the tapes to this day. Just brilliant nostalgia and memories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
DB
April 27, 2024, 6:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.43
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Before JT we had Charles Ekberg. I'm trying hard to to decide who was the better, any thoughts?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
grimps
April 27, 2024, 7:33am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,144
Gold Stars: 46
It won’t be the same without him , all the best for your  retirement John
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
bradzmilne
April 27, 2024, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
“The voice of the mariners” for so many generations & echo what others say about being a genuine fan and a good bloke.

Equally, very good of the club to offer JT a free season ticket moving forward. Classy

Enjoy retirement Mr. Tondeur

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Abdul19
April 27, 2024, 8:29am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,591
Gold Stars: 219
One of my earliest GTFC memories is sitting in the back of the Sierra on the way back from the Wrexham game in 1990, listening to him interview John McDermott. McDermott was saying something about being near the tunnel and managing to just about avoid the pitch invasion. Lovely stuff.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 27, 2024, 9:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307

E before U except after glue

Is this a grammar lesson or some kind of rule of thumb for teenage drug taking while ‘aving it large’ on a Friday night down Victoria Street?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
SpiritOf98
April 27, 2024, 9:34am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
Four generations, more even, have followed Town with his commentary.
We should make a Tondeur sound-bite collection, bring out the old favourites. My starter..

'..and there's a break on here...'. This generally followed most Town corners, often ended in the opposition scoring and will aways bring me out in a cold sweat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
Humbercod
April 27, 2024, 9:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,498
Gold Stars: 82
Being in my late 40s I’ve grown up with his voice, and for me he is the voice of GTFC. We tend to get comfortable and take the good things in life for granted, and this was never more apparent when BBC Humberside lost the commentary rights! Not having John for that season was horrible and whoever steps in now will have big boots to fill. I can only hope it’s Matt Dean he’s always done a good job when stepping in, plus I think he’s a town fan but not 100% sure.

I think John has mentioned somewhere he will come back for the odd appearance now and then  🙏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › John Tonduer

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.