6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
April 24, 2024, 7:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,669
Gold Stars: 540
Obviously there's a whole summer of recruitment to come, but considering how relatively easy both Doncaster and Bradford have gone from utter shite to play-off contenders in such short spaces of time tells you how weak this league is, especially once you take out the big guns at the top.

There isn't a whole lot of strength coming down from League One and whilst Chesterfield might make a go of it, I can't see any of the Conference play-off 6 5 offering a threat.  

Could be a League Two that's there for taking.

Looking forward to actually watching Town on Saturday with no pressure and enjoying seeing the results come in and how it pans out.  Would prefer Colchester to go down, mainly because I just can't get on board with the Cowley's and it would be ironic considering there was such a demand for them to be appointed here in November.  That said, Steve Morrison at Sutton is also odious so it's a win-win situation really.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
Wrights35
April 24, 2024, 7:51am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +31
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from mariner91
Shows you really don’t have to be that good to get in the play offs in this league. Bradford were fücking terrible when we played them recently.

Utterly dreaful one of the worst teams I have seen at home this season and it wasnt all that long ago crazy they have a chance. Hope they dont make it

In Hurst we trust !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
April 24, 2024, 9:15am
Guest User
Quoted from RichMariner
That’s an incredible turnaround. Donny had such a slow start, they looked genuine relegation contenders until Feb.

I've seen Donny eight times this season in various competitions and they've won six. I never thought their league position reflected some of the ability they had. Ironside was knocking in plenty of goals and they could conjure up three points here and there. They stuffed franchisescum on 1st January.

They were always going to turn us over in February. The only poor performances I saw were in beating us 1 0 and losing at home to Bradford. My Donny friends thought we would win in the week before our home game against them but I didn't have any doubts.

I personally hope they go up because I don't want to see them turn us over at home yet again and it'll keep my friends happy.

They have much more competitively priced cup tickets which is when I usually turn up. In the range of £5 to £10 for a 60+ depending on the competition.  
Reply: 42 - 51
LocalLadGTFC
April 24, 2024, 10:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,319
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from diehardmariner
Obviously there's a whole summer of recruitment to come, but considering how relatively easy both Doncaster and Bradford have gone from utter shite to play-off contenders in such short spaces of time tells you how weak this league is, especially once you take out the big guns at the top.

There isn't a whole lot of strength coming down from League One and whilst Chesterfield might make a go of it, I can't see any of the Conference play-off 6 5 offering a threat.  

Could be a League Two that's there for taking.

Looking forward to actually watching Town on Saturday with no pressure and enjoying seeing the results come in and how it pans out.  Would prefer Colchester to go down, mainly because I just can't get on board with the Cowley's and it would be ironic considering there was such a demand for them to be appointed here in November.  That said, Steve Morrison at Sutton is also odious so it's a win-win situation really.

All it's taken is a couple of players that made the difference for Doncaster. Adelakun, Craig and Lo Tutala have made a massive difference to them. Adelakun is one of the best players i've seen at BP this season, we couldn't get anywhere near him. Up there with Jodi Jones.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 51
nealeardleyscrossing
April 24, 2024, 10:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

All it's taken is a couple of players that made the difference for Doncaster. Adelakun, Craig and Lo Tutala have made a massive difference to them. Adelakun is one of the best players i've seen at BP this season, we couldn't get anywhere near him. Up there with Jodi Jones.

Adelukun is on loan from us - Clearly more suited to L2 - Possibly be a few clubs in for him now..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
lew chaterleys lover
April 24, 2024, 10:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
The few Colchester fans who bother to post on their fans forum* are scathing about the Cowleys. We perhaps dodged a bullet there if they were ever in the frame.

One comment made me laugh - Danny Cowley shouts non stop for 90 odd minutes but the players have stopped listening. So would I if I had a lunatic jack in the box bawling instructions non stop.

* What a dismal forum it is. All over the shop, not phone friendly and hardly anybody on it. Rob deserves a lot of credit for the simplicity and clarity of the Fishy, and the number of posts show there is great interest in GTFC unlike some of our league 2 rivals.

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
Les Brechin
April 24, 2024, 11:11am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
So, for Colchester to go down we need a 2 goal defeat from them home to Crewe and a 2 goal win for Sutton at MK Dons
(who have nothing to play for). A long shot but stranger things have happened.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
TownSNAFU5
April 24, 2024, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
Sutton have an extra point following THAT penalty!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
grimps
April 24, 2024, 11:24am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,144
Gold Stars: 46
The few Colchester fans who bother to post on their fans forum* are scathing about the Cowleys. We perhaps dodged a bullet there if they were ever in the frame.

One comment made me laugh - Danny Cowley shouts non stop for 90 odd minutes but the players have stopped listening. So would I if I had a lunatic jack in the box bawling instructions non stop.

* What a dismal forum it is. All over the shop, not phone friendly and hardly anybody on it. Rob deserves a lot of credit for the simplicity and clarity of the Fishy, and the number of posts show there is great interest in GTFC unlike some of our league 2 rivals.

I took a look at it the other week after our game and thought that maybe they used another more popular one than the one we have in our links
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
MarinerDevil
April 24, 2024, 12:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,783
Gold Stars: 80
There are two Colchester forums I think. There's this one which is pretty much dead >> https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/forum/
... and this other one which seems much more active from the number of users currently online, but you need to register to read it >> http://www.cu-fcchat.com/
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Colchester v Doncaster

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.