Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 14.

logic

This thread currently has 1,979 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
April 20, 2024, 12:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano
There are 9 possible outcomes from the GTFC/Sutton games and only 1 (lose/win) would prolong the agony.
Even then a single goal defeat and a single goal win would probably be good enough to ensure our survival, so the odds are in reality even longer than a 1 in 9 chance

so why am I so worried??

Because the nine outcomes are not equally likely.

Looking at current form Sutton have 13 points from the last six games whereas Crawley gave just 7. Plus they have home advantage. So the most likely outcome is a Sutton win. Which reduces the number of outcomes to three.

We have 7 points from the last six, but Swindon have 9. They also beat Barrow away 2-0 recently. We have home advantage, and the only home game we have lost recently was against Wrexham,. So it looks pretty even.

On the other hand Swindon have nothing to play for and we should be going all out. Let's hope we turn it on for a change and win in style.But it is all too close to call. It might yet come down to goal difference next weekend.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
RonMariner
April 20, 2024, 12:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
On the other hand Crawley thrashed Mansfield 4-1 away a fortnight ago, so let's hope it's that version of Crawley that turn up today.

Come on Orsi, grab a hat trick for us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 20, 2024, 12:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +887
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Mappers
I am having the Sutton game on refresh , I trust that more than our lot even with the iffy signal - we might get Crewe or Colchester , I'n hoping the former so I can just stop hitting that key .

Just search for each match on Google and you can pin the score of each match to your phone screen. Updates in real time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 20, 2024, 12:51pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +887
Gold Stars: 120
There is no logic when it comes to Town results.

I I W I I

(it is what it is)

Saying that, the 'pattern' of IIWII could be incorporated into our badge somehow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Heisenberg
April 20, 2024, 1:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from RonMariner
On the other hand Crawley thrashed Mansfield 4-1 away a fortnight ago, so let's hope it's that version of Crawley that turn up today.

Come on Orsi, grab a hat trick for us!

This weekend, not next, preferably!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
acko338
April 20, 2024, 5:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
And.... breathe !!

Better 2nd half.

Down to bare bones today with injuries and illness in the squad, so a good job completed, even with a lack of skills in several areas with some of the spine of the team out.

At least we were not desperate for the results that did go ok on the day.

I can see a vastly different set of players here next season if we don't want a repeat of this year.

Can Town afford to pay off any long term contracts for those not going to be in favour?

Usual debates on the players released list.

Let's see a no pressure game next week to finish off ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Grantham_Mariner
April 20, 2024, 8:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,198
Gold Stars: 51
When has logic ever got you three points?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
mike_d
April 20, 2024, 11:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from thornemariner

Because we are in our fifth decades watching Town and know what our track record is when it comes to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Anyone who went to Tranmere in 2004 will understand!

That was my stag do. Dressed in black suits and tie to commiserate the loss of my bachelor days, and ended up more commiserating our relegation.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.