GrimPol
April 20, 2024, 8:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -779
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from RichMariner
To solve the issue of people buying season tickets, not turning up and not releasing the seat, how about this:

If you don’t attend at least 12 home games during the season (so turning up yourself or releasing it) you don’t get first dibs on reserving the same seats for the following season.

Haven’t thought this through, btw!

You know, there is a simpler way of solving "no-show" ST holders, play decent football, with intent. It won't always pan out, but people are happy to watch a team that's trying, and has some semblance of a clue of the big plan.

Let's be honest, if you had a deal and prepaid 23 meals at a restaurant only to be served cold meals, burnt meals and watery soups. And if you complained and the manager (2 managers) told you that they were trying for Michelin 3 stars and never mind the local rag said rats were rife in the kitchen, and the FHR was 1, when would you stop going?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
Running like emson
April 20, 2024, 8:33am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Just to be clear: no one goes to BP for the food
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
rancido
April 20, 2024, 1:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,618
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from jimgtfc
I wonder if in the future when the ‘I’m not tech savvy’ excuse has finally worn thin, we might see a system where instead of releasing your seat, you confirm it instead, maybe by the Wednesday or Thursday before the game on the Saturday. If you haven’t confirmed it by then, it goes on general sale. Would stop a lot of ‘no shows’ who just don’t bother to release their seat. I don’t know, just a thought.

So you condone buying a product and if you don't use it then you are penalised and prevented from buying it again! If I bought a new car and was told by the showroom that if I didn't drive it then I wouldn't be allowed to buy from them again then I would never use them again. It's called freedom of choice. It's not as if the club lose out financially as they'll have already sold that seat. Admittedly, by releasing the seat for non- attendees then extra revenue could be made but I do believe that it was posted on here that a lot of released seats are not taken up anyway.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
RichMariner
April 20, 2024, 2:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,157
Gold Stars: 210
Yeah but no one else is trying to drive your car.

If you knew your car was wanted by a queue of people, maybe you’d consider releasing it to help others?

Weak analogy I’m afraid.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
RonMariner
April 20, 2024, 2:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,788
Gold Stars: 226
Or, just put seats in one of the open corners and there should be plenty of available seats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
RichMariner
April 20, 2024, 2:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,157
Gold Stars: 210
Also, worth making a distinction between available seats and ‘groups’ of available seats.

A single seat isn’t much used to me when I’d like to take my wife, son and nephew, for example.

We’re in the Osmond today, which is fine, but if those open corners generated more room then I’d prefer to be over there, closer to the Pontoon where I’ve traditionally watched Town games from.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
GrimPol
April 20, 2024, 2:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -779
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from rancido

So you condone buying a product and if you don't use it then you are penalised and prevented from buying it again! If I bought a new car and was told by the showroom that if I didn't drive it then I wouldn't be allowed to buy from them again then I would never use them again. It's called freedom of choice. It's not as if the club lose out financially as they'll have already sold that seat. Admittedly, by releasing the seat for non- attendees then extra revenue could be made but I do believe that it was posted on here that a lot of released seats are not taken up anyway.

There is a bigger problem looming. What will be the ST sales for next season, after this season's fair? I know of three supporters (out of town) who had season tickets and stopped coming about Christmas time, and who have said enough is enough. It's a mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
rancido
April 20, 2024, 2:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,618
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from RichMariner
Yeah but no one else is trying to drive your car.

If you knew your car was wanted by a queue of people, maybe you’d consider releasing it to help others?

Weak analogy I’m afraid.

Not really, if I buy something then whether I use it or not is my decision. The club get the money and I would bet that if I released my seat then it's more than likely it wouldn't be taken up. It's a solitary seat and too many " casuals want a block so they can sit with their mates.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
buckstown
April 20, 2024, 6:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
I was going to bring my grandson today but we could get seats together
Turn up and the two seats next to me are empty. Very annoying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
The Caterham Mariner
April 20, 2024, 11:30pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 8
Upper Findus block C seat T72 ...the only one amongst all those reserved STH 's  perfect for a
"Billy No Mates" exile, who turns up on average twice a season.
UTM
See you next season still league 2.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seats update v Swindon

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.