It Bites
April 17, 2024, 6:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
From getting orange juice and toast

On reflection we had chances in the final 3 rd to create at least one goal . Colchester did what they can with a ltd squad and their two underperforming strikers get the goals . We are so poor against a hard working physical team . We need some men in the team who can control games and players

Still not safe with 2 games to go is just not acceptable is it ?
Seriously if fans get giddy and cheer this team off if we stay up then you’re part of the problem. Do not except mediocrity as success. Demand better . Grow some balls and let the owners , players , staff know what you think of this season
Private Message
Caesar
April 17, 2024, 7:23am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Not been much this season but no need to wonder why we are where we are. I was pleased now the previous game was postponed. With us practically safe fans and players really had a lethargic feel. Could tell there wasn't the intense need resting on this game. Colchester to be fair the opposite.

First half we were terrible. They pressured early and after skipping past several weak midfield challenges carved open our defence to lead. We responded by letting them dominate. When we had the ball it was hit to Vernam and hope he would repeat his former glories. Very little invention. When we did venture to their end they hit us on the break, Akinde made to look as rapid as Mbappe. We had Tharme I think to tha k we didn't go 2-0 down. That said you could see their limitations as at the end of the half we should pf equalised when pressing them high

Second half we responded well for five minutes, till their keeper made Max Crocombe look like an amateur time-waster. After that it settled into a pattern of we could have the ball and mot do much with it whilst they tried to hit on the break. Had a penalty shout but my first thought was it wasn't a penalty and why Obikwu didn't stay on his feet I don't know. But I could be mistaken. Then they press us into a mistake and it was game over.  Clifton went close with a header and second half thought he was our best player after a pretty woeful first half, finding pockets of space and running in behind. But ultimately we deserved nothing, Colchester deserved more.

What worries me is next season, I get frustrated when managers come out and tell me something completely at odds with what I have seen. The performance wasn't as bad as it could be, but if we dominated for 75 minutes it was useless domination when we only really had three efforts on goal to my memory, and none of them were clear cut chances ofnpur own creation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
pontoonlew
April 17, 2024, 7:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Thought we knocked it around quite nicely until it came to making a decent opportunity out of something & then everything we touched turned to excrement. Clifton, Obikwu & Wilson were particularly dreadful.

I can’t name the last time we won 2 in a row, and it’s unbelievably predictable and frustrating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
1mickylyons
April 17, 2024, 7:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Another poor performances with more woeful defending as a team Col U first goal summed up this Grimsby team. Someone needs to make a tackle or foul on the halfway line not let the guy run through and it was all to easy.Second goal a good finish but again highly preventable. A coaching staff top heavy with defenders should be raging and from an attacking point of view to quote DA it was all a bit Meh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
golfer
April 17, 2024, 7:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Most of our team are below the standard required but our forwards are absolutely woeful. We cannot take advantage from set pieces - corners and crosses and free kicks either don't get past the first man or are over hit. We never ever receive advantage from the long throw as we stand too far away. No movement off the ball. Passes through the channels ultimately end in goal kicks. Left footed players on the right wing;right on the left. Opposing wingers running rings round our fullbacks -when did we last have a player who could do this ?  On and on and on the shite performances go on.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
Marinerdeano
April 17, 2024, 7:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from It Bites

On reflection we had chances in the final 3 rd to create at least one goal . Colchester did what they can with a ltd squad and their two underperforming strikers get the goals . We are so poor against a hard working physical team . We need some men in the team who can control games and players

Seriously if fans get giddy and cheer this team off if we stay up then you’re part of the problem. Do not except mediocrity as success. Demand better . Grow some balls and let the owners , players , staff know what you think of this season

We need a point and we don't need to contribute to nerves on the pitch. Back the boys for one last time this season during the game. As has been said, act on lessons learnt once season is done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 66
rancido
April 17, 2024, 8:29am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,651
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from It Bites

I'm 100% sure that the owners, players and staff know what this season has been like and what the fans think. This close season we will have the opportunity for the manager and owners to reflect on the season and rectify the problems. I'm sure DA knows what type of players he wants and hopefully they recruiting system can identify them.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
ivanosandwich
April 17, 2024, 8:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Was Artell watching a different game to the one I saw?

He said we were the better team, had a clear penalty turned down and Akinde was trying to put a cross in. None of that is true from my perspective.

The general consensus seems to be give him a chance next season because he has improved us since the Donny debacle. Yes he has but only because he changed his way of playing and I am led to believe that he will be reverting to the possession based, play it out from the back style of football next season.

Unless he gets the players in that can do that, we will be back to the dark days of Donny and Walsall. Not many league 2 players can play that way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
DaleH
April 17, 2024, 8:50am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from rancido

I'm sure DA knows what type of players he wants and hopefully they recruiting system can identify them.

That assumes you feel that DA is the right man then to both get rid of sub-standard players, and bring in new players of the quality needed to compete at the top end of the table? And it also assumes that our recruiting system is fit for purpose?

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 17, 2024, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
So I’ve reflected on this a bit, not sure I saw a pen but only watched on the stream, the better Team? Depends what measure you use I guess.

The better team wouldn’t of surrendered the first goal, the better team would have got more meaningful attempts on target & the better team wouldn’t have coughed up the ball for the 2nd and allowed a player with the pace of 3 legged elephant look like Ronaldinio with a finish that though speculative I think he meant.

Where to degree I will defend Artell is who he had to pick from last night? Players like Clifton, Green, Obikwu & Wilson are not good enough and that shows.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
diehardmariner
April 17, 2024, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,673
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from ivanosandwich

The general consensus seems to be give him a chance next season because he has improved us since the Donny debacle. Yes he has but only because he changed his way of playing and I am led to believe that he will be reverting to the possession based, play it out from the back style of football next season.

Does he not get the credit for changing the style then?  Or that he's brought in better players?

Last night summed up exactly why we're sat in this position, our squad lacks quality and balance.  Our main striker was out and we had nothing up there, it was static.  Obikwu is too raw to lead the line and Wilson showed the inconsistent side of his game that means he'll probably never lead a front line effectively and consistently.  

The midfield was, to quote Artell, "meh".  Nothing in it.  Lots of hard work and tidy play but nothing potent.  Option wise we've nothing and the season couldn't come to an end sooner if we hoped. He brought Wood on, who actually gave us something different but needs a good Sunday Dinner or fifty before he's ready for this level, along with Eisa who couldn't look less interested if he tried.  His only other attacking option is a lad who missed most of the season with cancer.  What else did he have?  Andrews who wouldn't make a jot of difference in the midfield as he's just the same and two defenders.  We're at the bare bones.

I absolutely won't be celebrating this season as a success, but when you look at Colchester's side and see they had players like Cameron McGeehan in their midfield and the two lads out wide who carried the ball with intent and at pace with every opportunity, it gives you an indication of what we lack and how limited this squad is.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Marinerdeano
April 17, 2024, 9:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Important to also add that I assume DA's father's funeral is yet to take place. He must be going through a tough time privately and it would lack any humility to have a go at him on Saturday in any context. The TEAM at them moment are inconsistent but his recruitment and change in approach have ultimately given us a decent points haul recently and we are nearly over the line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
HerveJosse
April 17, 2024, 9:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
I hope Thompson is on double time as he is doing about three peoples work. Without him and a bit of luck in timing when we have played out of form teams ( Newport and Crewe) we would be in the National League next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
Mappers
April 17, 2024, 9:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,431
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from HerveJosse
I hope Thompson is on double time as he is doing about three peoples work. Without him and a bit of luck in timing when we have played out of form teams ( Newport and Crewe) we would be in the National League next season

I am in no doubt without Newports season being over and Crewe having their first team out we would have been relegated .

Luckily Swindon by all accounts are dreadful as their form since their 2 loan players went has been terrible . So a decent chance of another 3 points .

We have to be thankful Sutton & FGR gave us such a head start aswell.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 17, 2024, 9:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

I’d be amazed if we didn’t get some interest in Thompson in the summer. Alongside Rose he’s the one Town player who could arguably get in a top 6 side.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
OddShapedBalls
April 17, 2024, 9:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
There's a lot of chat about our defence this year, and although it's not the best surely the real issue is our attack?

Looking at the league table, we've now lost 18 games. Everyone above us has lost more games until you get to Morecambe in 15th, who also have 18 losses, Notts county have lost 20 games above them, even Crawley in 7th have lost 18 games.   It's all the draws that are killing us. Score more goals, put teams away instead of drawing and those 18 losses aren't really an issue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
It Bites
April 17, 2024, 9:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Marinerdeano

We need a point and we don't need to contribute to nerves on the pitch. Back the boys for one last time this season during the game. As has been said, act on lessons learnt once season is done.

I’m talking about after the game and the pathetic lap of honour to celebrate crap
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
Poojah
April 17, 2024, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,727
Gold Stars: 1,508
Well, despite last night’s defeat Town are now 1000/1 to go down. Anyone fancy sticking a tenner on to take the sting out of an unthinkable capitulation?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
mariner91
April 17, 2024, 10:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Poojah
Well, despite last night’s defeat Town are now 1000/1 to go down. Anyone fancy sticking a tenner on to take the sting out of an unthinkable capitulation?

Where'd you see those odds? It's 50/1 on Skybet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
Poojah
April 17, 2024, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,727
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from mariner91

Where'd you see those odds? It's 50/1 on Skybet.

Bet365 and Betfred according to Oddschecker…

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/england-league-two/relegation

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
arryarryarry
April 17, 2024, 10:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from diehardmariner

Does he not get the credit for changing the style then?  Or that he's brought in better players?

Last night summed up exactly why we're sat in this position, our squad lacks quality and balance.  Our main striker was out and we had nothing up there, it was static.  Obikwu is too raw to lead the line and Wilson showed the inconsistent side of his game that means he'll probably never lead a front line effectively and consistently.  

The midfield was, to quote Artell, "meh".  Nothing in it.  Lots of hard work and tidy play but nothing potent.  Option wise we've nothing and the season couldn't come to an end sooner if we hoped. He brought Wood on, who actually gave us something different but needs a good Sunday Dinner or fifty before he's ready for this level, along with Eisa who couldn't look less interested if he tried.  His only other attacking option is a lad who missed most of the season with cancer.  What else did he have?  Andrews who wouldn't make a jot of difference in the midfield as he's just the same and two defenders.  We're at the bare bones.

I absolutely won't be celebrating this season as a success, but when you look at Colchester's side and see they had players like Cameron McGeehan in their midfield and the two lads out wide who carried the ball with intent and at pace with every opportunity, it gives you an indication of what we lack and how limited this squad is.

My understanding is that the change of style was forced upon him by the players, it wasn't his choice to change style and who are all these better players, we are still as excrement as before he became manager, in fact I would say we are worse.

He has to go whether we stay up or go down.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
pontoonlew
April 17, 2024, 10:13am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Mappers

I am in no doubt without Newports season being over and Crewe having their first team out we would have been relegated .

Luckily Swindon by all accounts are dreadful as their form since their 2 loan players went has been terrible . So a decent chance of another 3 points .

We have to be thankful Sutton & FGR gave us such a head start aswell.

Well without Sutton inexplicably winning 4 in a row this would’ve been wrapped up weeks ago, works both ways.

I don’t think you can attribute it to ‘luck’ when all teams play the same teams twice, I don’t buy into ‘tough run ins’ being bad luck either. Sutton & FGR have had to play the top sides at the end which just demonstrates just how excrement they’ve been all season, they both deserve to go down.

We’ll end up being the 3rd or 4th worst side in the league this year and wherever we finish, we’ve deserved it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
Hagrid
April 17, 2024, 10:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Shouldnt really be surprised anymore, 1 good performance shouldn't blinker us to just how excrement we have been,

Last night another case in point, so many basic errors, inability to defend, put a tackle in, beat the first man with a cross.

Time and time and time again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
GrimPol
April 17, 2024, 10:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Was Artell watching a different game to the one I saw?

He said we were the better team, had a clear penalty turned down and Akinde was trying to put a cross in. None of that is true from my perspective.

Unless he gets the players in that can do that, we will be back to the dark days of Donny and Walsall. Not many league 2 players can play that way.

PH and DA did/do watch different games, I find it infuriating.
He never sees our corners being too short, so the first man heads it out or too long so it just goes out. Ditto with free kicks. Nor that Tharme throws in long and the opposition heads it out 99.9% of the time.  
Or that our down-the-line passes are either way too long, or so telegraphed that they are cut out, or that our passing man-to-man is so poor you would have thought our team was colour-blind and think the opposition in light blue was actually in red. And Obikwu should have his backside tanned for losing the ball a damn lot and that he tries to power through 4 or 5 opposition and just loses the ball. Might look good for the people on this site wearing the same DA Glasses he seems to look through when watching our matches, but honestly which team was professional and which was naive amateur out there yesterday?
The fact was when we spent all that time looking for the best fit and future manager we got DA and Colchester got Cowley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
SpiritOf98
April 17, 2024, 10:28am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from pontoonlew

Well without Sutton inexplicably winning 4 in a row this would’ve been wrapped up weeks ago, works both ways.

Let's not forget the Sutton penalty that never was. Brought about by 2 amateur officials having a playground spat. Incredible to think of the potential domino effect of such weird officiating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 17, 2024, 10:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from SpiritOf98

Let's not forget the Sutton penalty that never was. Brought about by 2 amateur officials having a playground spat. Incredible to think of the potential domino effect of such weird officiating.

Or the Bradford penalty with Hume defending like a complete numptie.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
rancido
April 17, 2024, 10:56am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

My understanding is that the change of style was forced upon him by the players, it wasn't his choice to change style and who are all these better players, we are still as excrement as before he became manager, in fact I would say we are worse.

So where is your proof that the change was forced on him by the players? The meeting was a collective between DA , players, coaching staff and quite possibly the owners. These " barnstorming " meetings bring out all sorts of issues and a realisation that if something is wrong then what can we , as a group, do to correct it. You, apparently, don't want DA as our manager and you are taking a biased view on what was said in a meeting that you did not attend or have a transcript on what was said.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
LocalLadGTFC
April 17, 2024, 11:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,319
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from arryarryarry

So what you mean is you've took the fact they had a meeting after Doncaster and came up with a balderdash rumour? And the better players are the two standouts in the side... Thompson and Tharme. The problems consistently are the players Hurst brought to the football club not being good enough to string two decent performances together. You're quick enough to slag him off after a poor performance but yet we've been on a good run but don't want to give him any credit for it? Laughable
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 66
horsforthmariner
April 17, 2024, 11:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,637
Gold Stars: 9
I’m struggling to take any positives if I’m honest. Even Doug Tharme was poor last night. Both goals were really poor defensively. I’m not sure why our defender didn’t go towards Akinde last night.  

Our midfield worked hard but bar Thompson there really is a lack of ability. Harry is a case in point, he worked his socks off but consistently played poor balls, took the wrong option and when he was in a position to play a final ball in he fluffed it.

Obikwu can be described in one word - raw. He clearly has potential but at 19 he shouldn’t be really starting in a league 2 side. Too many bad decisions and a lack of compose when he had a gilt edge chance. Wilson again has flashes where you think he’s half decent but he’s to inconsistent.

The subs didn’t do anything, particularly Eisa who was really poor.

Our set pieces were a war crime. From our corners, I’m genuinely more worried that they’ll score than we will. At best it will be floaty corner to the far post which is easy to deal with, most of time it doesn’t get past the first man. I feel Tharme’s throw could be used more sparingly. It’s greatest effect is to relieve pressure from our half. It’s not Croppers throw but I think it could be used more tactically.

I’m not 100% convinced we’re safe. We should get something against Swindon and Crawly should get something against Sutton  but if we lose and Sutton win we’re in for a nervy final day. With MK resting players for the play offs and Crawley desperately needing a win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
TownSNAFU5
April 17, 2024, 11:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
We lack pace throughout the team.  The midfield cannot support attacks quickly enough.  The defence gets left trailing by Akinde.  Wrexham’s showed how well pace can destroy on the counter.

We are that bad that we need another good clear-out.   Stevenage and Crawley got this right after being in a similar dire position. If we can get the recruitment right then we could have some success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 17, 2024, 12:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Hagrid
Shouldnt really be surprised anymore, 1 good performance shouldn't blinker us to just how excrement we have been,

Last night another case in point, so many basic errors, inability to defend, put a tackle in, beat the first man with a cross.

Time and time and time again.

It’s not the erratic performances that surprise me it’s the erratic responses on here. One win at Crewe and suddenly Green is the L2 Pirlo and maybe the rebuild required isn’t as big as we previously thought. In reality, if contracts were not in place, I can’t think of any player beyond Thompson & Rose, and probably Tharme, I would wish to see retained. Not seen enough of Callum to know if he’s good enough, previous experience would suggest he is, but he didn’t get picked when PH was here although I think he could have been injured for much of that time. There might be another couple who would be ok as back up squad players but nobody I would be desperate to retain.

That said there are always players who when surrounded by better players who will perform much better than they have this season, however, we are so poor it’s hard to identify who these players might be.

Really sad state of affairs that instead of a few additions to get us up that league we appear to need a complete clear out. Just praying we get that one point on Saturday as Crawley will definitely need a win when they play us and it just seems destined that Orsi sends us into oblivion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
GYinScuntland
April 17, 2024, 12:38pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Poojah

It is indeed 1000/1 and I tried to lump a fiver on but it said a trader had to review the bet.
In the end £1 was accepted and £4 declined so I don't know what to make of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 17, 2024, 12:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
   Stevenage and Crawley got this right after being in a similar dire position. If we can get the recruitment right then we could have some success.

Oh come on, Crawley scraped the bottom of the barrel by signing a bloke who couldn't get in our team. And he's done b*gger all for them, he's only scored 20 goals....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
Abdul19
April 17, 2024, 1:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,591
Gold Stars: 219
Strange thing with those 365 odds is that we were 500/1 before last night's game!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
mariner91
April 17, 2024, 1:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

It’s not the erratic performances that surprise me it’s the erratic responses on here. One win at Crewe and suddenly Green is the L2 Pirlo and maybe the rebuild required isn’t as big as we previously thought. In reality, if contracts were not in place, I can’t think of any player beyond Thompson & Rose, and probably Tharme, I would wish to see retained. Not seen enough of Callum to know if he’s good enough, previous experience would suggest he is, but he didn’t get picked when PH was here although I think he could have been injured for much of that time. There might be another couple who would be ok as back up squad players but nobody I would be desperate to retain.

That said there are always players who when surrounded by better players who will perform much better than they have this season, however, we are so poor it’s hard to identify who these players might be.

Really sad state of affairs that instead of a few additions to get us up that league we appear to need a complete clear out. Just praying we get that one point on Saturday as Crawley will definitely need a win when they play us and it just seems destined that Orsi sends us into oblivion.

Completely agree. In my opinion we've had seven games this season where we've managed a good level of performance across the full 90 minutes. Gillingham at home, MK Dons at home, Newport at home, Crewe home and away, Morecambe at home, Salford away. That is abysmal. Other than the very obvious exceptions of Rose and Thompson and, to a lesser extent, Tharme the players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. We are where we are deservedly, this squad isn't better than it's league position and is there on merit. Yet each time we put in a half decent performance there are some suggesting we should be retaining players in the close season. None of the players that are out of contract have performed well enough to warrant an offer but I would probably offer Clifton something purely as a utility man as he's certainly not good enough to be first choice in any position if you want to be towards the top of the league.

Even with the players that are contracted, I'd be quite happy for Pyke to leave. Wilson is certainly replaceable if he had something lined up. Mullarkey and Rodgers are very replaceable and I suspect Rodgers may be one of the higher earners too. Khouri and Hunt have a lot to prove. And Eastwood cannot be our first choice next season. If any of these players could find an offer elsewhere and we didn't have to pay them off then I'd be considering it. Only Rose, Thompson, Tharme and Vernam have performed to anything like the standard required on a reasonably consistent basis and isn't that a disgraceful situation to be in? Anyone that thinks we need anything other than a total overhaul is deluded or a fool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
Abdul19
April 17, 2024, 1:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,591
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from GYinScuntland

It is indeed 1000/1 and I tried to lump a fiver on but it said a trader had to review the bet.
In the end £1 was accepted and £4 declined so I don't know what to make of that.

Same here, strict £1000 lay to lose by the looks of it.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
Hagrid
April 17, 2024, 1:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from mariner91

Completely agree. In my opinion we've had seven games this season where we've managed a good level of performance across the full 90 minutes. Gillingham at home, MK Dons at home, Newport at home, Crewe home and away, Morecambe at home, Salford away. That is abysmal. Other than the very obvious exceptions of Rose and Thompson and, to a lesser extent, Tharme the players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. We are where we are deservedly, this squad isn't better than it's league position and is there on merit. Yet each time we put in a half decent performance there are some suggesting we should be retaining players in the close season. None of the players that are out of contract have performed well enough to warrant an offer but I would probably offer Clifton something purely as a utility man as he's certainly not good enough to be first choice in any position if you want to be towards the top of the league.

Even with the players that are contracted, I'd be quite happy for Pyke to leave. Wilson is certainly replaceable if he had something lined up. Mullarkey and Rodgers are very replaceable and I suspect Rodgers may be one of the higher earners too. Khouri and Hunt have a lot to prove. And Eastwood cannot be our first choice next season. If any of these players could find an offer elsewhere and we didn't have to pay them off then I'd be considering it. Only Rose, Thompson, Tharme and Vernam have performed to anything like the standard required on a reasonably consistent basis and isn't that a disgraceful situation to be in? Anyone that thinks we need anything other than a total overhaul is deluded or a fool.

Not sure on vernam, he has fits and bursts when he is fit, but theres no consistancy. Hopefully a full pre season and we can see the benefits of him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
April 17, 2024, 1:37pm
Guest User

I haven't had a bet in decades but am tempted to have one on Town going down. Seem to be generous odds about. Happy for it to lose and if it doesn't it'd buy a ST which isn't something I'm actually contemplating.
Reply: 37 - 66
IlkleyMariner
April 17, 2024, 1:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,039
Gold Stars: 69
Last time I saw odds like that, the Aussies put bets on Botham and Willis beating Australia at Headingley. The rest is history.
I remember it well as I went to work and didn’t use my ticket for the last day….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
April 17, 2024, 1:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Last time I saw odds like that, the Aussies put bets on Botham and Willis beating Australia at Headingley. The rest is history.
I remember it well as I went to work and didn’t use my ticket for the last day….

That game got me into watching cricket. I met Ian Botham over a decade later and told him that. Couldn't take my eyes away from what was unfolding on TV. A really nice bloke to talk to.
Reply: 39 - 66
A Brace Of Tees
April 17, 2024, 1:56pm
Beer Drinker
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
[quote=123]

Does he not get the credit for changing the style then?

Well actually - no, he doesn't. I think it's fairly common knowledge that the change of style wasn't his idea!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
MarinerRob
April 17, 2024, 2:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107

I tried to put £5 on and got a message that the bet limit was 25p. So instead of £5,005 if Town went down it would be £125.25

I went to BetFred and they had Town at 1000 - 1 as well. I was able to place a bet of £1.25. So if Town went down I will get £1,251.25

Obviously, I want to lose this bet.

Deserved to be red crossed for this so fire away.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
smokey111
April 17, 2024, 2:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,360
Gold Stars: 46
All put £1.25 on, then if the worst thing happens we can give whoever a war chest of £45,000,000 to buy Bogle and Bennett.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
arryarryarry
April 17, 2024, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

So where is your proof that the change was forced on him by the players? The meeting was a collective between DA , players, coaching staff and quite possibly the owners. These " barnstorming " meetings bring out all sorts of issues and a realisation that if something is wrong then what can we , as a group, do to correct it. You, apparently, don't want DA as our manager and you are taking a biased view on what was said in a meeting that you did not attend or have a transcript on what was said.

You could say the same about most comments on this site.

I was told by a member of staff.

Yes I don't want Artell as manager.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
TownSNAFU5
April 17, 2024, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
Because the team have performed well in a handful of games makes the season worse in one way.  They can reach these standards, but for x reasons have not done so in the vast majority of games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
grimsby pete
April 17, 2024, 3:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Why can we not play well in two games on the trot.?

Well the players have one more chance to put things right and save our season from disaster to just disappointing .

The home fans deserve a big win after two seasons of dross.

The rest of us can go into the summer months with a little smile on our faces after finishing with a win at Crawley.

Next season needs to be better much better so another handful of players needed ( 5 ) at least..

Keeper . Full back. Midfield. Winger. Striker.

Good luck in finding them Dave.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
CodHead
April 17, 2024, 3:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from arryarryarry

Of course it was down to the players that we changed the style, the players pick the team and the tactics don’t they. Or is that just a comment made to suit the agenda you have towards Artell because he’s not your cup of tea.

Summer recruitment is the reason for the mess we find ourselves in. Although DA didn’t help himself at the start, he deserves credit for changing our fortunes (to an extent). We are nearly over the line let’s get over the line, from there we can have a mass exodus in the summer. The permanent transfers we made in January have been good, which gives me hope that the recruitment in the summer will be better than it was last summer under Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
arryarryarry
April 17, 2024, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from CodHead

Of course it was down to the players that we changed the style, the players pick the team and the tactics don’t they. Or is that just a comment made to suit the agenda you have towards Artell because he’s not your cup of tea.

Summer recruitment is the reason for the mess we find ourselves in. Although DA didn’t help himself at the start, he deserves credit for changing our fortunes (to an extent). We are nearly over the line let’s get over the line, from there we can have a mass exodus in the summer. The permanent transfers we made in January have been good, which gives me hope that the recruitment in the summer will be better than it was last summer under Hurst.

FFS, as I said, I was told by a member of staff.

Do you have excrement for brains or just can't read?
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
Northbank Mariner
April 17, 2024, 4:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from arryarryarry

Great, another member if staff telling all and sundry what goes on behind closed doors!!..I'm sure the tea lady knows all the inner workings of GTFC!..
No need to be quite so vociferous was there?..every time your questioned you get on your high horse like you know best...well guess flipping what, you don't!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
GrimPol
April 17, 2024, 5:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

So what you mean is you've took the fact they had a meeting after Doncaster and came up with a balderdash rumour? And the better players are the two standouts in the side... Thompson and Tharme. The problems consistently are the players Hurst brought to the football club not being good enough to string two decent performances together. You're quick enough to slag him off after a poor performance but yet we've been on a good run but don't want to give him any credit for it? Laughable

The fact that DA + Others had a meeting and changed direction, from the direction that DA set them on from the PH direction, meant it wasn't working.
I have said from the outset that DA was the wrong Manager at the wrong time, not that I have anything against him on a personal level, its just that he hadn't enough mileage in saving clubs, and he had been out of football for 18 months, and we needed someone who still had mud on his boots from the last job. He made mistakes while getting acclimatised back into football, which we are suffering from.
However the January newbies are a bit better, but as this forum cannot make its mind up who actually has the final say in recruiting, that's either down to DA or some background figure. So basically I don't know. Nobody knows.
What I do know is that DA and his helpers cannot seem to instill the basics of football. If a team is poor in passing, corner kicks, freekicks, heading  and throwing, there's not much left is there? If DA stays, and his little helpers, what makes anyone think its going to be better next season, always assuming Crawley or MKDons do us a favour, or we get something out of Swindon or Crawley and we stay in the League?    Up The Bleeding Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
LocalLadGTFC
April 17, 2024, 5:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

The fact that DA + Others had a meeting and changed direction, from the direction that DA set them on from the PH direction, meant it wasn't working.
I have said from the outset that DA was the wrong Manager at the wrong time, not that I have anything against him on a personal level, its just that he hadn't enough mileage in saving clubs, and he had been out of football for 18 months, and we needed someone who still had mud on his boots from the last job. He made mistakes while getting acclimatised back into football, which we are suffering from.
However the January newbies are a bit better, but as this forum cannot make its mind up who actually has the final say in recruiting, that's either down to DA or some background figure. So basically I don't know. Nobody knows.
What I do know is that DA and his helpers cannot seem to instill the basics of football. If a team is poor in passing, corner kicks, freekicks, heading  and throwing, there's not much left is there? If DA stays, and his little helpers, what makes anyone think its going to be better next season, always assuming Crawley or MKDons do us a favour, or we get something out of Swindon or Crawley and we stay in the League?    Up The Bleeding Mariners

He's steered us away from relegation when everyone thought we was doomed with a squad of idiots that don't know there behind from the elbow. Artell has said numerous times that Joe was in charge of recruitment and bringing him the players. Artell has final say on the players and who he wants but Joe does most the work as that's his job... it's another stick people want to beat Artell with that the January signings wasn't his... well in the summer it's common knowledge that Hurst went against Joe and look what happened. We've been left with this shower of shite, Artell still has final say over everything at the football club as that's his job and if things go wrong then it's his job on the line, so the rumours that players forced the tactic on him or the signings weren't his are just well and truly false.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 66
hampshiremariner
April 17, 2024, 5:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Talk about being the better team is irrelevant wthen they scored two and we scored nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
Posh Harry
April 17, 2024, 5:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Because the team have performed well in a handful of games makes the season worse in one way.  They can reach these standards, but for x reasons have not done so in the vast majority of games.

I can probably hit 1 in 3 of my golf drives well. The fact that I can’t do it all the time shows my level as a golfer. They are league 2 footballers because they can play to a good level, but not consistently.

The real question is, like if I took golf lessons to improve, which of them are capable of improving to be able to do it on a more regular basis. That is what the manager will need to decide during the close season when he has got more time to work with them than what he has between games, without the pressure on. Those he knows can’t will probably be moved on, those he thinks can will either stay or be offered a new deal, buts that the job of a manager/head coach.

Whatever happens, assuming DA is in charge next season (and if we stay up I would be amazed if he isn’t), it is going to be a lively and intriguing close season with lots of incomings and outgoings.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
cardiffmariner
April 17, 2024, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Posh Harry

I can probably hit 1 in 3 of my golf drives well. The fact that I can’t do it all the time shows my level as a golfer. They are league 2 footballers because they can play to a good level, but not consistently.

The real question is, like if I took golf lessons to improve, which of them are capable of improving to be able to do it on a more regular basis. That is what the manager will need to decide during the close season when he has got more time to work with them than what he has between games, without the pressure on. Those he knows can’t will probably be moved on, those he thinks can will either stay or be offered a new deal, buts that the job of a manager/head coach.

Whatever happens, assuming DA is in charge next season (and if we stay up I would be amazed if he isn’t), it is going to be a lively and intriguing close season with lots of incomings and outgoings.

UTFM

What about all the other League Two footballers who play for the teams above us?

The analogy doesn’t work. They need to be consistent for the standard (League Two) they are at. They are not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
rancido
April 17, 2024, 7:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

You could say the same about most comments on this site.

I was told by a member of staff.

Yes I don't want Artell as manager.

Source?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Lincspoacher
April 17, 2024, 7:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 15
Delayed responding to this as normal as was so cheesed off last night tbh.

In relation to DA saying we were the far better team, I can see why he would think that in the 2nd half based on how we came out in the 2nd half, but do think it’s a nuanced view. Yes, we knocked it about as well as I have seen since Salford away, but the final ball was woeful and the strikers would have scored by luck more than design.

We looked quicker and passed it well up to the 18 yards box, but then the usual problem emerged, lack of quality final ball and Rose apart, our strikers lack impact.

In the first half, Colchester looked dangerous from the opening minute tbh. My mate even said to me just before the goal that their pace was dangerous and we looked a bit pedestrian in comparison.

Their goal was well fed and taken and whilst it was a soft goal from DA’s perspective, if we had scored that, we would be saying how well we robbed it in transition and the ball into the striker was well timed and a great finish.

I will be glad after Saturday as we are safe and I am certain this will be confirmed at 4.50pm , however that is secured.

I am also still hopeful that DA can build his own squad over the summer and he shouldn’t be judged on what he has got out of PH’s squad solely.

It’s been a tough season but tbh, not that much worse than the end of last season when we clearly finished higher but the entertainment was equally hard to stomach each home game.

UTM and let’s regroup and get behind DA in the close season and hope he proves some of the sceptics out there wrong. We will all be happy if that is the case and I am trying to remain optimistic that he is still the right man for us next season.

Final point, let’s get behind the side Saturday and DA. Results are frustrating but most of the squad do not lack effort and many like Rose deserve that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
moosey_club
April 17, 2024, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Hagrid

Not sure on vernam, he has fits and bursts when he is fit, but theres no consistancy. Hopefully a full pre season and we can see the benefits of him

I wonder how many clubs and how many seasons have said the same ...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
Posh Harry
April 17, 2024, 9:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from cardiffmariner

What about all the other League Two footballers who play for the teams above us?

The analogy doesn’t work. They need to be consistent for the standard (League Two) they are at. They are not.

So the players in the teams above us are more consistent than ours. But as can be seen from most of the teams, they have good and bad games and good and poor runs. The more consistent they play, the higher up the league the team ends up. Don’t think it’s rocket science
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
CodHead
April 17, 2024, 9:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from arryarryarry

Course you were, and a member of staff told me that you are full of excrement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
cardiffmariner
April 17, 2024, 10:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Posh Harry

So the players in the teams above us are more consistent than ours. But as can be seen from most of the teams, they have good and bad games and good and poor runs. The more consistent they play, the higher up the league the team ends up. Don’t think it’s rocket science

I think that’s the point I just made.

You made the point they are inconsistent because they are league two players. Personally I’d say ability plays a bigger factor in the level a footballer plays at than consistency. Perhaps we’re just looking at two sides of the same coin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
GrimPol
April 18, 2024, 8:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

He's steered us away from relegation when everyone thought we was doomed with a squad of idiots that don't know there behind from the elbow. Artell has said numerous times that Joe was in charge of recruitment and bringing him the players. Artell has final say on the players and who he wants but Joe does most the work as that's his job... it's another stick people want to beat Artell with that the January signings wasn't his... well in the summer it's common knowledge that Hurst went against Joe and look what happened. We've been left with this shower of shite, Artell still has final say over everything at the football club as that's his job and if things go wrong then it's his job on the line, so the rumours that players forced the tactic on him or the signings weren't his are just well and truly false.

Steered has the sound of Finesse about it I would say Lurched, and we are still not safe. And if we do go down due to GD then we know who squandered GD  by the humiliating tonks we received with his new improved tactics.
Can you send a link of where actualy DA says he's in charge of recruitment, I missed that bit, and it would genuinely put a stop to online wrongs wouldn't it?
And when you say "common knowledge that Hurst went against Joe" is that common hearsay or written down somewhere? Again a Link would be useful.a
Lastly, if they had to have a meeting to sort out why we were being thrashed, using DA's tactics and then changed DA's tactics, and weren't thrashed anymore, then what's it say about DA? How well does he read players?
DA was the wrong manager at the wrong time, but hopefully, he's learnt his lessons this season and next season will propel the Mighty Mariners to the dizzying heights of 18th position in League 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
DB
April 18, 2024, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
When PH took over we were relegated, but as many said it wasn't his players although he signed some in the January. The following season we got promoted.

DA took over and we were not quite in freefall but were trying hard to do it. He signed some players in January and have scraped to stay in the league by the skin of our teeth.

Hopefully, next season will be a promotion push, akin to Crewe this year.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
LocalLadGTFC
April 18, 2024, 9:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Steered has the sound of Finesse about it I would say Lurched, and we are still not safe. And if we do go down due to GD then we know who squandered GD  by the humiliating tonks we received with his new improved tactics.
Can you send a link of where actualy DA says he's in charge of recruitment, I missed that bit, and it would genuinely put a stop to online wrongs wouldn't it?
And when you say "common knowledge that Hurst went against Joe" is that common hearsay or written down somewhere? Again a Link would be useful.a
Lastly, if they had to have a meeting to sort out why we were being thrashed, using DA's tactics and then changed DA's tactics, and weren't thrashed anymore, then what's it say about DA? How well does he read players?
DA was the wrong manager at the wrong time, but hopefully, he's learnt his lessons this season and next season will propel the Mighty Mariners to the dizzying heights of 18th position in League 1

On the DN35 podcast with Artell he talks about the recruitment and how it works with him and Joe. If you go to the episode with Jason then that has the information about how Hurst and how the summers recruitment played out 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 66
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 18, 2024, 9:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
So, there's possibly a chink of light in the carnage of this season in these last few posts..

If Hurst went against 'Joe' and brought in the likes of Eisa and some of the other architects of our mediocrity but Artell works with him and that brings in the likes of Tharme and Thompson I am much more optimistic that we can get better players and improve next season.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
GrimPol
April 18, 2024, 9:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

On the DN35 podcast with Artell he talks about the recruitment and how it works with him and Joe. If you go to the episode with Jason then that has the information about how Hurst and how the summers recruitment played out 👍

A lot to go through, I'll get back before the new season starts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
CSLM
April 18, 2024, 2:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
[quote=872]

I don’t think you can attribute it to ‘luck’ when all teams play the same teams twice, I don’t buy into ‘tough run ins’ being bad luck either. Sutton & FGR have had to play the top sides at the end which just demonstrates just how excrement they’ve been all season, they both deserve to go down.

We’ll end up being the 3rd or 4th worst side in the league this year and wherever we finish, we’ve deserved it.

Yep totally agree with that. I was thinking the same a few weeks ago when they all had the big boys to play. Shows that they were probably even worse than their ppg at the time.

Also keep noticing plenty of people talking about how Swindon are totally out of form. They've won 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5. I don't think it will be an easy victory at all.
I'd be surprised if Sutton get 6 points and I can see us getting at least 1, hopefully.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
RonMariner
April 18, 2024, 11:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
The good news is that Crawley really need to pick up points if they are to make the play offs, so will be giving it a real good go at Sutton. Let's hope they get at least a draw, which is all we need to stay up.

It will take both a Sutton and a Swindon win to take it to the last weekend. We are still masters of our own fate but the players need to step up and earn our survival because it may not be gifted to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.