April 16, 2024, 9:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from diehardmariner

Thank you.

Whilst having a neb at the history of the applications for Blundell Park a few that caught my eye.

1999 - Refused application to turn BP into residential properties, presumably had we got the ground at Great Coates - http://planninganddevelopment......KeyVal=MSK9KB00DT00P

1992 - Approved (with conditions) plans to extend the Findus, sadly no supporting documents - http://planninganddevelopment......KeyVal=MSK9KB00DT00P

Interesting, full list of applications here:

http://planninganddevelopment......keyVal=MSK9KB00DT00P

Looks like there was an intention to put seats in the old corners and put a roof over them back in 1992; presumably cost did for those plans. Also plans to put a gym into the vacant space within the Findus stand, which were refused.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
diehardmariner
April 16, 2024, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I very, very vaguely remember talk of the gym in the Findus.  There was an incredibly basic gym that was in the Main Stand, possibly where the Youth Bar is now in the mid 90's.  Limited equipment and one thing that always stuck in my mind was that it had a Coca-Cola bike just propped on the wall (normal bike, not a Watt or Spin bike) that Mark Lever won as Player of the Match when said company sponsored the League Cup.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
supertown
April 16, 2024, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
What happened to the idea of moving the changing rooms etc to the findus , why didn’t that happen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
LocalLadGTFC
April 16, 2024, 2:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from supertown
What happened to the idea of moving the changing rooms etc to the findus , why didn’t that happen

Under the findus you obviously have the turnstiles for the upper, but you also have the ticket office and club shop. You then have a few classrooms and suites that are used for GTSET so I don't think it'd ever be viable.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 60
supertown
April 16, 2024, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Under the findus you obviously have the turnstiles for the upper, but you also have the ticket office and club shop. You then have a few classrooms and suites that are used for GTSET so I don't think it'd ever be viable.

Thought it was built with that in mind . There is a gap for the tunnel in the middle isn’t there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
MaccasBoots
April 16, 2024, 5:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Heisenberg

If we’re stuck with Blundell Park (and we are, let’s be honest) then as an Upper regular I can confirm these changes are necessary. I’ve never been in the women’s toilets, but honestly I can guess that there simply aren’t enough bogs in there. The blokes urinals are appallingly small and there’s one sh#tter, which is preposterous. The amount of times I see a dad with his young kid waiting for the trap to become free is just not on. BP is a joke, for things like this. Good news the owners are trying to sort that kind of thing out.

But, my god, this doesn’t even scratch the surface.

I completely agree with you about the men's loos, but looking at this plan it looks like there'll still only be one toilet. The one currently in the men's is being removed, as is one of the ones currently in the women's - only one toilet will remain between the two of those, in the new expanded men's loo, with additional toilets being added in the new disabled and moved women's loos.

Possible that I've misunderstood the plans - but if that is the case it is a big disappointment, as I agree with you about it being ridiculous that there's only toilet in the men's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
LocalLadGTFC
April 16, 2024, 5:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from MaccasBoots

I completely agree with you about the men's loos, but looking at this plan it looks like there'll still only be one toilet. The one currently in the men's is being removed, as is one of the ones currently in the women's - only one toilet will remain between the two of those, in the new expanded men's loo, with additional toilets being added in the new disabled and moved women's loos.

Possible that I've misunderstood the plans - but if that is the case it is a big disappointment, as I agree with you about it being ridiculous that there's only toilet in the men's.

Yeah you've misunderstood mate, an additional toilet being put into the mens aswell as new urinals.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 60
crusty ole pie
April 16, 2024, 5:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from MaccasBoots

Very rarely seen the cupible door closed only ever seen it used as a overflow for the inadequate number of urine pots so I would say 1 cubicle in the men’s is enough maximise the pisspot space
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
mariner91
April 16, 2024, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Very rarely seen the cupible door closed only ever seen it used as a overflow for the inadequate number of urine pots so I would say 1 cubicle in the men’s is enough maximise the pisspot space

Would took a very brave or very desperate man to sit on the toilet seat in that cubicle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
crusty ole pie
April 16, 2024, 5:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from mariner91

Would took a very brave or very desperate man to sit on the toilet seat in that cubicle.

So true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New toilets

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.