February 26, 2024, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from pizzzza
Morison sounds like someone who is on a bonus to keep Sutton up

Morison sounds like someone who is on crack.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
RichMariner
February 26, 2024, 12:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
When I was younger I'd have loved a job in football. Did a stint doing Mariners World, as it was then, asking players and managers all the 'friendly' questions but still many of them would get quite prickly.

I did commentary for Compass FM one night at Macclesfield after they were left short staffed. We lost 1-0 and Mike Newell was in a horrible mood.

Had to do the post-match interview.

It was awful. I didn't realise I'd be doing it (I was just filling in; no one warned me). We didn't have a second mic, so we had to use the one I had, but it was attached to my headphones so I had to take them off and hold them out while he answered.

Proper amateur hour (yeah, I know, who'd have guessed!).

I do admire journalists who interview managers after games when they're clearly frustrated or upset. I'll always side with the journalists because it's their job to ask the questions the fans want answering.

I do agree with a poster above, in that a lot of reporters these days editorialise, and go round the houses before asking what could've been a very simple question.

I was also taught not to ask yes/no questions, and I get frustrated by how many still do this.

But the managers should know that they're going to get asked difficult questions. If they can't handle a mild bit of questioning by a local journalist then how the hell are they going to stand up as a football manager when so many more are scrutinising them?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Steve Morison

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.