3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 25, 2024, 3:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Next month the games come thick and fast and will surely define our future. There is much said about the 42 points to be had but half of those will be in a space of 27 days.
2nd  FGR  Home
5th Wimbledon Away
9th Sutton Away
12th MK Dons Home
16th Gillingham Away
23rd Wrexham Home
29th Barrow Away

Those 4 away trips will certainly add up the mileage from the South East of the country to the North West. Not much rest for the players or the travelling fans.

So out of 21 points possible, how many should we expect? 5 of those clubs are looking for promotion and 2 are in the same boat as us so it could be slim pickings. It really does make FGR and Sutton must wins and hope we pick some points from the other games.

As optimistic and positive as I am I think it looks like a long hard month.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
February 25, 2024, 4:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,718
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DB
Next month the games come thick and fast and will surely define our future. There is much said about the 42 points to be had but half of those will be in a space of 27 days.
2nd  FGR  Home
5th Wimbledon Away
9th Sutton Away
12th MK Dons Home
16th Gillingham Away
23rd Wrexham Home
29th Barrow Away

Those 4 away trips will certainly add up the mileage from the South East of the country to the North West. Not much rest for the players or the travelling fans.

So out of 21 points possible, how many should we expect? 5 of those clubs are looking for promotion and 2 are in the same boat as us so it could be slim pickings. It really does make FGR and Sutton must wins and hope we pick some points from the other games.

As optimistic and positive as I am I think it looks like a long hard month.

Every time somebody posts another reality of the situation, the more difficult it seems to become.

As most of the fans would have told you while watching the terrible form unfold before their eyes with seemingly no attempt to stem the tide, we are heading to catastrophe.

Stockwood yesterday saying there is a third of the season left, but on our current trajectory that is bad news. 2nd bottom of the form table, can't buy a win and now injuries piling up we will have to dig very deep. I'm not sure this group of players have it in them to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
ska face
February 25, 2024, 4:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Every match looks hard when you’re 3rd bottom. Every oppo manager is Brian Clough and you’re playing against the Brazil 1970 first team each week.

We’ve seen every team in this division and I can’t really think of any where they’ve been unplayable. We’ve lost games by being appalling rather than other teams being amazing.

A bit of confidence and we’ll be well in with a shout.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Hagrid
February 25, 2024, 4:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from ska face
Every match looks hard when you’re 3rd bottom. Every oppo manager is Brian Clough and you’re playing against the Brazil 1970 first team each week.

We’ve seen every team in this division and I can’t really think of any where they’ve been unplayable. We’ve lost games by being appalling rather than other teams being amazing.

A bit of confidence and we’ll be well in with a shout.

Mansfield looked a cut above, Barrow when they came here i thought were very good ( we somehow won that one)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
BraStrap
February 25, 2024, 4:09pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
Settle for wins against Forest Green and Sutton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
ska face
February 25, 2024, 4:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Oh yeah I’ll give you Mansfield
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
diehardmariner
February 25, 2024, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 539
And yet we, at the time, perhaps felt a bit unlucky to only get a point from the home fixture with Mansfield.

Long time since then and it feels even longer. But it shows the standards we can (and should) be meeting really.

It baffles me how bad we've become but I'm in full agreement regards confidence. Yesterday was in the main solid and dogged rather than anything else, something to build on for sure.  If we continue doing that for the final third of the season we'll be more than fine, even more so if we can weave in little bits of quality from the likes of Vernam.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
HerveJosse
February 25, 2024, 5:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Look at Colchester’s fixtures in March that will make you feel better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Mappers
February 25, 2024, 6:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
8 or 9 would be decent , and keep us on track for safety we would then have 38/39 points  and would probably need  only 4-8 points from the last 7 games to survive . We  only likely  need to actually win 2 or 3 games with our expertise in draws , as I would back us to draw a good few . It's more where the wins come from for me , especially at home .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Yoda
February 25, 2024, 6:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
i recon 4 points from March.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › March Fixtures

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.