Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back......
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back......

This thread currently has 8,088 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
February 24, 2024, 11:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,916
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Croxton

I understand that very well. For many years I was too busy working, raising kids and paying a mortgage to have much disposable income. The very fact that being relegated could be terminal for Town as an EFL team means that every sinew must be strained by players, staff and supporters THIS season.

I just find mourning at the bedside and yelling for morphine when there is still a strong heartbeat somewhat defeatist. Wiggy has gone full Dignitas.

Get it, let’s see 🤞

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
chaos33
February 24, 2024, 11:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
No need to make it a competition. Dis was a true Mariner and great pro - high standards and full commitment all the time. No dips, no exceptions, no excuses. Captain and leader.  Danny Rose is cut from the same cloth and I, for one, am extremely grateful to have him, especially as he sets the standard amongst inconsistent teammates. He leads by example and I’m extremely grateful for him this season. Lord knows we’d be bottom of the league and as good as gone without him. Love him.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
Mariner93er
February 25, 2024, 12:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,729
Gold Stars: 28
Think the game shows how much a result can alter our perception, because I don't think it was too different from previous weeks, barring Morecambe' inability to finish. Before Holohan's chance, they missed two tap ins and we would have been 3-1 down, ruing another week were we'd shipped goals.

Not denying it was a gutsy performance and hopefully it gives them a bit of a confidence boost, but I can't help but feel that the football gods shone on us a little.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
JBazza
February 25, 2024, 1:37am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +75
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mariner93er
Think the game shows how much a result can alter our perception, because I don't think it was too different from previous weeks, barring Morecambe' inability to finish. Before Holohan's chance, they missed two tap ins and we would have been 3-1 down, ruing another week were we'd shipped goals.

Not denying it was a gutsy performance and hopefully it gives them a bit of a confidence boost, but I can't help but feel that the football gods shone on us a little.

Agree with that. Read a lot of people hoping this is the start of a turnaround (maybe even for Artell). To me it was only slightly better than the previous games. Sure, we had our chance to score another one. But Morecambe missed two sitters too. To me Morecambe played a really awful game, not any better than the 0-3 loss against walsall last weekend. That draw was hard fought but also gotta thank Morecambe for really playin down to our level. Next game needs to be better, much better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 25, 2024, 1:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,823
Gold Stars: 178

They both have beautiful teeth

Thrice a day brushers

Danny’s may be augmented (allegedly)

Don’t you mean augMINTed

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
Mayaman
February 25, 2024, 2:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from wiggers
Sad state of affairs, a point at Morecambe is something to celebrate.  They are average at best.  I’m sorry but there is no way we will stay up. I’m absolutely gutted what has happened to us this season. Can’t believe how bad we are. We are clueless, plain and simple. We have massively gone backwards under Artell.  Can’t believe what I’m reading on this thread….

Hang around pal, you might just get your wish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
Northbank Mariner
February 25, 2024, 7:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I believe he was 30 when he signed for us. With a successful and long career in the EFL behind him. An absolute great bloke, gave his absolute all for us absolutely all of the time. He scored lots of important goals for us, did the defensive stuff many don't recognise off the ball and led by example. Also, I serve fish to his mum and dad and they are good people ha.

Just to add another name into the pot...Danny Collins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
The Caterham Mariner
February 25, 2024, 8:29am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Sunday morning = Pot of tea run through the highlights, read match report  on Town website
Read comments / opinions on "Fishy" etc.
IMO an improved effort after last week .
I loved that back pass which would  have made a brilliant  goal but hey it shows  team awareness knowing where your "Oppo" is and having trust and  faith in him.
The "Goalie" improving slowly .
Looking forward to seeing them with my own eyes couple of games i can have a better realistic opinion plus watch a better performance to keep us up!
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
HertsGTFC
February 25, 2024, 9:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,916
Gold Stars: 228
Sunday morning = Pot of tea run through the highlights, read match report  on Town website
Read comments / opinions on "Fishy" etc.
IMO an improved effort after last week .
I loved that back pass which would  have made a brilliant  goal but hey it shows  team awareness knowing where your "Oppo" is and having trust and  faith in him.
The "Goalie" improving slowly .
Looking forward to seeing them with my own eyes couple of games i can have a better realistic opinion plus watch a better performance to keep us up!
UTM

Similar exercise for me this morning, I always feel a bit of a fraud posting on this thread if I’ve not actually been to the game & just benefited from use of a VPN (allegedly).

In no particular order

- Away support - excellent!!

- In previous weeks when it went to 1 - 1 we’d have gone on to concede more. So a bit more resilience.

- Really good Town goal

- Shape seemed to work would love to have seen Chas up there with Rose, fingers crossed it’s just a niggle. Artell needs to stick with it. Maybe a role for Arthur?

- All round we defended ok but just ok

- Clifton, never got the RWB idea but yesterday I was proved wrong, his energy made a lot of difference.

- Subs were 10 mins too late, at least.

- Young Harvey, feel for him a bit as he’s clearly got talent & made a couple of good saves, I just don’t think he’s ready.

- Confirmed what we know despite working hard Green is NL level and Jamie Andrews like Harvey just isn’t ready. Gav, great lad but I’d be disappointed if we stay up & he gets a new deal.

- Their goal, we turn an attacking position into an opposition goal, poor keeping but once again loads of town players in the box & no one alert enough to get close to the scorer.

- Ref and his “assistants” where sh1te but Artell needs to calm it on the touch line a bit.

- Would love to know what’s going on with Pyke & Wilson

My overall takeaway is that the players had a really good go but overall we lack so much quality & consistency that we have relegation written all over us.

If FGR has drawn or lost we’d have thought it was a good result yesterday, but like I say well done to the lads for having a go.

UTM!!

P.S. - Still think Artell will take us down as he inherited Hursts poor recruitment/squad and didn’t make his first job fixing the defence. Arrogance, self belief or just plain stupidity?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
IlkleyMariner
February 25, 2024, 11:50am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
One of those games that could have gone either way, but we competed for every ball and had a number of counter attacks which were promising but turned to nothing. Thought the defensive performance and long throws of the new CB were good.

I had to smile at the shooting practice of Morecambe before the game . Inmost every shot was just inside the post and well struck. In the actual game they couldn’t hit a barn door.

The performance of the assistant referee on the main stand side was the most abysmal I have ever seen from a Lino.

A point gained and let’s hope we get some players back for FGR.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back......

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.