Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › “If” Artell does go…..
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

“If” Artell does go…..

This thread currently has 5,789 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
February 12, 2024, 8:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
He ain’t going anywhere any time soon

So get behind him and the players and enjoy

Enjoy what exactly?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 81
February 12, 2024, 10:21am
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
I was told that the owners and the staff rate Shaun and that makes me think that if Artell gets himself fired - and he will if there are 3 or 4 more sh1t results in Feb and March and the entire fan base is in conflict with the manager and owners - then they would be content with that contingency plan and would hope to scrape through with a model that is more pragmatic and conservative. I suspect that Artell not bringing in his own assistant and basically being told that Shaun is the number 2 was precisely to provide some fall back if it goes t1ts - which it clearly has.

That would be insane!  Shaun and Ben are very, very inexperienced 'managers', if DH was to go, something I disagree with, then it is a very experienced manager we need in his place to help us get out of the predicament we are currently in.  We don't need two guys who 'managed' a team for 2 or 3 League Two matches.

Reply: 61 - 81
denni266
February 12, 2024, 11:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from 123614

That would be insane!  Shaun and Ben are very, very inexperienced 'managers', if DH was to go, something I disagree with, then it is a very experienced manager we need in his place to help us get out of the predicament we are currently in.  We don't need two guys who 'managed' a team for 2 or 3 League Two matches.

So tell us how they can be any worse than Artell ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 81
Poojah
February 12, 2024, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,707
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from 123614

Anyone we were to go with as an external appointment will be currently out of work. That’s just the nature of where we are. Realistically, any so-called experienced manager would have to come from one of these two lists. Who would you fancy? The realistic options aren’t very exciting.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.u.....lklasse=0&plus=0

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 81
grimsby pete
February 12, 2024, 2:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
He ain’t going anywhere any time soon

So get behind him and the players and enjoy

How can you enjoy seeing schoolboy errors and another defeat we can't  even win when we score five.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 81
mariner91
February 12, 2024, 2:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Poojah

Anyone we were to go with as an external appointment will be currently out of work. That’s just the nature of where we are. Realistically, any so-called experienced manager would have to come from one of these two lists. Who would you fancy? The realistic options aren’t very exciting.

Mark Bonner would be the only one on those lists that looks even remotely good. And I'm not sure his football style matches what the owners want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 81
DB
February 12, 2024, 3:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.43
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Poojah

There's not a lot of class on there, so why not bring in a manager under contract elsewhere, other clubs do it. Yes, I do realise that we would have to pay a fee, but if we want the best then that's what you have to do.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 81
Poojah
February 12, 2024, 4:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Mark Bonner would be the only one on those lists that looks even remotely good. And I'm not sure his football style matches what the owners want.

He was the one name that stood out to me after I posted the above links. He night not quite fit the bill in terms of playing style, however I’m hoping that the owners are learning fast that an overnight switch to sexy football might not be the most sensible after all. As a character, he seems to be a top bloke and by all accounts “values-led” (JS’ choice of phrase, not mine). Nice piece on him here by Max Rushden:

https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....arge-can-be-fleeting

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 81
Poojah
February 12, 2024, 4:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

There's not a lot of class on there, so why not bring in a manager under contract elsewhere, other clubs do it. Yes, I do realise that we would have to pay a fee, but if we want the best then that's what you have to do.

Because you’d have to be absolutely off your rocker to leave gainful employment to join the GTFC circus at this moment in time. That’s the sad reflection of the state we find ourselves in yet again.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 81
MuddyWaters
February 12, 2024, 4:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,279
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Enjoy what exactly?

There’s been a lot of painting if watching it dry is your thing?
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › “If” Artell does go…..

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.