Gold Stars: 262
Someone has put 50p in the idiot I see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 89
December 28, 2023, 1:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from HatTrickHero

No, you feck off with your ramblings, like you tell others to do. Learn the art of debate, don't expect to stretch out every debate until everyone tires of you and you somehow gain 'the win' by getting the last word.
At least this soon to deteriorate group chat has been moved to non footy, so I'm out.

Thank God you are out, and don't tell me to learn how to debate, what do you think is happening in this thread?

Reply: 21 - 89
December 28, 2023, 1:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from diehardmariner

That's not the point he's making BAWB.

The GFA has brought a significant period of peace to that area.  Without the agreement, I'm pretty certain we wouldn't have had that.  

I'm no fan of Blair and there's literally hundreds of things to hang him with, but I don't think the GFA is one of them.

There are many, many people who will disagree with that.

Reply: 22 - 89
December 28, 2023, 1:43pm
Guest User
Funny how some people like to have a go at me, but make no comment on friskneymariners absolutely disgusting first post he made on here.
Reply: 23 - 89
Maringer
December 28, 2023, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from 123614

The IRA are STILL fighting, a Police Officer was shot as recently as March 2023 and in April 2023 there was a petrol bomb attack on police in a police landrover, which they were lucky to escape from.

Also, ask the families of the 1,400 soldiers killed and the 319 policemen killed, not to mention the 1,879 civilians that were also killed by terrorist attacks, if they were in favour of the Good Friday agreement.

Without the GFA, you can increase those numbers massively.

There are still dickheads out there fighting because they only got 90% of what they wanted in the GFA, but the lives of the vast, vast majority of people in the province are much better for it. Don't look back, look forward. It's not about you, it's about them. If anything, you should feel that the sacrifices made by soldiers out there helped pave the way for the GFA and the peace (of sorts) which it led to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 89
December 28, 2023, 1:54pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer

Without the GFA, you can increase those numbers massively.

There are still dickheads out there fighting because they only got 90% of what they wanted in the GFA, but the lives of the vast, vast majority of people in the province are much better for it. Don't look back, look forward. It's not about you, it's about them. If anything, you should feel that the sacrifices made by soldiers out there helped pave the way for the GFA and the peace (of sorts) which it led to.

Again, their families might disagree with that.

Reply: 25 - 89
Roast Em Bobby
December 28, 2023, 2:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from 123614

Again, their families might disagree with that.

and the families that haven't lost anyone since the GFA wouldn't - which is the point others are trying to get into your thick skull
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 89
December 28, 2023, 3:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

and the families that haven't lost anyone since the GFA wouldn't - which is the point others are trying to get into your thick skull

Pathetic, resorting to insulting comments.

Reply: 27 - 89
friskneymariner
December 28, 2023, 3:15pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
This is solely directed at Band W Bear do not think you only one to serve in theatre I was stationed at Thiepval Barracks and Bishop Court,and I am well aware of the dirty  tactics of all 3 sides.Please go and read the depositions of parachute regiment soldiers to the Saville committee,,These depositions are what led to Soldier F being charged,when the full facts come out I assure you people will be appalled .

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 89
December 28, 2023, 3:39pm
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner
This is solely directed at Band W Bear do not think you only one to serve in theatre I was stationed at Thiepval Barracks and Bishop Court,and I am well aware of the dirty  tactics of all 3 sides.Please go and read the depositions of parachute regiment soldiers to the Saville committee,,These depositions are what led to Soldier F being charged,when the full facts come out I assure you people will be appalled .

I don't know why you think that what happened on Bloody Sunday 20 odd years before has anything to do with the GFA.  Just because the Paras, who incidentally were fired at first, returned fire, has nothing whatsoever to do with the GFA.  I don't know if you were involved in any firefights, but I can assure you that in those situations nothing is entirely clear.

Reply: 29 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tony Blair's Wimbledon to Belfast plan

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.