Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 36,350 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
April 25, 2024, 3:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
I suppose it's just possible that the game plan is to get Lincoln into the Prem, where they would have gigantic TV and sponsorship income, and then sell the club for a substantial profit. Bournemouth got up there with a 12,000 capacity stadium. At that level the gate receipts are not the the most significant income stream.

Premier league clubs sell for hundreds of millions, and in some cases billions. So investing 50 million or so to get there might be a bold though risky strategy. But you can see an end game. Even if you don't sell the club you could plunder it for huge dividends each year.

You can buy yourself out of L1. The problem is getting out of the championship. Derby spent £200 million a few years and didn't make it. Well, they did. But not in the direction they had hoped for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 260 - 312
diehardmariner
April 25, 2024, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,671
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from Mappers
]
The only way these stakeholders will see a return on their investment is if Lincoln go right through you would have thought , maybe that's their plan I suppose we will get a better indication if they make it to The Champ whether these high net worth individuals are willing to throw serious money at it to chase the dream or if it's just a bit of fun with what is pocket money for them .

Right through to the Prem?  Unless you get unbelievably lucky that isn't happening without chucking tens and tens of millions at it.  This is from a couple of years back but the weekly losses are eye watering!  

Tweet 1649079326950694914 will appear here...

The majority of clubs at that level, even the struggling ones, spend more on wages than they bring in.  Let's not even mention other costs, that's just on wages.  For a club of Lincoln's size and ground capacity to be remotely competitive they would need to spend 200% of turnover, minimum.  That couldn't come from ongoing investment from Landon Donovan's mates.

If it did, if Landon keeps finding happy go lucky blokes in San Jose who are willing to chuck a few million in here and there to bridge that gap it just adds up as money invested into the club.  £10mill becomes £20mill, soon becomes £50mill....£100 mill...they're investors, they'll want their money back and then some profit when it comes to selling.  Who's buying Lincoln City for that amount of money?

The whole game is broken.  It might be exciting at the minute for Imps fans but I can't see a long term happy ending here (and I take no pleasure in saying that, nor would I for any football club).  I'm not saying the investment group are out to a) do the dirty on Lincoln or b) run them as badly as Peter Swann.  But it's a business move for these guys, they'll have a timeframe where they expect to get their return.  If they don't, they won't intercourse about.
Private Message
Reply: 261 - 312
Gaffer58
April 25, 2024, 3:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Not saying what’s happening at Lincoln is good or bad, but where are the league experts in this, if a club is for sale then prospective owners have to pass some sort of test to in theory prove they are genuine and have the funds, but as at Lincoln and various other clubs that have suddenly gone “ bust” , Bury for one, are  the league checking up on how current owners are managing their clubs, or is it basically once you’ve got your hands onto the club then nobody in authority cares any more. Just asking  as I think a few on here are sceptical about what’s happening now and how it may pan out in the for Lincoln eventually.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 262 - 312
David Frazer
April 25, 2024, 3:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -531
Gold Stars: 5
To reply if i was hoping to buy a stake then sell ,the stated aim is actually the championship not the premier league ( at the moment) i would want my money as a loan .However everybody has taken this as shares/equity in the holding company and not as loaning the club millions.

All i can say is we will see what the future brings BUT honestly knowing the people involved and what has happened so far in there tenure i and everybody i know at the club trust them 150million % .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 263 - 312
Sconeboy
April 27, 2024, 2:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
LOL

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 264 - 312
supertown
April 27, 2024, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
Up yours Lincoln
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 265 - 312
It Bites
April 27, 2024, 2:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from David Frazer
To reply if i was hoping to buy a stake then sell ,the stated aim is actually the championship not the premier league ( at the moment) i would want my money as a loan .However everybody has taken this as shares/equity in the holding company and not as loaning the club millions.

All i can say is we will see what the future brings BUT honestly knowing the people involved and what has happened so far in there tenure i and everybody i know at the club trust them 150million % .

We’ve been dog excrement for 20 years and yet here you are still in touching distance in the league above . Your club will crash and burn in 5 years
Private Message
Reply: 266 - 312
quebec38
April 27, 2024, 2:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Lmao I’m sure David Fraser and the rest will be along soon to update us on their result today, the same as they do every time they win? … right?
Private Message
Reply: 267 - 312
Meza
April 27, 2024, 2:41pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Bottlers is all that needs to be said, they always end up bottling it haha.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 268 - 312
HatTrickHero
April 27, 2024, 2:51pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Look forward to reading their match thread later, always a hoot.  Starts with...don't care what happens, I'm so proud of my team, we could lose but it won't take the shine off the last couple of months....
FT: That was excrement! The ref was against us, and they were yobs, the worst team EVER  to play us since the last worst EVER team, they may be promoted but I wouldn't swap places with them blah blah....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 269 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.