Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back ...on the train  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back ...on the train  (merged)

This thread currently has 6,279 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
GrimPol
December 17, 2023, 12:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Lincspoacher

Clifton man of the match😁

5 of us travelled back in the car from the game and everyone one of us calling for manager to please drop him as he is playing awful at the moment.

His technical limitations not compensated anymore by running, tackling and being a pest, as we are now trying to play football.

Harry a great lad, but should be nowhere near the starting midfield based on performances in last 10 games.

Up to Doncaster the team played as strangers for the most of the time, so one couldn't put a finger if the poor results and play were organisational or just technical. Take the GK Eastwood, While he's taken the blame, I'm sure he lost faith in his backs very early on and lost his nerve being used as target practice all match long.  As DA is reshaping how the team plays some players have stepped up and fit in with the new system. Hunt  Gnahoua Conteh Glennon Maher Rose are flourishing whilst others are flagging and spottable gaps appearing. I think Clifton shined in a team that was lethargic with an aversion to passing and going forward, and now that the team does attack with much smoother and professional moves, Clifton's manic and often dead end charges are becoming a liability. I hope DA spends the time to set HC on the new path as it would be a shame to lose one our own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
Spurn boy
December 17, 2023, 12:32pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from GrimPol

It was mentioned by the Radio Hum it is 5% Plastic and 95% Grass. They would need it as Rugby is played on it as could be seen by the feint other markings.
Looked good.

I remember a few years ago the pitch looked like Cleethorpes beach with the tide out and was constantly waterlogged and then frozen, I think they were constantly postponing games because the pitch was unplayable. Looked very good yesterday.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
rancido
December 17, 2023, 12:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,642
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Interesting to hear Artell’s post match when he talked about asking Shaun & Ben to take 5 mins to think about what changes to make and present him with their options & credit to him listened made the changes.

He’s not only coaching players he’s coaching the coaches, different level this guy for sure.

Does anybody have a link to the post match interview - I can't seem to find it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
HertsGTFC
December 17, 2023, 1:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from rancido

Does anybody have a link to the post match interview - I can't seem to find it.

This might work http://bbc.in/48h03Ov

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
rancido
December 17, 2023, 2:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,642
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from HertsGTFC

This might work http://bbc.in/48h03Ov

Thanks - that's what I wanted.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
Son of Cod
December 17, 2023, 6:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
I can see both sides of the argument regarding Clifton yesterday. His performance was essentially a microcosm of his overall ability. Like Lew said, he was terrific at carrying the ball forward at times and his workrate was outstanding. However, he scuffed the one big chance that came his way and a fair few moves broke down when it came to him on the ball. All completely and utterly Harry Clifton traits and they have been ever since he broke through.

I don't necessarily agree with the notion that he has no place in an Artell squad or even a lineup playing possession based football. He retains his place in the squad due to his versatility alone and is always in with a shout of starting due to his ridiculous engine. What is telling though is that he hasn't started a match under Artell alongside Holohan and I suspect that will continue.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back ...on the train  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.