Users Browsing Forum

Slough on Sunday

This thread currently has 9,039 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
November 3, 2023, 8:23am
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
some background
it's a sell out on Sunday. This is possibly their biggest game for a generation having been nomads for years.
They are one of the smallest clubs in conference south, average crowds under 1000 and a part time club in a sea of professional teams,
Scott Davies the player manager is still a very good player and very intelligent young coach (ex Aylesbury Grammar School). Some of you may remember him from when he scored a penalty against us at Aldershot and milked it to the full.Was destined for big things before his weaknesses took hold. takes a sublime free kick. Tells me the has no injuries and has a plan! very good battling side - a team whose sum is greater than their parts.
Aylesbury United have a big interest in Sunday's game. Scott is Aylesbury born and bred and he has a local legend,Jefferson Louis, as fitness coach. Jefferson is as fit as a flea and has had as many clubs as he has had birthdays!
Jeanmal Prosper may feature - was playing step 5 about 6 seasons ago until Ben Williams at AUFC spotted him. Made a transformational change to a struggling team and has kicked on since then, will enjoy seeing him again - the only right back I've seen who only rarely popped up at right back, so busy was he marauding elsewhere! his wife worked for my wife n they've just had their first baby
Tom McElroy may feature from the bench -ex AGS & Loughborough Uni, son of a surgeon.very young but very strong forward who has an eye for the goals and was a stand out player for Aylesbury.
Had a loan keeper from Arsenal but binned him after 3 days due to poor attitude. Lutrhra is completely different - young, but huge n v. competent.
Josh Jackman is your archetypal lower league defender and club captain. Been with them for years and a massive presence.
They've got  a couple of midfielders in Jackson n Lench who should possibly be playing higher, but are well paid n happy with their lot.Jackson in particular is a quality operator. Along with Scott it makes up a v. strong midfield.
George Alexander up front is on loan from our favourite hate club - Bromley. Also up front is nathan Minhas who's had a perpatetic career until 3 years ago. Seemed to then grasp the opportunity and scored 50+ goals in 2 seasons at a level below (step 3) for Beaconsfield

their ace in the pack is David Ogbonna, v.v. quick, skillful right winger . had played at step 4 for several years where he was the outstanding player for Hertford, but just seemed happy playing with his mates. He ripped Aylesbury, and a number of other Southern League clubs to shreds, last season. Somehow Scott managed to persuade him to go for it and he's prospered. there's some youtube videos of his extravagant pace n skills. He could easily rip Amos to shreds if he's on his game.really good player
I hope to be able to report more after our meal on Saturday night but mums the word till then!

Decent keeper, club legend in the back line, strong midfield, pacy winger and confident forwards...

We'll likely get slaughtered then.

Thanks for posting - I'll put my optimism back into its cupboard.  

Reply: 40 - 70
HerveJosse
November 3, 2023, 9:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from forza ivano
some background
it's a sell out on Sunday. This is possibly their biggest game for a generation having been nomads for years.
They are one of the smallest clubs in conference south, average crowds under 1000 and a part time club in a sea of professional teams,
Scott Davies the player manager is still a very good player and very intelligent young coach (ex Aylesbury Grammar School). Some of you may remember him from when he scored a penalty against us at Aldershot and milked it to the full.Was destined for big things before his weaknesses took hold. takes a sublime free kick. Tells me the has no injuries and has a plan! very good battling side - a team whose sum is greater than their parts.
Aylesbury United have a big interest in Sunday's game. Scott is Aylesbury born and bred and he has a local legend,Jefferson Louis, as fitness coach. Jefferson is as fit as a flea and has had as many clubs as he has had birthdays!
Jeanmal Prosper may feature - was playing step 5 about 6 seasons ago until Ben Williams at AUFC spotted him. Made a transformational change to a struggling team and has kicked on since then, will enjoy seeing him again - the only right back I've seen who only rarely popped up at right back, so busy was he marauding elsewhere! his wife worked for my wife n they've just had their first baby
Tom McElroy may feature from the bench -ex AGS & Loughborough Uni, son of a surgeon.very young but very strong forward who has an eye for the goals and was a stand out player for Aylesbury.
Had a loan keeper from Arsenal but binned him after 3 days due to poor attitude. Lutrhra is completely different - young, but huge n v. competent.
Josh Jackman is your archetypal lower league defender and club captain. Been with them for years and a massive presence.
They've got  a couple of midfielders in Jackson n Lench who should possibly be playing higher, but are well paid n happy with their lot.Jackson in particular is a quality operator. Along with Scott it makes up a v. strong midfield.
George Alexander up front is on loan from our favourite hate club - Bromley. Also up front is nathan Minhas who's had a perpatetic career until 3 years ago. Seemed to then grasp the opportunity and scored 50+ goals in 2 seasons at a level below (step 3) for Beaconsfield

their ace in the pack is David Ogbonna, v.v. quick, skillful right winger . had played at step 4 for several years where he was the outstanding player for Hertford, but just seemed happy playing with his mates. He ripped Aylesbury, and a number of other Southern League clubs to shreds, last season. Somehow Scott managed to persuade him to go for it and he's prospered. there's some youtube videos of his extravagant pace n skills. He could easily rip Amos to shreds if he's on his game.really good player
I hope to be able to report more after our meal on Saturday night but mums the word till then!

Sounds like one of Paul Hursts pre match interviews. I am suprised we are bothering to turn up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
Hagrid
November 3, 2023, 9:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Is it wrong that I'd probably take a draw and a replay at this point?

I'm going as I've said and I expect the players to perform a hell of a lot better than they've shown for the last 2 months, I think they've been very fortunate to escape with so little criticism their way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
golfer
November 3, 2023, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Not a bad ground. Parking is in the cow field down the road which has been used as a slurry storage the last 2 years so be careful. I recommend using the sheep dip before getting back into your car
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 3, 2023, 11:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from 137

Decent keeper, club legend in the back line, strong midfield, pacy winger and confident forwards...

We'll likely get slaughtered then.

Thanks for posting - I'll put my optimism back into its cupboard.  

If they are, as suggested, a mix between Man City, Barcelona a few years back and Real Madrid in the latter stages of the Champions League why are they in the bottom 4 of the NLS and not won in 5 games?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
Wainmans Gloves
November 3, 2023, 11:44am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +31
its simple for me, i fully expect Town to win by a couple and play a side giving Hunt Glennon, and probably Pike a game.
I am also certain Shaun and Ben have us ready and positive to gain a result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
November 3, 2023, 12:03pm
Guest User
If they are, as suggested, a mix between Man City, Barcelona a few years back and Real Madrid in the latter stages of the Champions League why are they in the bottom 4 of the NLS and not won in 5 games?

Baffling, isn't it?

I can't figure it out myself, so I must refer you to AI...or perhaps FI

(FI = forza ivano)
Reply: 46 - 70
Lord Gadiform
November 3, 2023, 1:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +114
Gold Stars: 5
It’s always disappointing when someone repeats generic, superficial stuff that any Tom, male private, or Harry could come up with. What happened to inside sources? Try harder Forza.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
Grantham_Mariner
November 3, 2023, 2:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,197
Gold Stars: 51
Asking for a friend......

He says that he has a VPN (Whatever that is) and wants to know how he can watch the game on Sunday?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
Mariner56
November 4, 2023, 8:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
I have the same friend and the same question?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Slough on Sunday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.