October 17, 2023, 6:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Bizarre post.

You are saying it’s nothing to do with Hurst and it’s all his coaches that are the problem, but all his staff are performing the tasks that Hurst has assigned to them. So if you are saying there’s a problem you have inadvertently pointed the finger of blame at Hurst.

So basically our current situation is everybody on the football side’s fault apart from the Manager?

Look....he doesn't believe anything really. He just wants to get lots of reaction and that is exactly what is happening (including this post!). Everyone involved with the club is keeping quiet at the moment and rightly so. Let him (and his team and the players) get on with their respective jobs. Let the Board make decisions as and when they see fit. Ignore the attention seekers on here and lets see what happens!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 17, 2023, 6:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
I want Paul to be successful (again) and I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but I see some serious issues that he has to sort out, and it feels like a lot:

1. We have gone from being difficult to beat to being too easy to beat
2. We have gone from 100% battlers to not putting up much of a fight (maybe 1+ 2 are the same)
3. Defensively we look shambolic at times, previously we have looked like a stone wall - and this is not just in defence, it is in midfield as well.
4. The formation doesn't appear to work, maybe because we never have the same team twice
5. Rose is isolated and nobody gets on to his flick ons, and he makes a lot
6. We lack penetration when we get the ball on the wings (I don't think it's a lack of pace, it's a lack of penetration)
7. A couple of our players look like shadows of last season - Clifton and Waterfall most noticably
8. Possibly this is the most important - you could see last season and the year in the NL that we were a proper team, the players were mates and would die for each other. I do not see that this year at all.

Maybe, just maybe, there is an internal issue with the coaching team. I did see at Swindon that 3 coaches were off the bench shouting at the same time and I did wonder if the message was getting lost - but I'm not convinced this is the biggest issue, unless it's the root cause of some of the issues above.

There may be other issues but I think these are the biggies and the ones Paul has to get to grips with.

UTM

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 17, 2023, 6:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
People are saying that players cannot make simple 10 yard passes, miss hitting the goal from inside the 6 yard box, so is this the level of player in division 4, so therefore are we trying to play to intricately (Man City style) for the players we have. I’ve said it before that although Wrexham seem to be a kick and run style have they realised that’s what gets you out of this division.

I've said it here before: sign the players to play your system or play a system for the players you've got (and that they can play).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,279
Gold Stars: 236

I've said it here before: sign the players to play your system or play a system for the players you've got (and that they can play).

That’s a bit too sensible.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
It Bites
October 17, 2023, 6:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It was staring us all in the face .
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 17, 2023, 6:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

In my heart of hearts I believe PH is sensible but I do find the formation thing a bit baffling. And I believe that he can see that, so not changing it makes it even more so.

With 10 minutes to go at Swindon I wanted to go down to the bench and say to him 'look, look at the difference! We look so much better'. But Wiltshire Constabulary got to me first and now there's a restraining order....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
ancientmariner54
October 17, 2023, 7:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -177
Gold Stars: 13

I too would love to know what goes on at the training ground. They literally look like strangers on the pitch. You could speculate there is too much emphasis on "giving100%" in training and not enough working on the formation and how to play it. To play with one up front and 13 games later still can't get anybody near him is really poor.

Just think about the 2 wide players on Saturday.  No service to them, no service from them and neither of them doing a wingers job or a supplementary strikers job, with a midfield who can barely pass 10 yards. It really is a very poor return after the extra backroom facilities that have been provided.

Don't know what game you were watching but we missed two absolute sitters , either of which would have influenced the game in our favour on both occasions.  You can't blame the manager for that , that rests with the players themselves.  We'll be fine with P.H. at the helm ,there's no one  better that we can afford..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,279
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ancientmariner54

Don't know what game you were watching but we missed two absolute sitters , either of which would have influenced the game in our favour on both occasions.  You can't blame the manager for that , that rests with the players themselves.  We'll be fine with P.H. at the helm ,there's no one  better that we can afford..

Can we blame the manager for the dull, unentertaining performances that have made home games a chore?
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
October 18, 2023, 12:00pm
Guest User
I wish someone would change the record, same old rubbish being spouted out every day.  Forget last Saturday, it's gone, get behind the lads FFS!  UTM.
Reply: 48 - 60
ska face
October 18, 2023, 12:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,768
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from ancientmariner54

We'll be fine with P.H. at the helm ,there's no one  better that we can afford..

Not that anyone has any real idea how much Hurst/Doig/Davies are costing, but I find that hard to believe.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst In

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.