10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
August 5, 2023, 5:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,319
Gold Stars: 137
Think Wimbledon will cause teams problem with the physicality alone, we stood up very well to it and played some good stuff in spells, just lacked a cutting edge. Couple of really good stops from there keeper from the Eisa, Conteh and Rodgers strikes. Think Clifton looked a bit out of place and think at home he should probably be the one to be sacrificed for Pyke to play up with Rose. Eastwood had a couple shaky moments with his kicking but he was hitting the right areas with his kicking 99% of the time and good double stop for the penalty. Conteh and Rodgers look like they'll be fan favourites.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 90 - 94
toontown
August 5, 2023, 5:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Very even game, looked like probably being a 0-0 but if someone scored that'd almost certainly nick it, nobody did.

We look solid defensively but not sure about the forward line we never really seemed to have people close enough to rose which seems the same old story with 1 up front.

Still could have been a lot worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 94
LH
August 5, 2023, 5:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,584
Gold Stars: 175
We’re definitely better across the XI standard wise but it was a bit dreary wasn’t it? I’ll give then a few weeks to get sharper before moaning about it too much.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 94
LocalLadGTFC
August 5, 2023, 5:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,319
Gold Stars: 137
Echo the statement that I think we need another forward though, Pyke looks like he'll lead the line when he plays and Rose plays off him. Another injury leaves us very light
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 94
Son of Cod
August 5, 2023, 5:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Echo the statement that I think we need another forward though, Pyke looks like he'll lead the line when he plays and Rose plays off him. Another injury leaves us very light

Pretty sure I got shot down by you in pre-season for saying that Rose in a three alongside two wide players like Vernam and Eisa didn't sound like it would work that well and even though it's early days I didn't really see much evidence to dissuade me. Still think Rose will be better in a two.

Fairly solid start, decent tempo to the match but no real quality. Great for Eastwood's confidence to save a penalty. All the new signings did well I thought, particularly Conteh and Rodgers. Few moments when we looked a bit shaky at the back but overall defence was good.

I thought we looked well drilled for a side with a decent amount of debutants, the players were definitely working hard and up for it which you'd expect from a Hurst team but still a positive to take.

0-0 was probably a fair result overall, I'd say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.