9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
March 22, 2023, 4:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,711
Gold Stars: 156
Just a personal opinion, and it’s one I’ve held since we signed him - think we need better. To be fair to him he’s had limited chances, and he’s done well in the Cup games in respect of attitude and work rate ..and I know there’s been remarks such as ‘best finisher in training etc ‘ but I’ve not seen evidence to suggest he can be a ‘consistent’ scorer of goals. Nothing against the guy - he comes across as personable and likeable, respected by colleagues etc - just don’t him as anything other than a squad member, used sparingly. Think PH said he liked Sousa, and he’s done better than he thought he might - but he was still released end of season. Orsi falls in that bracket for me, but if he’s here for another season bench warming then good for him and wish him well.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 85
HertsGTFC
March 22, 2023, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,074
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from marinerjase
Just a personal opinion, and it’s one I’ve held since we signed him - think we need better. To be fair to him he’s had limited chances, and he’s done well in the Cup games in respect of attitude and work rate ..and I know there’s been remarks such as ‘best finisher in training etc ‘ but I’ve not seen evidence to suggest he can be a ‘consistent’ scorer of goals. Nothing against the guy - he comes across as personable and likeable, respected by colleagues etc - just don’t him as anything other than a squad member, used sparingly. Think PH said he liked Sousa, and he’s done better than he thought he might - but he was still released end of season. Orsi falls in that bracket for me, but if he’s here for another season bench warming then good for him and wish him well.

I do agree, clearly he's a really good lad and you can see from the stuff on social media, Mariners TV etc.. he's really bought into the club understands it and what we're trying to do, this alongside his work rate and attitude on the pitch he should be respected for, he'll need a pretty big second season though if he's to stay any longer.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 85
diehardmariner
March 22, 2023, 4:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from marinerjase

Completely agree Jase.  Just think it's a shame the lad has had so limited opportunity to impress.  

End of the day, Hurst sees him day-in-day-out in training, we don't.  I'm pretty sure if he was standing heads and shoulders above everyone in training, it's not likely Hurst isn't going to use him when we've looked pretty meek up top.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 85
arryarryarry
March 22, 2023, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Mappers
Lloyd ,Taylor ,Orsi and then 2 other quality players up top would be a decent set .

I would be surprised if any of those three are here next season.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 85
TheFryingSquad
March 22, 2023, 6:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would be surprised if any of those three are here next season.

I have to agree with this (notwithstanding Orsi’s contract).  We have to look forwards not backwards, Lloyd is a keeper but not our player, Taylor I admire but his days are numbered at this level and Orsi simply hasn’t shown enough consistently.

We’re not going to be shopping in Fortnum and Mason, lets be honest, but an extra million or so moves us up from Poundland to Lidl.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 85
marinerjase
March 22, 2023, 6:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,711
Gold Stars: 156
Quoted from marinerjase
Not saying it’s likely..but you could have the three playing together. Taylor up top for the physicality, Lloyd the harrying and McAtee in the pocket behind. Of course that’s mean you lose in other areas of pitch so as said highly unlikely.

Didn’t think it’d be tonight 👀

Good to see, though leaves Holohan with a lot to do?

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.