Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 28 Guests

Alex Scott

This thread currently has 9,298 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
March 20, 2023, 10:17am
Guest User
Quoted from livvo

Say you're a xenophobic Gammon without actually saying it.

So you don't know me, if you did, you would know that what you just posted is rubbish.  Don't you, and all the others posting here find it strange that I get called all sorts of names because my OP said nothing more than the fact I was pleased Lineker wasn't taking part in MotD on Sunday?  Also, not one of them had anything to say about the £1.6M he got for work he did in Qatar.  

Reply: 50 - 87
March 20, 2023, 10:27am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Mate stop leaving yourself so open, you don’t always have to respond, sometimes you are a bit of a tap in for click bait, surely you can’t enjoy being on here at times like this.

I appreciate what you are saying, but when people decide to gang up on me just because I said I was pleased Lineker wasn't doing the Motd  Sunday, a harmless comment, then I will respond.  Then of course the usual idiots pile on to make something bigger out of it than what it really is.  

Reply: 51 - 87
Perkins
March 20, 2023, 10:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
After quickly flying past the pathetic comments by two individuals on this thread.......

.... I thought Alex Scott was really good today, and Danny Murphy too,

......... but who was the other one who couldn't even remember the teams we had already beaten. He let the team down really

He was Glen Murray, former Brighton player

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 87
chaos33
March 20, 2023, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,005
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from 123614

I appreciate what you are saying, but when people decide to gang up on me just because I said I was pleased Lineker wasn't doing the Motd  Sunday, a harmless comment, then I will respond.  Then of course the usual idiots pile on to make something bigger out of it than what it really is.  

Don't you feel a bit silly?
You didn’t do that - you called him an ‘ar$ehole’’; then you said his opinion was ‘unwarranted’ (you’re entitled to yours, but he’s not entitled to his) and then you showed you don’t understand the issues by referring to ‘illegal immigrants’.

As a point of fact….it is NOT illegal for anyone to arrive anywhere by any means. Once they’ve arrived, it is only then possible to assess their status, legal or otherwise after they have been ‘processed’. Not really a word I like when it comes to humans. So, rather than playing the victim, denouncing other people’s right to an opinion whilst digging yourself a hole with your ill informed view, you’d be better off opening your mind and indulging in some research and introspection.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 87
ginnywings
March 20, 2023, 10:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Or having a Horlicks and chilling out a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 87
chaos33
March 20, 2023, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,005
Gold Stars: 362
Yes, or both.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 87
Heisenberg
March 20, 2023, 11:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’ve not seen the footage yet, but I think she’s useless. Gabby Logan is excellent, though, so it’s not a sexism thing, in general I like the female presenters, just not her very much.

But those female commentators on the BBC highlights, they are unwatchable, with their high pitched screeching.

I’m responding to my own post here, which might be a sign of insanity maybe, but having now watched a good chunk of the game I will admit she’s grown on me a little. I thought she did quite well, she’s obviously improving.

And yes, Danny Murphy is good, but I’ve heard him for years on Talksport and he’s always decent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 87
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 20, 2023, 12:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from 123614

So you don't know me, if you did, you would know that what you just posted is rubbish.  Don't you, and all the others posting here find it strange that I get called all sorts of names because my OP said nothing more than the fact I was pleased Lineker wasn't taking part in MotD on Sunday?  Also, not one of them had anything to say about the £1.6M he got for work he did in Qatar.  

You bring the majority of it on yourself.

You state an opinion, then often say it’s a fact. If people disagree or offer an alternative view, you then become aggressive. Despite your username, not everything is black and white.

Lineker:

Al Jazeera:

Yes, it’s being reported (source: Mail / Express) that Lineker was paid c.£1.6m for working in London for Al Jazeera who are financed by the Qatari state. This related to the Champions League coverage (2009-2013).

Now, Qatar weren’t awarded the WC until Dec 2010. The Guardian, never slow to sniff out the left wing angle / common decency (delete as applicable), spent the following few years concentrating on the Russia WC, the summer heat in Qatar and the corruption associated with both the 2018 and 2022 bidding process.

It wasn’t until 2016 that Amnesty International, The Guardian etc were exposing human rights abuse. There was some discussion in the UK in 2010-2013 on whether LBGT fans would be able to travel (I would say they should refrain from any sexual activities: Blatter 2010) but the focus when Lineker was working for Al Jazeera was on the summer heat and the scheduling.

Could Lineker have done more homework? Possibly. But it’s certainly not as bad as Beckham, Gary Neville etc continuing to join in the sports washing in 2022.

Should Lineker do a Trevelyan family and pay reparations to Nepalese and other migrant workers? Not for me Clive.

IR35:
Grey area with the outcome of the cases dependent on the interpretation of the legislation.
The BBC encouraged some celebrities to use personal service companies (e.g.Christa Ackroyd).
Is Lorraine Kelly more of a ‘theatrical artist’ than Gary Lineker?

Tax avoidance schemes:
This is the worst thing that Lineker has done (that we know of). Not an excuse but there were a lot of celebrities (Beckham (again), Barlow, Schofield, Ant & Dec…the list goes on) using the film and musician loss tax avoidance schemes in the 2000s.  Lineker knew exactly what he was doing. Although he has repaid the tax, with interest and penalties, I can understand why people think it’s hypocritical for Lineker to tweet some (but not all) of the stuff he does.

Conclusion:

The Al Jazeera stuff is a bit of a non-story.

Suggesting the UK Govt were using language similar to 1930s Germany - he had a point, on the language aspect, whatever our views on migration or the policy itself.

IR35 - interpretation of the law. Wider problem than just Gary Lineker

Film loss schemes (tax avoidance) - this is the worst bit by far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 87
HerveJosse
March 20, 2023, 1:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,210
Gold Stars: 145

You state an opinion, then often say it’s a fact. If people disagree or offer an alternative view, you then become aggressive. Despite your username, not everything is black and white.

Lineker:

Al Jazeera:

Yes, it’s being reported (source: Mail / Express) that Lineker was paid c.£1.6m for working in London for Al Jazeera who are financed by the Qatari state. This related to the Champions League coverage (2009-2013).

Now, Qatar weren’t awarded the WC until Dec 2010. The Guardian, never slow to sniff out the left wing angle / common decency (delete as applicable), spent the following few years concentrating on the Russia WC, the summer heat in Qatar and the corruption associated with both the 2018 and 2022 bidding process.

It wasn’t until 2016 that Amnesty International, The Guardian etc were exposing human rights abuse. There was some discussion in the UK in 2010-2013 on whether LBGT fans would be able to travel (I would say they should refrain from any sexual activities: Blatter 2010) but the focus when Lineker was working for Al Jazeera was on the summer heat and the scheduling.

Could Lineker have done more homework? Possibly. But it’s certainly not as bad as Beckham, Gary Neville etc continuing to join in the sports washing in 2022.

Should Lineker do a Trevelyan family and pay reparations to Nepalese and other migrant workers? Not for me Clive.

IR35:
Grey area with the outcome of the cases dependent on the interpretation of the legislation.
The BBC encouraged some celebrities to use personal service companies (e.g.Christa Ackroyd).
Is Lorraine Kelly more of a ‘theatrical artist’ than Gary Lineker?

Tax avoidance schemes:
This is the worst thing that Lineker has done (that we know of). Not an excuse but there were a lot of celebrities (Beckham (again), Barlow, Schofield, Ant & Dec…the list goes on) using the film and musician loss tax avoidance schemes in the 2000s.  Lineker knew exactly what he was doing. Although he has repaid the tax, with interest and penalties, I can understand why people think it’s hypocritical for Lineker to tweet some (but not all) of the stuff he does.

Conclusion:

The Al Jazeera stuff is a bit of a non-story.

Suggesting the UK Govt were using language similar to 1930s Germany - he had a point, on the language aspect, whatever our views on migration or the policy itself.

IR35 - interpretation of the law. Wider problem than just Gary Lineker

Film loss schemes (tax avoidance) - this is the worst bit by far.

Sorry but the IR35 issue wasn’t  a case of being pushed into it by the employer . The earnings were routed through a partnership with his ex wife even though the contracts were solely with him .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 87
March 20, 2023, 1:52pm
Guest User

Lineker:

Al Jazeera:

So fact then?  Dress it up however you like, it will still be fact.

Reply: 59 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Alex Scott

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.