12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikey_345
March 9, 2023, 9:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,608
Gold Stars: 113
Certainly not a Tory (Labour member) and absolutely detest their politics and all they stand for.

However for some to be outraged at a simple retweet and comment or the recent engagement from Jason and the club (regulator launch) is utterly bizarre. Anyone running our football club needs to proactively engage and work professionally with all local leaders; MP's, councillors, head teachers, Police etc etc. To not do so would just be bat sh*t crazy to be honest with you.

We will need community support for a whole rage of things; safeguarding, policing, fan safety, new ground, new training ground, planning permissions, public investment the list goes on.

She's crap, her party is crap, but we got a mention on TV in Parliament for a good reason, which is a good thing despite peoples thoughts on her, her abilities and the Conservatives more generally. She was elected to the position. Some of us need to be a little less partisan on absolutely everything, all the time.

(Don't know if I forgot to mention, she really is crap btw!!)

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 119
Maringer
March 9, 2023, 9:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Stockwood is obviously left-wing, but knows how to play the game. Say nice things about those with power/influence and the potential to help out your business(es), and you'll generally not go too far wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 119
lew chaterleys lover
March 9, 2023, 9:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,803
Gold Stars: 239
Jason Stockwood said on Twitter he would take a break from social media after getting "pelters" for daring to say thank you to the elected member of Parliament for Great Grimsby for highlighting the clubs success at PMQ's.

We all know Stockwood is not a Tory but he seems blessed with common courtesy, which seems beyond some of the Twitter mob, and sadly some on here.

All politicians of all parties, good ones, bad ones and indifferent ones will comment or get a photo opportunity when their local team hits the headlines. It would be ridiculous if they didn't.

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 119
golfer
March 9, 2023, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I have photos of George Best and Nici over my bed and have photos of Hagrid and Angela Rayner in the Bathroom  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 119
buckstown
March 9, 2023, 10:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
I gave up on politics about 5 years ago and feel calmer for it. They're all the same, pigs in the trough with little interest in their local communities.
My tory MP represented a constituency that voted massively remain, then spent three years running round Westminster leading the brexit lot. Nici is anonymous and everyone knows she'll be unemployed shortly after 22:00 on the day of the next election. She only got in because nobody wanted Jeremy Corbyn for goodness sake.
Have a day off boys and girls, celebrate the fact that we're in the FA Cup quarter final and finally our team is in the national spotlight. Every TV company in the land will be circling Blundell Park next week looking to fill 5 minutes, having not been near for 20 years. What should we do, chuck 'em out because they're hypocrites?
Jason may be looking for support for GTFC in other ways at some point. If you really think he should tell the local MP to clear off you're really naive. I believe its called "influencing skills", although some of us may know it by another term.
Stop watching the news, stop watching PMQ's and relax!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 119
Croxton
March 9, 2023, 10:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from buckstown
I gave up on politics about 5 years ago and feel calmer for it. They're all the same, pigs in the trough with little interest in their local communities.
My tory MP represented a constituency that voted massively remain, then spent three years running round Westminster leading the brexit lot. Nici is anonymous and everyone knows she'll be unemployed shortly after 22:00 on the day of the next election. She only got in because nobody wanted Jeremy Corbyn for goodness sake.
Have a day off boys and girls, celebrate the fact that we're in the FA Cup quarter final and finally our team is in the national spotlight. Every TV company in the land will be circling Blundell Park next week looking to fill 5 minutes, having not been near for 20 years. What should we do, chuck 'em out because they're hypocrites?
Jason may be looking for support for GTFC in other ways at some point. If you really think he should tell the local MP to clear off you're really naive. I believe its called "influencing skills", although some of us may know it by another term.
Stop watching the news, stop watching PMQ's and relax!!

How right, have a day off indeed. I rarely watch TV News channels. Can't stand the rudeness and self promotion of so called 'journalists' with obvious agendas and career plans. TV generally is a cess pit in a race to the bottom as it competes with baleful social media and addiction to binary formats.

Supporting your local team and associated forums should be a safe haven from worldly concerns and politics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 119
Theimperialcoroner
March 9, 2023, 10:52am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,293
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Hagrid

They dont deserve a second of fun you buffoon. The mess they have put the country in, the disgrace of an MP the idiots in this town elected, she doesnt give 2 felicitations about Grimsby Town, and never will, self serving  egotistical piece of excrement, no doubt you voted for her

100%

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 119
rancido
March 9, 2023, 11:25am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,665
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Hagrid

They dont deserve a second of fun you buffoon. The mess they have put the country in, the disgrace of an MP the idiots in this town elected, she doesnt give 2 felicitations about Grimsby Town, and never will, self serving  egotistical piece of excrement, no doubt you voted for her

Two points: -
1/ Why drag politics into football , especially nationwide politics?
2/ Why call somebody a ' buffoon' , just because they have a different political view to yours?
Just as a point of interest, you couldn't have got a more self serving , egotistical politician as the last Labour leader who was voted in to run the country. Made his name in politics, jumped ship and has since acquired a very large property portfolio and thinks he has the answers to all the world's problems.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 119
Hagrid
March 9, 2023, 11:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from rancido

Two points: -
1/ Why drag politics into football , especially nationwide politics?
2/ Why call somebody a ' buffoon' , just because they have a different political view to yours?
Just as a point of interest, you couldn't have got a more self serving , egotistical politician as the last Labour leader who was voted in to run the country. Made his name in politics, jumped ship and has since acquired a very large property portfolio and thinks he has the answers to all the world's problems.

This whole thread is about Politics into football, i didnt start it....

ah yes the last labour leader, 13 years ago, but of course, still all there fault
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 119
Caveman
March 9, 2023, 11:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +769
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from golfer
I have photos of George Best and Nici over my bed and have photos of Hagrid and Angela Rayner in the Bathroom  

And one of last Tuesday's referee at the bottom of your toilet I hope ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Talking of bandwagon jumpers

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.