MuddyWaters
April 22, 2022, 8:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Norseman
On the bench Saturday to come on if Mani misses as many chances as he did on Monday .Hopefully not .Can't see him starting though

Nothing against Mani but I hope he’s not starting tomorrow.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
diehardmariner
April 22, 2022, 10:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,872
Gold Stars: 551
As poor as his finishing was at Kings Lynn, I'd still go with Mani on Saturday.

Finishing aside he actually did ok.  Quite a few times he rolled his defender well to set something up.  With regards his missed chances, he was in the right place to start with and/or made a good run to get on the end of the chance.

He looks more capable of making something happening himself than Taylor, who I think needs a McAtee (or someone similar that buzzes around him) to be effective.  Mani can turn a man and is a bit more mobile to make runs into space.  

For his confidence as well I think it'll be a big shot in the arm if Hurst says 'ok, your finishing wasn't up to scratch on Monday but I've got faith in you. Have another go'.

Absolutely sod all chance of that happening though.  Taylor will be back in the side tomorrow with my money on either Fox or Scannell playing off him.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
Hagrid
April 22, 2022, 10:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,542
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from diehardmariner
As poor as his finishing was at Kings Lynn, I'd still go with Mani on Saturday.

Finishing aside he actually did ok.  Quite a few times he rolled his defender well to set something up.  With regards his missed chances, he was in the right place to start with and/or made a good run to get on the end of the chance.

He looks more capable of making something happening himself than Taylor, who I think needs a McAtee (or someone similar that buzzes around him) to be effective.  Mani can turn a man and is a bit more mobile to make runs into space.  

For his confidence as well I think it'll be a big shot in the arm if Hurst says 'ok, your finishing wasn't up to scratch on Monday but I've got faith in you. Have another go'.

Absolutely sod all chance of that happening though.  Taylor will be back in the side tomorrow with my money on either Fox or Scannell playing off him.

and that would be the right decision
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
Maringer
April 22, 2022, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,777
Gold Stars: 189
I like Taylor a lot, but we need to get the players up alongside him to make him most effective. If he's isolated, then there isn't really much he's going to be able to do on his own.

I much prefer Mani as an option off the bench as his height and extra mobility give tiring defenders a lot more to think about than Taylor's clever touches would. If the general quality of our passing through midfield was better, I think Taylor would be even more effective but we're still a bit clunky in possession too often.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
Rodley Mariner
April 22, 2022, 11:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,292
Gold Stars: 187
Could be quite an open game tomorrow. Their chances of the play offs are very thin as it is but absolutely no value in a point for them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
Poojah
April 22, 2022, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,117
Gold Stars: 1,549
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Could be quite an open game tomorrow. Their chances of the play offs are very thin as it is but absolutely no value in a point for them.

Not to forget they gave Notts County a 5-1 tonking only a couple of weeks ago. Of all our remaining fixtures, this looks by far the most obvious banana skin and I’d be quite relieved to get through this with another scruffy 1-0 win if necessary.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
marinerjase
April 22, 2022, 11:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,717
Gold Stars: 157
Big test tomorrow, Torquay aren’t out of it..win here and the game in hand and they’re only 3 points or so behind. They’ve been in a rich vein of form although Mondays result would have been a disappointment. Little and Lemonheigh-Evans weigh in with goals..as has been said above a point tomorrow and that’s them out of it really, they need three..so they’ll have a go on the break.

It may be a test for our home support in not getting on the backs of our players and being patient. Difficult game particularly with our talisman out..but a chance for others to do the job.

It could be any outcome tomorrow in all honesty..imperative we get something rather than nothing if we can’t win - it’s the type of game we need a goal off Mani D’s backside or something.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
Jaws
April 22, 2022, 12:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Thought Mani was a slightly quicker LJL in all honesty. Can't shoot for excrement but can hold a ball up well.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
TownSNAFU5
April 22, 2022, 1:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,934
Gold Stars: 42
As I mentioned on another thread, Torquay have beaten Stockport, Wrexham and Notts County this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
RonMariner
April 22, 2022, 1:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,954
Gold Stars: 233
I would definitely rest him tomorrow and we should easily have enough fire power to dispose of Barnet, so give him a decent recovery period. The vital thing is to have him fit for the play off games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McAtee injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.