10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
September 3, 2021, 11:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,608
Gold Stars: 78
I liked the way we controlled the game from the first whistle. We literally sucked the fight out of Hungary in the first half. They're no mugs and looked good in the euros but we dominated them from the off on their own patch. We won it in the first half and them upped the tempo in the second.

Rome wasn't built in a day but we are growing into a real team of winners with time on our side. A lot of the better sides are aging so we could end up dominating world football just like Spain and France have. It could be our era
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 94
Rick12
September 3, 2021, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mariner93er

Don’t think there’s any chance of Brazil winning it. South American teams have dropped off in quality the last few years and look a lot weaker than their European counterparts.

You have a point. From the days of Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos and the original Ronaldo they are not what they were. Having said that the Brazilians have a lot of pedigree to draw on though. 5 times winners of the world cup and most people's second favourite team to win it I imagine behind their host countries. I would never write them off though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 94
GtfcGarner
September 3, 2021, 11:20am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,798
Gold Stars: 26
It hurt to lose the Euros the way we did, just penalty kicks. I think a huge learning curve for alot of the players and it's progression year upon year for Southgate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 94
jamesgtfc
September 3, 2021, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,105
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Rick12

You have a point. From the days of Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos and the original Ronaldo they are not what they were. Having said that the Brazilians have a lot of pedigree to draw on though. 5 times winners of the world cup and most people's second favourite team to win it I imagine behind their host countries. I would never write them off though.

I'm not expecting a great deal at the World Cup. I know stadiums will be air conditioned but I don't think the climate will suit the European teams and I expect the South American teams to do well.

Brazil are nowhere near the level they were at when I was growing up though. Cafu, Carlos, Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 94
Rick12
September 3, 2021, 12:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm not expecting a great deal at the World Cup. I know stadiums will be air conditioned but I don't think the climate will suit the European teams and I expect the South American teams to do well.

Brazil are nowhere near the level they were at when I was growing up though. Cafu, Carlos, Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho.
I just adore the world cups James though and have done since a child. Regardless of where its held it will never loose that magic and romance for me and I would assume others as well. Biggest sporting spectacle on earth for so many.

As for Brazil some of the players they have produced down the years have been a joy to watch. From probably the best all round player in history in Pele to for me the greatest forward ever eg Ronaldo and to the pure genius of Ronaldinho with some of them tricks he use to do.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 94
The Yard Dog
September 3, 2021, 12:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,521
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Simon

Won enough there for a comic on your way home from school  

Off to buy a copy Viz and a sherbet fountain
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 94
Simon
September 3, 2021, 2:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Off to buy a copy Viz and a sherbet fountain

Oooo Sherbert Fountains i forgot about those, used to be a little sweet shop where Asda is now in Corporation road, Sunday night was treat night in our house and i would have a quarter of chewing nuts, some rainbow sherbert and a stick of liquorice  

Showing my age now  

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 94
mimma
September 3, 2021, 3:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,608
Gold Stars: 78
And Baty's fish and chips!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 94
promotion plaice
September 5, 2021, 5:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 201

May as well keep all the England games on one thread.

Not expecting anything but an easy win against Andorra even with all the changes.

Already 1 up after 17 minutes.

England starting XI vs Andorra: Johnstone; Alexander-Arnold, James, Coady, Mings, Trippier; Henderson, Bellingham; Saka, Bamford, Lingard

England substitutes: Pope, Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Rice, Phillips, Sterling, Mount, Kane, Grealish

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 94
DB
September 5, 2021, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.36
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Winning at half time, as expected, but our 2nd eleven should be capable of more. Some of the fouls are not only deliberate but could cause injury. The ref just gives a yellow, particularly for the fouls on Lingard.

Hope there more goals in the 2nd half, perhaps bring Kane on for some target practice.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England v Hungary/Andorra/Poland

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.