SomeSanity
December 22, 2020, 12:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
It's very flimsy isn't it. How is the current ownership 'in the interests of the club'? As the chair of the trust he should be much more proactive at this point in time.  Shouldn't they be asking the membership what they want them to do.

Personally I think they should be issuing a statement of no confidence in the current board.

In which they are part of? I think the fact they facilitated the current talks speaks volumes of what the trust stance is. If they wish to poll the  membership I'm sure it would be well received.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 65
Boris Johnson
December 22, 2020, 12:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from SomeSanity

In which they are part of? I think the fact they facilitated the current talks speaks volumes of what the trust stance is. If they wish to poll the  membership I'm sure it would be well received.

I think they should have done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 65
friskneymariner
December 22, 2020, 2:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Whilst I have no doubt the Trust have some very well intentioned people,they are being perceived as puppets of the board and their agenda is to preserve the status quo.
The Trust need to examine it's governance and how it mandates it's 2 board members. Otherwise it becomes a self interest group  dominated by the views of a vociferous minority

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
NorthLondonMariner
December 22, 2020, 2:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from davmariner
Think this deserves a thread of its own so people don’t miss this.

Questionable at best and a worry that the Chair of the supposed supporters trust is coming out with nonsense like this. I would argue that the ‘benign’ loans have actually had the opposite effect and have held the club back and also and the prospect of future investment.

I would like the Trust to come out and distance itself from these comments and to consider if Alan Rutter is the right person to lead the trust at this moment.

Chair of the Mariners Trust:

'There is no doubt that John Fenty has put a lot of money into the club. Without his support over the years we would have been in a lot of bother,' points out Alan Rutter, chair of the Trust.

Link below:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sp.....buy-shares-club.html

Before everyone red crosses me for what I am about to say, I want Fenty gone, I'd even go as far as to say I want him gone & banned from BP for life. But I think its unfair to give Alan Rutter excrement for this article.

1. Because Fenty has put a lot of money into the club over the years and without it, we could have been in a lot of bother. Remember when he took over? we owed the taxman a substantial amount of money, I believe we also had something like £500k bank overdraft to.  This does not excuse his complete mismanagement, incompetence, and in recent weeks what looks like could be really dodgy goings-on. But it is a fact.

2. This is the Daily Mail we are talking about. They print excrement on a daily basis and kiss the tories arses 365 days a year. They don't exactly print the truth do they? They haven't mentioned fenty resigning from his role at the council (again coz they bum the tories)   Mr Rutter might have given a 10-page statement that painted a much different picture, and they chose just to print that one comment. It could be completely out of context. I would trust the words of Vladimir Putin more than the tripe printed in the Daily Mail.

FENTY OUT!
UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 65
KingstonMariner
December 22, 2020, 3:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.01
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01
To be fair, whilst I agree, if folk want to actively influence change then they could join the trust, vote, stand and so forth...however, people are still not sure on the trust, the way they allowed their arm to be twisted and so on. I’d imagine that’s why so many still take their opportunity to have a dig at them.

Whatever people’s opinions of Rutter, this article was in the Daily Racist...I’d take it with a pinch of salt. In this instance I’d imagine what he has said has been paraphrased or edited in some way. My experience of Rutter, whilst he may not be as militant as others, he doesn’t strike me as a Fenty puppet...

But they would be less likely to have their arms twisted if more people who want change joined and made their voices heard! The Trust is only as good as the members. This really gets my goat. The Trust is set up for the fans, with a proper governance structure. There is nothing wrong with the governance structure. It is as recommended by Supporters Direct. It does what its members tell it to. Sadly the members have not told it to act stronger.

There was a big majority in favour of giving Fenty those shares when it was put to the vote. I 'king hated that decision, and I think subsequent events proved me right. But I was in the minority. If only more people who don't like the way things are done got involved, we'd be better off now IMO. So if you missed the boat then, get on the 'king thing now.

And really it needs more home based supporters not exiles. People who can get to meetings in GY, and are willing to do the work. Maybe we wouldn't have apologists for Fenty on the Trust board if people did.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
MuddyWaters
December 22, 2020, 4:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

But they would be less likely to have their arms twisted if more people who want change joined and made their voices heard! The Trust is only as good as the members. This really gets my goat. The Trust is set up for the fans, with a proper governance structure. There is nothing wrong with the governance structure. It is as recommended by Supporters Direct. It does what its members tell it to. Sadly the members have not told it to act stronger.

There was a big majority in favour of giving Fenty those shares when it was put to the vote. I 'king hated that decision, and I think subsequent events proved me right. But I was in the minority. If only more people who don't like the way things are done got involved, we'd be better off now IMO. So if you missed the boat then, get on the 'king thing now.

And really it needs more home based supporters not exiles. People who can get to meetings in GY, and are willing to do the work. Maybe we wouldn't have apologists for Fenty on the Trust board if people did.

Think that many of us who voted not to give the shares to JF became very disillusioned with the Trust at that point. Any say that it may potentially have had sort of evaporated at that point - the seats on the board, whether it be one or two, became pretty meaningless. Like many, I'm happy to do something if there's a purpose to it but would never get involved if the Trust is just an extension of the club board.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 65
rancido
December 22, 2020, 4:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,684
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

Before everyone red crosses me for what I am about to say, I want Fenty gone, I'd even go as far as to say I want him gone & banned from BP for life. But I think its unfair to give Alan Rutter excrement for this article.

1. Because Fenty has put a lot of money into the club over the years and without it, we could have been in a lot of bother. Remember when he took over? we owed the taxman a substantial amount of money, I believe we also had something like £500k bank overdraft to.  This does not excuse his complete mismanagement, incompetence, and in recent weeks what looks like could be really dodgy goings-on. But it is a fact.

2. This is the Daily Mail we are talking about. They print excrement on a daily basis and kiss the tories arses 365 days a year. They don't exactly print the truth do they? They haven't mentioned fenty resigning from his role at the council (again coz they bum the tories)   Mr Rutter might have given a 10-page statement that painted a much different picture, and they chose just to print that one comment. It could be completely out of context. I would trust the words of Vladimir Putin more than the tripe printed in the Daily Mail.

FENTY OUT!
UTM!

I read the Daily Mail, not for it's political views but more for the other content especially health, sport etc. It certainly is a Conservative supporting paper but is often critical of the Conservative Government, its leader, policies and politicians. The few occasions that I have recently read the Labour supporting Daily Mirror I have yet to see any criticism of Labour policies, leaders or politicians.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
NorthLondonMariner
December 22, 2020, 5:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I read the Daily Mail, not for it's political views but more for the other content especially health, sport etc. It certainly is a Conservative supporting paper but is often critical of the Conservative Government, its leader, policies and politicians. The few occasions that I have recently read the Labour supporting Daily Mirror I have yet to see any criticism of Labour policies, leaders or politicians.

Dont get me wrong. The likes of the mirror & the sun are the worst of the worst. What I was trying to point out is it's highly unlikely the mail have approached Alan Rutter for comment on this story and all he has said to them is "'There is no doubt that John Fenty has put a lot of money into the club. Without his support over the years we would have been in a lot of bother,'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
GrimRob
December 22, 2020, 5:32pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

Dont get me wrong. The likes of the mirror & the sun are the worst of the worst. What I was trying to point out is it's highly unlikely the mail have approached Alan Rutter for comment on this story and all he has said to them is "'There is no doubt that John Fenty has put a lot of money into the club. Without his support over the years we would have been in a lot of bother,'

That's all they have reported. It's probably been said in the midst of a whole conversation and been plucked out and printed. Journalists do that all the time.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 65
NorthLondonMariner
December 22, 2020, 5:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

That's all they have reported. It's probably been said in the midst of a whole conversation and been plucked out and printed. Journalists do that all the time.

Yep. Gutter journalism. Exactly my point as to why he shouldn't be getting hammered for this article.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan Rutter - Mariners Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.