This thread currently has 1,865 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
November 6, 2020, 3:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,099
Gold Stars: 201

Mansfield appoint Nigel Clough as their new manager.

Bet he didn't come cheap, it'll be interesting to see how this one goes given the way Radford keeps throwing money at getting promotion without success.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grantham_Mariner
November 6, 2020, 3:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,249
Gold Stars: 56
How can they afford him with the salary cap in place this season?  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
fishboyUTM
November 6, 2020, 3:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Great appointment by them to be fair. But I'd still rather have Ollie who surely is the highest profile manager, and the most successful in this division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Son of Cod
November 6, 2020, 3:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,358
Gold Stars: 198
Richie Wellens went to Salford yesterday too, great appointment and consolidates the inevitability of their promotion either this season or next. Wellens goes down in my estimation as a result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 6, 2020, 4:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,797
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Son of Cod
Richie Wellens went to Salford yesterday too, great appointment and consolidates the inevitability of their promotion either this season or next. Wellens goes down in my estimation as a result.

Whilst we probably despise the rise of Salford in all honesty it’s been a great achievement to rise through the leagues so quickly even with the enormous level of funds invested by famous five and their Asian buddy. I recall those early episodes of the documentary and it really was the equivalent of going down to Lincoln United so whatever my views they spent their money wisely and as we quickly learned getting out on non- league football is not easy whatever your budget. What annoys me is that the Neville’s in particular sat and watched Bury’s demise despite the fact their Mum worked for them for many years.

As for Wellens he briefly played for them, came through the Man Utd  youth system so is most probably returning to his roots and working for people he will have known for many years. I hope Salford struggle but inevitably with the money behind them they will be moving up rather than down in the coming seasons.

As for Mansfield a good appointment and maybe a job for my mate Gary Crosby who seems to accompany Cloughie everywhere he goes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
GollyGTFC
November 6, 2020, 5:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,950
Gold Stars: 373
Quoted from Son of Cod

Why? Look at the League One table and Swindon's record of having patience with managers. He was probably a couple of weeks away from the sack at Swindon despite what he did last season. And going to Salford allows him to move back up north. Everyone's a winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 9
pontoonlew
November 6, 2020, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,126
Gold Stars: 182
Mansfield have lobbed money at it for years and got absolutely nowhere as a result, long may it continue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
It Bites
November 6, 2020, 6:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 271
Fantastic appointment . Good luck to them
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
HertsGTFC
November 6, 2020, 7:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,142
Gold Stars: 241
Good appointment!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 7:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
He is a good manager but not a miracle worker. He builds teams and it could be a good appointment but I wonder if the owner has enough patience to give him the time  after Mansfield’s recent failures.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stags appoint Nigel Clough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.