This thread currently has 2,273 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Henryscat
August 21, 2020, 12:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
I’m not sure how legal the idea is but I can imagine the absolute ballache and admin nightmare of refunding it all.

Not sure on the clubs business account dealings with the bank but each transaction may incur a charge which would negate any interest (particularly with base rate as it is at the moment)

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
diehardmariner
August 21, 2020, 1:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
One thing that the EFL are surely going to have to change is the broadcasting rights for people within this country.

In the climate we're facing, I completely agree that this is necessary.  Income is going to be decimated still for the foreseeable future, all potential income avenues need to be explored.  I don't envy whoever has to come up with a system that's fair and in the best interests of everyone.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
BobbyCummingsTackle
August 21, 2020, 2:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,348
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m sure this is almost money laundering?

I mean nice idea but I’m pretty sure it would 100% be illegal...

Absolutely not money laundering - laundering is putting cash gained by illegal activity (usually selling drugs, but not exclusively) back into the banking system so making it legitimate. The suggestion here is open and involves the banking system being used with all party's agreement.

I don't see how the suggestion would be in any way illegal. If it's fully explained and people enter into the agreement with the club after being given the full facts it sounds legal.

The only issue of legality already exists, Town are pushing the outer limits of the Trades Descriptions Act by suggesting that football at Blundell Park is in some way entertainment.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
buckstown
August 21, 2020, 4:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,243
Gold Stars: 80
Played golf with a Wycombe fan this morning. They offered him a refund when it became clear fans wouldn't be allowed in but he declined.
The automatic renewal apparently happened even before they knew they were in the play offs and prices went up 49%. Said if he'd known that he'd have taken the refund!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
moosey_club
August 21, 2020, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I don't see how this concept is illegal? There are T&C's within the season ticket that gets the club out of paying a refund. I believe Scunthorpe tried to hide behind that.

Maybe the way Luke worded it makes it appear dodgier but he is essentially saying that income shouldn't be spent and should be put to one side as cash in the bank for a rainier day.

I think it's a good idea. The club sells tickets and offers fans a refund or credit on any they can't get to. There was a post last night about Lincoln planning to ballot seats with those unsuccessful getting a free match pass for iFollow and a credit to be used against a season ticket next season. Same concept except the customer doesn't physically get the money back in their hand.

So if the club arent going to spend it just what is the point in them having it in the first place ?

The club wont sell any on the point of principal that there is currently "nothing" to sell anyway and also as has been said it would be an administrative nightmare sending the cash back....not to mention the amount of tippex and rubbers the girls would need to remove all the names from the exercise book.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
louth_in_the_south
August 21, 2020, 6:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 96
Someone would have to be buying a lot of season tickets to make this a viable money laundering operation ?!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket idea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.