arryarryarry
December 19, 2019, 7:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Partly agree with you about those pesky pub teams.... they still had to be beaten though

I think he struggled at times against some of the "bigger" teams where his tactics never really convinced me that he wanted to win badly enough... far too conservative for my liking  

As for Shouty, who can say if he'd stayed whether or not we'd have been promoted quicker if he'd not gone than with just Hurst in charge.... might have happened but then again we might still be down there, trying without any success to get back in to the league with "no facking manny" ( or a competitive budget as our leader calls it!!     )

Trouble is we struggled against some of those so called pub teams as well.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Mallyner
December 19, 2019, 7:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We probably would also have been promoted earlier if we had had a decent referee against BrIstol Rovers.  

I agree and a ref who played to the rules of the game, not his own rules.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
sam gy
December 19, 2019, 7:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,514
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS how much longer is that going to go on for? (and who says we would have won anyway)

For as long as people still suggest we only got promoted because of a penalty against Braintree?

Seen as he got dogs abuse while actually managing us in the playoff semi finals, I’ve no doubt he’ll get a load of abuse on Saturday from the same nobheads who wanted him sacked ahead of the playoff final and cried when he cupped his ear.

Give me that team we had in our first season back in league two while he was here any day of the week. We’ve been crap ever since.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Ipswin
December 19, 2019, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from sam gy

Give me that team we had in our first season back in league two while he was here any day of the week. We’ve been crap ever since.

I'd rather have the team that got us back in L2

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Ashby mariner
December 19, 2019, 7:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Ipswin

I'd rather have the team that got us back in L2

Can't agree more!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
Abdul19
December 19, 2019, 8:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
But with Ben Tomlinson in for Bogle, obvs.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
Rik e B
December 19, 2019, 10:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Neutral reception for me, if we could turn back time and Fenty didn't break his promises on us becoming a more professional outfit and he'd have stayed content with our ambitions then I'd snap your hands off.

We certainly wouldn't have diced with relegation and been through all the rigmorale we've been through since. We'd be a well organised outfit keeping us shape building and evolving year on year.

I didn't like the ear cupping and letting Podge leave was a massive balls up, but just think, what was it 4 and a half thousand Town fan's at Notts County just before he left? We took thousands all over selling out often, compare that with the apathy now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
sydney
December 20, 2019, 7:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Positive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
HertsGTFC
December 20, 2019, 7:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,134
Gold Stars: 241
Quoted from Rik e B
Neutral reception for me, if we could turn back time and Fenty didn't break his promises on us becoming a more professional outfit and he'd have stayed content with our ambitions then I'd snap your hands off.

We certainly wouldn't have diced with relegation and been through all the rigmorale we've been through since. We'd be a well organised outfit keeping us shape building and evolving year on year.

I didn't like the ear cupping and letting Podge leave was a massive balls up, but just think, what was it 4 and a half thousand Town fan's at Notts County just before he left? We took thousands all over selling out often, compare that with the apathy now.

Agree pretty much I don’t think we’re in a place to give him any form of reception TBH, I’m planning to just look in the other direction when we go 3 - 0 down.

The fact this hasn’t been a sell out for weeks says everything TBH

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
Mallyner
December 20, 2019, 7:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mallyner

A ref who played to the rules of the game.  

I might have not worded that well, what I meant was the rule of the game is, if a keeper handles the ball out of the box, he should have been given a red card.

The Rovers keeper definitely stopped a goalscoring chance with his arm, which I be!ieve would have put us 2 up; but didn't the ref say he didn't want to spoil the game so early on? Which could have robbed us of promotion from the Conference a year earlier.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positive or Negative Reception For Hursty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.