Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, September 17, 2017, 8:56pm
That Huge club from down the A46 have sold out for the derby. Be nice to see a full away end for a change. Hope we can get a big attendance in The home ends
Posted by: ginnywings, September 17, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 1
About time they sold out. Hope they are giving maps to all the "new" fans.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 17, 2017, 9:47pm; Reply: 2
Do we know what their allocation was ?

Has the police issue been sorted so we can fully sell out the ground or are we still subject to the reduced gate ruling ?
Posted by: Kristine, September 17, 2017, 9:49pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
Do we know what their allocation was ?

Has the police issue been sorted so we can fully sell out the ground or are we still subject to the reduced gate ruling ?

Situation sorted, police will be in the ground for this game with no reduced capacity.

UTM
Posted by: moosey_club, September 17, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Kristine

Situation sorted, police will be in the ground for this game with no reduced capacity.

UTM

Cheers for the prompt reply. Nice one.
Posted by: LH, September 17, 2017, 9:52pm; Reply: 5
If we win next week there's a chance we might sell out our end - I can't see us doing it any other way really unless a load of exiles are going to come back home for it which is a shame.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 17, 2017, 10:15pm; Reply: 6
FFS, not another thread about them.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 17, 2017, 10:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
FFS, not another thread about them.

We are about to play them soon, so i don't see the problem with a thread on them selling out their allocation.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 17, 2017, 10:17pm; Reply: 8
They are taking 3500 to Notts County next week so no sign of the feel good factor disappearing just yet but hopefully two away defeats on the trot by end of September willl make my beer taste that much better and give my ears a well earned rest!!!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 17, 2017, 10:21pm; Reply: 9
OK, it's a fortnight away.  I'll let it go!
Posted by: ginnywings, September 17, 2017, 10:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
OK, it's a fortnight away.  I'll let it go!

That's the spirit. Will be good to see a full away end again.

Just hope we beat the feckers.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 17, 2017, 10:30pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

We are about to play them soon, so i don't see the problem with a thread on them selling out their allocation.

Whoooooosh    ;D
Posted by: lukeo, September 17, 2017, 10:33pm; Reply: 12
They've sold 2,500 for. Notts county and requested more so have 4,500 altogether if they can sell that many. .. They've been given 1,800 for our game v them and they go on sale from today to St holders.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 17, 2017, 10:38pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from lukeo
They've sold 2,500 for. Notts county and requested more so have 4,500 altogether if they can sell that many. .. They've been given 1,800 for our game v them and they go on sale from today to St holders.

According to bbc lincs yesterday they had sold 3500, may be over zealous reporting and not that bothered about checking as will be told no doubt on my next visit to the local boozer.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

According to bbc lincs yesterday they had sold 3500, may be over zealous reporting and not that bothered about checking as will be told no doubt on my next visit to the local boozer.

But that's journalism these days sadly.
Posted by: chelseacity, September 17, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 15
I have no problem with Lincoln City, i am pleased we are both meeting back in the football league were we both belong. I have been to Lincoln many times, lets be honest it is a nice place to visit, a bit like York, and its only 32 miles away from here, i bet most of you have been to the City a few times. They are our local rivals along with Scunny & Hull. I hope the day passes off without the idiots from both clubs wrecking the day, we will make some money from them selling out, & the fish & chip shops & bars in Cleethorpes should do a roaring trade. Anything like this is so much better than playing at home to an almost empty away end, so i for one welcome the 2,000 Lincoln fans which should create a great atmosphere.
Posted by: MarinerRob, September 18, 2017, 1:23am; Reply: 16
Why are they called the Gimps.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 18, 2017, 2:03am; Reply: 17
Same reason Scunthorpe are called the Scunts.
Posted by: grimps, September 18, 2017, 3:35am; Reply: 18
Fair play to them , One good season with a title and cup runs has got their city interested.
We'd have a lot better gates after a season like that  ;)
Posted by: MarinerRob, September 18, 2017, 4:40am; Reply: 19
I can understand the Scunts but not Gimps. I know their nickname is the Imps. Why G before Imps.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 18, 2017, 4:43am; Reply: 20
Lincolnshire pride at stake big crowd plenty of noise bring it on.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 18, 2017, 5:19am; Reply: 21
same reason they call us codheads
Posted by: wigworld, September 18, 2017, 6:29am; Reply: 22
Quoted from MarinerRob
I can understand the Scunts but not Gimps. I know their nickname is the Imps. Why G before Imps.

[url]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gimp[/url]

Posted by: moss_side_mariner, September 18, 2017, 7:39am; Reply: 23
Quoted from MarinerRob

Aaaah! Bless.😀
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 18, 2017, 8:35am; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimps
Fair play to them , One good season with a title and cup runs has got their city interested.
We'd have a lot better gates after a season like that  ;)

Sadly not Grimps our ground is smaller than SB for a start mate.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 18, 2017, 8:36am; Reply: 25
60 Yeovil or 2k Imps hmmmmmm great to see a full away end and I don`t doubt a few will chance the home ends which will test our stewarding and Police.
Posted by: Tommy, September 18, 2017, 9:56am; Reply: 26
.....awaits post from towncryer with a big explanation about Lincoln's ticket sales that we didnt ask for......
Posted by: moosey_club, September 18, 2017, 10:14am; Reply: 27
Quoted from chelseacity
I have no problem with Lincoln City, i am pleased we are both meeting back in the football league were we both belong. I have been to Lincoln many times, lets be honest it is a nice place to visit, a bit like York, and its only 32 miles away from here, i bet most of you have been to the City a few times. They are our local rivals along with Scunny & Hull. I hope the day passes off without the idiots from both clubs wrecking the day, we will make some money from them selling out, & the fish & chip shops & bars in Cleethorpes should do a roaring trade. Anything like this is so much better than playing at home to an almost empty away end, so i for one welcome the 2,000 Lincoln fans which should create a great atmosphere.

Imagine the police will be asking for closed doors on this one in Cleethorpes until after kick off....only trouble with that is as its Lincoln they are well familiar with the Town and could quite easily populate the non central and estate pubs and local boozers instead to beat the policing just as they did a few years ago with the Honest Lawyer.
Posted by: mariner83, September 18, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 28
Full BP, hope we don't bottle it like in previous years.
Posted by: towncryer, September 18, 2017, 10:40am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Tommy
.....awaits post from towncryer with a big explanation about Lincoln's ticket sales that we didnt ask for......

Not mate let's just wait for the game. Looking forward to it.
Should be a cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Posted by: jock dock tower, September 18, 2017, 10:50am; Reply: 30
Quoted from wigworld

[url]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gimp[/url]

They're all sex slaves then?
Posted by: Grim74, September 18, 2017, 11:42am; Reply: 31
Quoted from chelseacity
I have been to Lincoln many times, lets be honest it is a nice place to visit, a bit like York.

Disagree think it's very overrated and not a patch on York, on par with Scunthorpe for the shopping.
Posted by: towncryer, September 18, 2017, 12:23pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Grim74

Disagree think it's very overrated and not a patch on York, on par with Scunthorpe for the shopping.

Are you being serious ???
I'll give you your point regarding York, I also think York has more to offer than Lincoln but if you think Lincoln is on a par with Scunny you obviously don't get out much !!!

Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 18, 2017, 12:49pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from MarinerRob

You obviously don't frequent the right sort of, err... establishments. (winkiss)
Posted by: Cloudy, September 18, 2017, 12:49pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from towncryer

I'll give you your point regarding York, I also think York has more to offer than Lincoln but if you think Lincoln is on a par with Scunny you obviously don't get out much !!!

Gainsborough then!
Posted by: RoboCod, September 18, 2017, 1:05pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from towncryer

Dunno about Scunny but Lincoln is no great shakes. For a tourist town it's poor, Waterside's garbage, same old same old everywhere except it's all fragmented and, like the quaint Steep Hill, actually impractical for a shopping trip. That's after avoiding the drunks and the newly discovered Spice zombies littering the High St.
My missus, Lincoln born has always preferred Gy for a straghtforward shopping trip.
Lincoln folks really need to get their head from out their ar$es, it's a decent day out for tourists wanting a bit of history, photos and a teatowel. York's nicer but anyone who's visited almost any historical European towns abroad will struggle to find anywhere comparable imo.
Posted by: LH, September 18, 2017, 1:07pm; Reply: 36
Is just about shading the best shopping destination in Lincolnshire category anything to be proud of?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 18, 2017, 1:24pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from towncryer

I've had three lasses from Lincoln move over to mine at Scunt, when we've split and they moved out not a single one went back to Lincoln.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 18, 2017, 1:45pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I've had three lasses from Lincoln move over to mine at Scunt, when we've split and they moved out not a single one went back to Lincoln.

possibly they are still holding onto the fact they may get back with you...rather than staying for the town itself.  ;)
Posted by: Cloudy, September 18, 2017, 2:11pm; Reply: 39

Yes, but difficult when they are under the patio! ;D
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 18, 2017, 2:24pm; Reply: 40

I guess they want to keep the same milkman 😉
Posted by: Helgy, September 18, 2017, 2:30pm; Reply: 41
Sold out in 10 minutes be a bit strange seeing a full away end,  when we used to take 550 to yours sometimes.
Now its all changed and looking like we will sell our allocation against County.
Should be a good atmosphere.

Posted by: topuphere666, September 18, 2017, 2:53pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Helgy
Sold out in 10 minutes be a bit strange seeing a full away end,  when we used to take 550 to yours sometimes.
Now its all changed and looking like we will sell our allocation against County.

Bout time you brought a crowd.. my only gripe is some little gremlin will think it's hardcore to set off some flares.
Plays havoc with my breathing.
Posted by: Mariner_501, September 18, 2017, 3:16pm; Reply: 43
York and Lincoln aren't even comparable. York very underrated
Posted by: moosey_club, September 18, 2017, 3:35pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Helgy

As long as that ?  :P   Tinpot

Not looking forward to it personally...have a feeling of dread that your end maybe bouncing come 2:45 whereas ours might be empty...

Red cards, penalties and plenty of goals for one team me thinks.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 18, 2017, 3:40pm; Reply: 45
My other half lived in Lincoln for about 18 months, so i visited regularly. Cathedral area apart, it's just a bog standard town. Just spent 5 days in York and the difference is night and day with York having far more to offer and i don't think i saw one drunken chav all the time i was there. You see loads in Lincoln around the High St.
Posted by: Grim74, September 18, 2017, 3:51pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from towncryer

Given a nice sunny day I'd rather do a shop in scunny than Lincoln, admittedly I've not done a proper shop there since my last school allowance but still on recent visit I couldn't help but think how better it was than Lincoln, took the mrs to Lincoln shopping last year and we came back with intercourse all.

As for the rest of the place shithole! lot of new buildings going up but it's all student flats which means more scruffy lefty student to dodge along with the spice zombies.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 18, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 47
wish i had a mrs to take shopping :(!!!
Posted by: towncryer, September 18, 2017, 4:42pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Grim74

Given a nice sunny day I'd rather do a shop in scunny than Lincoln, admittedly I've not done a proper shop there since my last school allowance but still on recent visit I couldn't help but think how better it was than Lincoln, took the mrs to Lincoln shopping last year and we came back with intercourse all.

As for the rest of the place shithole! lot of new buildings going up but it's all student flats which means more scruffy lefty student to dodge along with the spice zombies.

2 university's one of Europe's greatest and most visited cathedral's ,oh yeah and a castle. One of the fastest growing cities in the country and a lot of the city center currently undergoing massive reconstruction. Lincoln 10k road race, Grand prix cycling tour, biggest steam punk ralley weekend  in the world and the biggest Christmas market in the country.
Yeah we're struggling for tourism, really struggling.

Posted by: RoboCod, September 18, 2017, 5:03pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from towncryer

2 university's one of Europe's greatest and most visited cathedral's ,oh yeah and a castle. One of the fastest growing cities in the country and a lot of the city center currently undergoing massive reconstruction. Lincoln 10k road race, Grand prix cycling tour, biggest steam punk ralley weekend  in the world and the biggest Christmas market in the country.

That's the point. You ARE a Uni town, you HAVE the cradle of democracy linked to the Cathedral, people from round the WORLD travel to see this.  
That castle and Cathedral belongs to the people of Grimsby, Scunny and anywhere else you care to name as much as it belongs to YOU, you realise that? It's not YOURS in the sense that Sincil Bank is.
i don't suggest you are struggling in this area, but as a town it's bang average, with average shopping amenities for a tourist town that is blessed with all the above I mentioned.
You have drunks, criminals and druggies scattered everywhere, along with very poor estate areas; that you lot choose to pretend it's not there and simply point at the Cathedral says it all about most people there.

Posted by: LH, September 18, 2017, 5:21pm; Reply: 50
Can we assume that you didn't attend either of the two "university's" then, towncryer?
Posted by: Grim74, September 18, 2017, 5:44pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from towncryer

Plenty of investment i'l give you that but you are lucky enough to have a forward thinking non labour council, but I stand by the fact Lincoln is massively overrated I've heard many people say what a disappointment the place is, and gimps like you don't help with your xmas market exaggerated bollox for example.
Nice church yes it's actually beautiful but your scraping the barrel with the steam punk rally and as for the traffic fuckin nightmare, it's to small a place for so many single driving students I would hate to live there, should of built the uni's in Grimsby.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, September 18, 2017, 5:50pm; Reply: 52
I'll be coming down for this game, looking forward to it.

UTM.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 18, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Hagrid

You can borrow mine if you want she loves shopping.
Posted by: barralad, September 18, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Grim74

Plenty of investment i'l give you that but you are lucky enough to have a forward thinking non labour council, but I stand by the fact Lincoln is massively overrated I've heard many people say what a disappointment the place is, and gimps like you don't help with your xmas market exaggerated bollox for example.
Nice church yes it's actually beautiful but your scraping the barrel with the steam punk rally and as for the traffic fuckin nightmare, it's to small a place for so many single driving students I would hate to live there, should of built the uni's in Grimsby.

The Labour council which has run Lincoln for years will be delighted to know they have your backing  :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 18, 2017, 6:46pm; Reply: 55
You never know, they might even get a decent forum soon.

That Lincoln Vitals one is awful. I have an ad blocker on my laptop but you still get bloody ads popping up on it.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, September 18, 2017, 7:11pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from towncryer
. Lincoln 10k road race,

is that something to brag about?  its massively overpriced, and grimsby, cleethorpes, barton, gainsborough, caistor, market rasen; there are 10km races all over the place which are comparable.it would be a shock if lincoln didn't have a 10km, and it would be nice if it didnt cost so much!

Posted by: jock dock tower, September 18, 2017, 7:16pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Cloudy

Yes, but difficult when they are under the patio! ;D

Phucking quality!

Posted by: Grim74, September 18, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from barralad

The Labour council which has run Lincoln for years will be delighted to know they have your backing  :)

Ok they only just got back in this year (downside to all those students) after Tory rule expect normal service to resume.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 18, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Hagrid

Careful what you wish for.  ;)
Posted by: Skrill, September 18, 2017, 7:42pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from towncryer

I'd agree about the Cathedral, however Grimsby helps the environment (icon_lol)

Grimsby 'generating more electricity from renewables than anywhere else in England'
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/grimsby-generating-more-electricity-from-renewables-than-anywhere-else-in-england-a6858291.html

Also we have a beach since Grimsby play at home in Cleethorpes (fishfish)
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 18, 2017, 8:05pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from jock dock tower

They're all sex slaves then?

You sound interested, so if you like what you hear, wait till you see their dance moves!!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3s4268p.gif[/img]
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 18, 2017, 8:07pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from MarinerRob

Your typical toothless bell ringing Lincoln fan, hope this clears it up for you.

Can often been heard to claim, 'Hey you guys we got a big church'

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Oy8sGtV.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Impish2, September 18, 2017, 8:28pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Les Brechin
You never know, they might even get a decent forum soon.

That Lincoln Vitals one is awful. I have an ad blocker on my laptop but you still get bloody ads popping up on it.

As I posted before, vitals isn't the only forum. It may be the oldest but there is another far busier one on Facebook with over 13k members. Not saying it's better than vitals, but it certainly doesn't have those annoying pop ups which I agree is a pain in the bottom sometimes. The Facebook one certainly does seem to have younger posters, not always a good thing though.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 18, 2017, 8:31pm; Reply: 64
[quote=140148]

Yeah we're struggling for tourism, really

And I bet you totalled them all up on the fingers of one hand 😄
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 18, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 65
Having worked in Lincoln for 13 years must say it is a very pleasant place to spend a lunch hour especially round the Brayford.Shopping not bad either.
Posted by: towncryer, September 18, 2017, 8:37pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Skrill

I'd agree about the Cathedral, however Grimsby helps the environment (icon_lol)

Grimsby 'generating more electricity from renewables than anywhere else in England'
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/grimsby-generating-more-electricity-from-renewables-than-anywhere-else-in-england-a6858291.html

Also we have a beach since Grimsby play at home in Cleethorpes (fishfish)

Good on Grimsby re: the renewables I didn't know that.
We will always stick up for our own towns/cities but we're all Lincs aren't we ??????????

Posted by: moosey_club, September 18, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 67
My dad was  6' 4"  ... FFS.  Getting embarrassing this thread.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 18, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from moosey_club
My dad was  6' 4"  ... FFS.  Getting embarrassing this thread.

Bet he couldn't p1ss 23 feet like mine   :P
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 18, 2017, 8:55pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from friskneymariner
Having worked in Lincoln for 13 years must say it is a very pleasant place to spend a lunch hour especially round the Brayford.Shopping not bad either.

So...
An hour in Lincoln and then fcuk off somewhere nice it is then.  :)
Posted by: towncryer, September 18, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 70

So...
An hour in Lincoln and then fcuk off somewhere nice it is then.  :)

Yeah bet you can't wait to get back to the Queen Bess in Ashby after sipping cocktails on the top floor Electric Bar of the Hilton Hotel overlooking the yachts in the Bradford Pool😃

Posted by: Les Brechin, September 18, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from towncryer

Yeah bet you can't wait to get back to the Queen Bess in Ashby after sipping cocktails on the top floor Electric Bar of the Hilton Hotel overlooking the yachts in the Bradford Pool😃

Bradford Pool? ;D
Posted by: Helgy, September 18, 2017, 9:24pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Impish2

As I posted before, vitals isn't the only forum. It may be the oldest but there is another far busier one on Facebook with over 13k members. Not saying it's better than vitals, but it certainly doesn't have those annoying pop ups which I agree is a pain in the bottom sometimes. The Facebook one certainly does seem to have younger posters, not always a good thing though.

Most Lincoln fans don't post on vitals myself included due to the some weirdo taking screen shots my posts and reporting them to the club.
Posted by: towncryer, September 18, 2017, 9:27pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Les Brechin

Bradford Pool? ;D

Brayford Pool......sorry.

Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 18, 2017, 9:28pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from towncryer

Yeah bet you can't wait to get back to the Queen Bess in Ashby
after sipping cocktails on the top floor Electric Bar of the Hilton Hotel overlooking the yachts in the Bradford Pool😃

800 yards away. My local.  ;D
Posted by: towncryer, September 18, 2017, 9:34pm; Reply: 75

800 yards away. My local.  ;D

Quality  :)
Got to admit have had a couple of pints in there myself.

Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 18, 2017, 10:39pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from towncryer

Quality  :)
Got to admit have had a couple of pints in there myself.

Can't fault you when you compare the price of a pint of Sammy Smiths in there to the price of a pretentious fruit shandy in the Hilton.  ;)
Posted by: barralad, September 18, 2017, 11:38pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Grim74

Ok they only just got back in this year (downside to all those students) after Tory rule expect normal service to resume.

I think you may be confusing matters. Lincoln turned Red in the General election in June after seven years of a Tory M.P. The Parliamentary constituency includes bits not covered by the actual city primarily Tory voting villages. The city council has been Labour for most if not all of my lifetime. The County Council is Tory because the number of villages and small towns controlled by landed gentry far outweigh the city itself.
No need to thank me...happy to help...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 18, 2017, 11:54pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Hagrid

I refer the Right Honourable gentleman to the title of the remarks made in this place recently by a member on the opposite side of the House:

http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1505283134/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 19, 2017, 12:00am; Reply: 79
Quoted from barralad

I think you may be confusing matters. Lincoln turned Red in the General election in June after seven years of a Tory M.P. The Parliamentary constituency includes bits not covered by the actual city primarily Tory voting villages. The city council has been Labour for most if not all of my lifetime. The County Council is Tory because the number of villages and small towns controlled by landed gentry far outweigh the city itself.

I believe the youngsters would at this point say 'owned'.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 19, 2017, 12:03am; Reply: 80
Quoted from Civvy at last

Bet he couldn't p1ss 23 feet like mine   :P

Mine once p1ssed on 23 feet. In the Barratt Stand at the crush barrier half way up. The 12th bloke was a bit quicker on the uptake than the other 11.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 19, 2017, 7:06am; Reply: 81
Quoted from RoboCod

That's the point. You ARE a Uni town, you HAVE the cradle of democracy linked to the Cathedral, people from round the WORLD travel to see this.  
That castle and Cathedral belongs to the people of Grimsby, Scunny and anywhere else you care to name as much as it belongs to YOU, you realise that? It's not YOURS in the sense that Sincil Bank is.
i don't suggest you are struggling in this area, but as a town it's bang average, with average shopping amenities for a tourist town that is blessed with all the above I mentioned.
You have drunks, criminals and druggies scattered everywhere, along with very poor estate areas; that you lot choose to pretend it's not there and simply point at the Cathedral says it all about most people there.

All fair points but GY beats Lincoln hands down for drunks,criminals,druggies and poor estate area`s we also have more dog poo than them ;D
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 19, 2017, 7:09am; Reply: 82
Quoted from Impish2

Can you send us the link please some of us enjoy the banter. Vitals you say GY in peace and get banned by that odious turd Jules.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 19, 2017, 8:36am; Reply: 83
Quoted from 1mickylyons

All fair points but GY beats Lincoln hands down for drunks,criminals,druggies and poor estate area`s we also have more dog poo than them ;D

Worked in Lincoln a couple of years back for a few months , I'd say their drunks Crims druggies and poor estates more than match up to ours however we're streets ahead in the dog poo stakes  
Posted by: RoboCod, September 19, 2017, 9:06am; Reply: 84
Quoted from 1mickylyons

That's the common perception, but there's been LOTS of social problems in Lincoln in recent years.  The Spice 'zombie' thing has been shocking and has had widespread media coverage.
[url]http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/31/zombies-on-spice-compared-to-something-from-walking-dead-pictured-in-city-centre-6892703/[/url]
Posted by: Impish2, September 19, 2017, 9:48am; Reply: 85
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Can you send us the link please some of us enjoy the banter. Vitals you say GY in peace and get banned by that odious turd Jules.

Not sure you will find the FB Banter page any better TBH, there are some more mature posters about and it is very busy, but it is still full of kids. Think you still need to be accepted in via invite like on here because a lot of people get/got banned.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162363193834614/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Posted by: Grim74, September 19, 2017, 9:59am; Reply: 86
Quoted from barralad

The local council are only there to pick up the rubbish and collect the council tax, it's the Tory county council that make the big decisions that effect Lincoln.
Posted by: barralad, September 19, 2017, 10:18am; Reply: 87
Quoted from Grim74

The local council are only there to pick up the rubbish and collect the council tax, it's the Tory county council that make the big decisions that effect Lincoln.

You mean like the decision to transform their public transport infrastructure?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 19, 2017, 10:20am; Reply: 88
Quoted from Impish2

Not sure you will find the FB Banter page any better TBH, there are some more mature posters about and it is very busy, but it is still full of kids. Think you still need to be accepted in via invite like on here because a lot of people get/got banned.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162363193834614/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks and goodluck for the rest of the season except the games v Town
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 19, 2017, 10:35am; Reply: 89
George Osborne Comprehensive Spending Review of Oct 2010 slashed Local Government Budgets by 28% over 4 years which led to crippling cuts since 2010 successive Central Government Cuts has devastated the ability of Local Councils to provide services,park the blame where it belongs.
Posted by: Impish2, September 19, 2017, 11:03am; Reply: 90
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Thanks and goodluck for the rest of the season except the games v Town

Same to you mate.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 22, 2017, 6:57pm; Reply: 91
Lincoln city.
Founded 1884.
Found by most 2017.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 22, 2017, 7:10pm; Reply: 92

I see following the game at Sincil Bank last Saturday a small group of their youths caused around £1,000 of damage to the Mansfield Town team bus.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 22, 2017, 7:22pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from promotion plaice

I see following the game at Sincil Bank last Saturday a small group of their youths caused around £1,000 of damage to the Mansfield Town team bus.

Yep, where's TownCryer when you want a hooligan update? Or maybe he's not interested this time as he didn't make this one up.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 22, 2017, 7:44pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from promotion plaice

Brick through the window hit Steve Evans make up box. Not cheap that no run mascara.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:44pm