Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lineup versus Crawley?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lineup versus Crawley?

This thread currently has 4,424 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
April 21, 2024, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
As for Clifton, I think we can all agree that he's had his worst season for us. He did a really good job the previous year and his versatility in positions where he doesn't have to receive the ball in the middle is very helpful. I don't think there's any chance he will move to League One after this season, but I think there is a place for him in our squad. Being able to provide cover in both full-back roles or wing-back and wide midfield is very helpful, especially allied to his sheer work rate. I don't see him as a starter for us, but think he will be offered a new deal and we can expect better from him than we've seen this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 21, 2024, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Some managers just get the best out of players and I reckon that’s the same with hurst and Clifton. If he was/is offered the chance to sign, am sure that HC will jump at the chance. Will he get offered another contract? Am very doubtful. But the difference in form between a year ago and today is seismic.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
louth_in_the_south
April 21, 2024, 9:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
I don’t think HC has been in a happy place since DA came in . No inside info, just a thought seeing as PH was such a fan of him . A new style introduced that probably didn’t play to his strengths and his performance fell off . A fresh start will do him good I think and L1 in the right team and management won’t be too big a step . Amazing what a bit of confidence can do to a player.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
bradzmilne
April 21, 2024, 11:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
I would like Cam Gardner to feature.

I’ve heard from a few good sources that both Grimsby Borough & Clee Town think that he’s “head and shoulders better” than anyone else Town have loaned to that level.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
buckstown
April 22, 2024, 8:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
I hope he picks his best available team. Crawley will be going for it and I’d rather not go into the summer on the back of a stuffing
On the question of Harry Clifton, maybe it hasn’t helped that he’s been surrounded by garbage most of the season. That would make most of us stink?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
Abdul19
April 22, 2024, 9:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
He was better in 20/21 though.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
diehardmariner
April 22, 2024, 4:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
He's not reached the standard of the previous two seasons, no doubt about that.  But he has carried an injury for most of this season and that has to eventually take it's toll.  There's only 4 of the 45 league fixtures he hasn't been in the squad for and started 36 of those.

He was in every squad the season before, all 57 games including all the cups and all but 3 in the play-off winning campaign (so that's around 150 games in 3 consecutive seasons with that ridiculous short break in the summer of 2022).  The last time he had more than a one-game break was March 2021.

I know some will harp back to the days when men were real men and players played 7 games in an hour before going back to work, impregnating the wife three times at half-time, putting up a garden wall whilst a corner was taken and still finding time to neck 40 pints of Guinness without throwing up.  But in the modern game that's a lot of strain on the body.  The lad's probably just knackered.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
StacyColdicotts_hairline
April 22, 2024, 9:33pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 1
Can see him being a good squad player for us next year. Just need to recuperate and get to grips with Artells new system (like everyone else)

That said, lets not waste anyone's time. If he isn't going to be a starter he should be told and given the clubs blessing to look elsewhere (york? What a signing for them). If that is what he wants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Limerick Mariner
April 23, 2024, 12:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Play our players not loanees unless we are short. A farewell appearance for Gav. Hunt and Gardner on the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
Stew0_0
April 23, 2024, 12:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
                               Eastwood

Rodgers.     Tharme.       Maher

Braithwaite.            Thompson.               Khouri
                  Holohan                   Clifton.

Vernam

Gardner

Subs.
Mullarkey, Bramwell, Hunt, Green, Wilson, Tomlinson, Essel
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lineup versus Crawley?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.