13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
AndyGTFC
April 14, 2024, 10:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Hopefully we won't be but I wouldn't bet on it unfortunately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 127
buckstown
April 14, 2024, 10:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
Hagrid has nailed it for me. As impressive as the performance was yesterday it shouldn't paper over the cracks of what's been an awful season.
After last seasons cup exploits we all pretty much expected some end of season excitement this year, but not at this end of the table. The recruitment was done early and looked impressive despite the lack of a star striker, ticket sales stood up well and optimism was high. But it's been a complete flop and goodness knows what the outcome might have ben if we hadn't reverted to a back five after the famous team meeting.
A new CEO is arriving soon and I'm guessing there'll be a big change in the playing staff, but most importantly I hope the owners know what went wrong this season. I'm sure they do by the way!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 127
HerveJosse
April 14, 2024, 10:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,210
Gold Stars: 145
What me must not do now is persuade ourselves that because we have had mid table  form since the Doncaster game that this squad needs anything other then a massive overall with only 4 or 5 good enough to keep.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 127
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 14, 2024, 10:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,050
Gold Stars: 191
A season that flattered to deceive. Players brought in last summer didn’t quite kick on as hoped, with the exception of Danny rose. And, surprisingly for me, I think mullarkey and Rodgers have actually improved since DA got here, although maybe it was a low bar being set from mid September.

DA has got some much needed ability with his recruitment in January but there’s a definite need to get rid of some that have underperformed that’s for sure.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 127
Roast Em Bobby
April 14, 2024, 10:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
I'm just hoping that Artell doesn't now revert back to trying to do what he tried when he first came .

With the likely budget and players we are likely to be able to attract, trying to play like the L2 Man City is never going to work. I hope he's learnt from this season to mix some pragmatism into his ideology.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 127
MuddyWaters
April 14, 2024, 11:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I'm just hoping that Artell doesn't now revert back to trying to do what he tried when he first came .

With the likely budget and players we are likely to be able to attract, trying to play like the L2 Man City is never going to work. I hope he's learnt from this season to mix some pragmatism into his ideology.

I’m just hoping that we actually do sign some players capable of playing better football than that we’ve endured for many years.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 127
GrimRob
April 14, 2024, 12:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,461
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m just hoping that we actually do sign some players capable of playing better football than that we’ve endured for many years.

Need players who will get us more points. Not necessarily the same thing.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 127
pontoonlew
April 14, 2024, 12:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

I think you’re going to be extremely disappointed then because we’ll no doubt see a shift from percentage football and scrapping for wins at all costs to something more proactive. It was Hursts approach and signing players based on them being nice hard working lads that got us into this mess.

Artell was brought in to implement an indentity throughout the whole club and that’s exactly what I expect him to do. Every single good side we’ve played this season played good football.

Artell has already proved he can bring in good footballers to the club, Hurst just convinced everyone for years it wasn’t possible and left Artell to pick up the pieces (and get absolutely hammered whilst trying to get it right).

I’m looking forward to seeing what comes of the summer and how we start to transition into a decent side, there’s a long way to go but I’m still convinced Artell is going to prove so many people wrong next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 127
HertsGTFC
April 14, 2024, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,028
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from pontoonlew

I think you’re going to be extremely disappointed then because we’ll no doubt see a shift from percentage football and scrapping for wins at all costs to something more proactive. It was Hursts approach and signing players based on them being nice hard working lads that got us into this mess.

Artell was brought in to implement an indentity throughout the whole club and that’s exactly what I expect him to do. Every single good side we’ve played this season played good football.

Artell has already proved he can bring in good footballers to the club, Hurst just convinced everyone for years it wasn’t possible and left Artell to pick up the pieces (and get absolutely hammered whilst trying to get it right).

I’m looking forward to seeing what comes of the summer and how we start to transition into a decent side, there’s a long way to go but I’m still convinced Artell is going to prove so many people wrong next season.

Maybe the learning has been evolution & not revolution?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 127
LocalLadGTFC
April 14, 2024, 1:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,380
Gold Stars: 140
Quoted from pontoonlew

I don't think you're wrong, but I think we'll see an evolution of the way we setup right now. He'd be foolish not to, if we could get it right in possession next season then we'd be very difficult to play against. It'll be a much weaker L2 next year based on the teams going up and coming down giving us a great opportunity to capatalise.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Never in this mess again

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.