6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
April 10, 2024, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Brighton are rightly heralded as how to run a club successfully.  Source worldwide talent, develop it and sell-on for large profits.

They had a big leg-up with capital investment to set up this business model in the first place. The owner funded a new stadium and set up good players and all base support systems.  They then picked 2 excellent managers.  Sharp management and recruitment then followed.

The point being that you have to start somewhere with this approach.  Starting with good money is a massive advantage.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
Marinerdeano
April 10, 2024, 8:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
OK I get it, we have been hard done to in recent years and crave past glories of course but why would I give up supporting my club? I absolutely get it if you have to travel and may decide to pick and choose. It's on my doorstep, it's something to do on Saturday afternoon with likeminded people. Yeah it can pain me at times but that's the nature of the beast and never forget the good feeling when things happen, those moments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
Mappers
April 10, 2024, 8:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,394
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from HertsGTFC
[quote=289]This maybe an unpopular opinion but hear me out - a few less season tickets maybe a good thing in one respect.

Less season ticket = less income? Not what we need when the squad is so poor, I get what you mean though.

It would possibly be more income beneficial to the club IF we had a stella season BUT if it's a season like this one the guaranteed income would be most welcome you would have thought - I'm not sure we would have got 6k for some games after some of the beatings we have taken at £22 quid a pop or whatever it is on the day .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
Yoda
April 10, 2024, 8:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,191
Gold Stars: 72
Lincoln sold a reasonable amount of season tickets but will still lose another 4 million.
They will be bankrupt in two years after losing 20 million in 5 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
mariner91
April 10, 2024, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Yoda
Lincoln sold a reasonable amount of season tickets but will still lose another 4 million.

They won’t be bankrupt as they don’t owe that money to anyone. Currently someone is willing to pump it in. Why they’d do so is a mystery and whether they continue to do so remains to be seen but they won’t be bankrupt in two years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
nealeardleyscrossing
April 11, 2024, 8:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -307
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Yoda

We won't be bankrupt at all - We don't owe any money - We have money put in, we are at no financial risk.

Added to the fact we have a keeper who is valued at 2 million, and 2 or 3 players who will command huge fees too (If they leave, which our model is to allow players to move on), then we will obviously reduce the amount of money needed to fund the club.

As mentioned previously though, it is about how we spend the cash, which will hopefully keep us moving in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Captain Sensible
April 12, 2024, 3:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +178
Gold Stars: 5

Whilst I get your point Mappers, I don't think those days will return - We've captured those fans, and seem to have kept them - That is how you grow a fanbase, Yes football, but matchday experience, stadium and also the City will help. The Cowleys clearly started it, but it has been built on.

It has to be done over a period of time, but the Club is growing almost as fast as the City - I think we have sold so many because their is a possibility, albeit a slim one that it could be a very cheap season ticket in the Championship.

Clearly you are well supported, especially with how poor it has been for you for a number of years, but I am not convinced it will get better for you until you have a clear plan - Artell was an odd move, safe, but uninspiring, I don't see how he grows your club.

I think you have to see yourself, as a club, as a stepping stone for players and also for managers - I am not sure your fanbase accept that - We could easily lose our manager and 2-3 players, but I am confident replacements will already have been sought.

I think our keeper will go for big money, but apparently we already have a replacement lined up - At our level, it is how you have to work.

Out of interest, does your club report actual attendances or total sales?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
David Frazer
April 12, 2024, 5:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -507
Gold Stars: 5
Oh Yoda please shut up as we dont owe money to ANYONE or have lost that amount of money anyway.Next years loss is anticipated at @£3million by the way ! If we go up( and yes probably not ) then things change with income from gates/sponsorship/player sales.

Even if we dont go up gates will remain high with the type of football we are seeing and some big clubs coming down and up! More sell outs im afraid ,it isnt going belly up anytime soon and thats not rocket science to work out !
Season tkt sales were 4900+ so far and they expect 12/1300 more with corporate sales ( bar areas/boxes).Also we have 40/50 corporate firm sponsors .

So Yoda please shut as your more likely to go bust before we do.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
GollyGTFC
April 12, 2024, 5:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,038
Gold Stars: 358

We won't be bankrupt at all - We don't owe any money - We have money put in, we are at no financial risk.

Added to the fact we have a keeper who is valued at 2 million, and 2 or 3 players who will command huge fees too (If they leave, which our model is to allow players to move on), then we will obviously reduce the amount of money needed to fund the club.

As mentioned previously though, it is about how we spend the cash, which will hopefully keep us moving in the right direction.

Plenty of clubs have gone to the wall because an owner(s) who were bankrolling them have had a change of circumstances and future planned losses can’t be met.

It happened to Notts County when their owners business collapsed. It happened to Gretna in Scotland when their owner was critically ill in hospital.

No business that replies on benefactors to trade is truly secure. And that includes Lincoln City and Grimsby Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 50
ska face
April 12, 2024, 6:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
Saw earlier today that Sutton are using Klarna to help fans spread the cost of their season tickets.

Wonder if we’ll have something similar or if the club have opted for the annual hoop-jumping and fannying about?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Season tickets 24/25

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.