7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
April 3, 2024, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Everyone is different and handles the death of their parents differently. My Dad was 77 when he died but he had a horrible 2 years of Alzheimer’s. It would have been better for everyone, particularly him if he had been taken earlier . My mum is 88 and still going strong.

Best wishes to David A.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 67
GYinScuntland
April 4, 2024, 12:38am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from supertown
Everyone is different and handles the death of their parents differently. My Dad was 77 when he died but he had a horrible 2 years of Alzheimer’s. It would have been better for everyone, particularly him if he had been taken earlier . My mum is 88 and still going strong.

Best wishes to David A.  

I can so relate to this.

My Father was a strong man who I watched succumb to Parkinson's over many years, it was a combination of this and an inoperable brain aneurysm that took him at the age of 77.

I wish he had died at the time, people won't get it but it's true. I had months of watching him in Hull Royal staring up at the ceiling, not knowing if he could hear what I was saying.

It's horrible watching loved ones in this state.

We all depart but there's hopefully better ways and more peaceful ways for most of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 67
LondonMariner43
April 4, 2024, 8:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from neverapen
IN a fairly recent interview DA was talking about what an awful time the club has had in the past few months including the passing of Cam, Callum Ainley's diagnosis and the Maher / Glennon car crash. He spoke very supportively about how it affects people in different ways and how supportive the club is in giving staff (both playing on non playing) what they need. I hope David does whatever he needs, whether it be time off or not. I lost my Dad suddenly a couple of years ago and whilst it hit me hard, I needed some normality within it. Regardless, all of our support is with him.  

I must have missed it but what was the car crash?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 67
gobby
April 4, 2024, 8:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
My thoughts are with David and his family  

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 67
IlkleyMariner
April 4, 2024, 12:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,037
Gold Stars: 69
Listening to SP interview, it sounds like DA father is seriously ill and not going to recover.
It’s still a difficult time for DA and his family and we should respect his privacy and offer our support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 67
Limerick Mariner
April 4, 2024, 4:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,719
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Listening to SP interview, it sounds like DA father is seriously ill and not going to recover.
It’s still a difficult time for DA and his family and we should respect his privacy and offer our support.

Yes clearly a terminal illness and sounds like a sudden deterioration. DA still taking the game on Saturday which is amazing commitment, hope the crowd really get behind him and the team and that lads can get the win for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 67
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 4, 2024, 6:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I must have missed it but what was the car crash?

This season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 67
HertsGTFC
April 4, 2024, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228

This season

My thoughts exactly.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 67
gtfc98
April 5, 2024, 4:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Yes clearly a terminal illness and sounds like a sudden deterioration. DA still taking the game on Saturday which is amazing commitment, hope the crowd really get behind him and the team and that lads can get the win for him.

Incredible that he's still taking the game in these circumstances. Let's show him that we are all behind him at the game tomorrow. GTFC is a family. UTM

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 67
GrimPol
April 5, 2024, 6:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -772
Gold Stars: 76
We are thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. You are not alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.