Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Civvy at last and 70 Guests

Town relegated or stay up?
Relegated
Stay up
  View Results 213 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

This thread currently has 6,672 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
March 29, 2024, 10:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Orsi will send us down on the last game and cup his ears to the town fans. These owners are as bad as fenty. NL here we come

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 80
Yoda
March 30, 2024, 12:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,190
Gold Stars: 72
Get Artell out and give Shaun and Ben a go until end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 80
Mayaman
March 30, 2024, 3:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
I'm resigned to it. Not much I can do about it, so anything else is a bonus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 80
dapperz fun pub
March 30, 2024, 5:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 83
I watched bits of Colchester and Sutton yesterday after town went 2 down they have a bit of fight about them however I think we’ll stay up just
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 80
Northbank Mariner
March 30, 2024, 7:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Orsi will send us down on the last game and cup his ears to the town fans. These owners are as bad as fenty. NL here we come

Really?...Fenty strangled the club to near death, JS & AP have had to sort a shitshow of club out and are slowly getting there.
They have invested more into the infrastructure in 3 years than Fenty did 20 years, and are trying to employ people who are qualified for roles rather than their fish filleting mates..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 80
dapperz fun pub
March 30, 2024, 7:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Really?...Fenty strangled the club to near death, JS & AP have had to sort a shitshow of club out and are slowly getting there.
They have invested more into the infrastructure in 3 years than Fenty did 20 years, and are trying to employ people who are qualified for roles rather than their fish filleting mates..

And yet the misery still continues and if anything it feels worse because we get good gates and had a fantastic cup run last year  ££££ and yet here we are yet again close to the trap door.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 80
The Caterham Mariner
March 30, 2024, 8:49am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +97
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from davmariner

Where are 10/1 to go down? I’ll have a flutter on that.

Sorry fellahs !! ... I just don't get it betting on "Town" to go down for financial gain, to think I stand proud with you when i attend matches.
In the cold light of day and being realistic
Yes i see us going down BUT  its not over yet till the final whistle at Crawley.
Ohh see you in the "Bookies" Grand National Day the only time i go near a betting shop  £10 on "Kitty's Light" .
Cross me fingers & Toes for Monday at home to Bradford.
Grimbarian and Proud
UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 80
GollyGTFC
March 30, 2024, 9:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,037
Gold Stars: 358
Next Saturday is massive. All 4 teams at the bottom are at home. The other 3 are all hosting teams in the top 4 (and who will all likely get promoted automatically once Mansfield implode and throw promotion away as they always do). We have Newport County.

Famous last words but…

Suttons final 4 games are about as tough as you can get. I think they’ll beat Swindon on Monday but beyond that another 3 points in those final 4 games would be a huge achievement for them. I can’t see them getting more than 42/43 points. And their GD is terrible.

FGR have a nightmare run of 4 fixtures before a couple of more winnable games to conclude the season. They don’t look to be in the form to get much if anything out of the next 4. I certainly can’t see them getting more than 9 points before the end of the season which would only get them to 42 points.

Colchester will stay up. They’re not losing many and have 5 of their final 7 games after Monday at home where they haven’t lost since New Years Day. They’ll be fine.

I think we’re probably safe with another 4 points. If we get another 6 or 7 then Sutton and/or FGR will be looking at having to get more than 6 points from their difficult run of games to overtake us given their GD. I just can’t see Sutton or FGR getting 7 or more points from the tough games I’ve highlighted.

4 points from the next 2 home games would be good IMO. Even 3 points would be okay.

And it wouldn’t be the end of the world if Col U pull clear so they are already safe when we go there on April 16th.

Summary: 43 points is highly likely to keep us up. 45 or 46 and I think we’re definitely safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 80
lew chaterleys lover
March 30, 2024, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Next Saturday is massive. All 4 teams at the bottom are at home. The other 3 are all hosting teams in the top 4 (and who will all likely get promoted automatically once Mansfield implode and throw promotion away as they always do). We have Newport County.

Famous last words but…

Suttons final 4 games are about as tough as you can get. I think they’ll beat Swindon on Monday but beyond that another 3 points in those final 4 games would be a huge achievement for them. I can’t see them getting more than 42/43 points. And their GD is terrible.

FGR have a nightmare run of 4 fixtures before a couple of more winnable games to conclude the season. They don’t look to be in the form to get much if anything out of the next 4. I certainly can’t see them getting more than 9 points before the end of the season which would only get them to 42 points.

Colchester will stay up. They’re not losing many and have 5 of their final 7 games after Monday at home where they haven’t lost since New Years Day. They’ll be fine.

I think we’re probably safe with another 4 points. If we get another 6 or 7 then Sutton and/or FGR will be looking at having to get more than 6 points from their difficult run of games to overtake us given their GD. I just can’t see Sutton or FGR getting 7 or more points from the tough games I’ve highlighted.

4 points from the next 2 home games would be good IMO. Even 3 points would be okay.

And it wouldn’t be the end of the world if Col U pull clear so they are already safe when we go there on April 16th.

Summary: 43 points is highly likely to keep us up. 45 or 46 and I think we’re definitely safe.

I've been reading posts like this for weeks. First it was Sutton who were definitely down, then Colchester had too many matches in a short space of time but it certainly looks perilous to me. We will all breathe easier if we win on Monday but that is the big if.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 80
AdamHaddock
March 30, 2024, 11:05am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
Gut feeling is we'll scrape enough draws to stay up but it could be tight.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.