This thread currently has 2,205 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
CodHead
February 29, 2024, 1:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
In DA’s interview with Matt Dean he mentioned about talking to a free agent, but then found out he’s got a 6 game ban. Anyone know who this is? The only name I thought of was Jack Simpson.
Logged Online
Private Message
SpiritOf98
February 29, 2024, 2:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
So how would that work? Free agent, but has to serve a 6 match ban for anyone taking him on?
That's a really odd situation, he'd have to sign for a club on for peanuts until the ban ended, though I guess you'd have him match fit at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Poojah
February 29, 2024, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
No idea, but what an absolute fúcknugget Simpson appears to be.

Quoted Text
On 3 October he was charged by the Football Association with using racially abusive language to a teammate on a pre-season tour of Portugal. The following month, he was banned for six games and fined £8,000.

The Regulatory Commission’s written reasons detailed that Simpson had made a discriminatory comment to Rohan Luthra, a British Asian, which was witnessed by Rubin Colwill and Kieron Evans. Luthra did not report the incident until he saw an FA presentation about reporting discrimination.

Simpson, who according to Evans instantly regretted his slur due to his own girlfriend being of Indian heritage

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 29, 2024, 2:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,274
Gold Stars: 306
Just what you need in a relegation fight, when you need the team to bond and you have several key players who are black...a racist.

That would be a no from me.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
chaos33
February 29, 2024, 2:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Well, if it was him, and it might not be I suppose, then what does it say about the judgement of our manager?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
devs
February 29, 2024, 2:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
And here it goes again...
Absolutely no evidence it is this player but Artell judgement being questioned
If it is him etc...

Another conspiracy theory gaining traction for zero reason
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
tanga_the_indestructible
February 29, 2024, 2:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from chaos33
Well, if it was him, and it might not be I suppose, then what does it say about the judgement of our manager?

‘I suppose‘ doing a lot of heavy lifting here....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
pontoonlew
February 29, 2024, 3:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,034
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from chaos33

On Tuesday it was Artells fault that Forest Green were winning at half time. Today it’s his fault because he might or might not have elected not to sign a player banned for racism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Poojah
February 29, 2024, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500

‘I suppose‘ doing a lot of heavy lifting here....

The 6-game ban thing narrows it down to the point it’s probable it was Simpson he’d been talking to, but I don’t think Artell needs hitting over the head with this one.

You’d imagine it was a case of the agent approaching the club, and the club wanting to explore the possibility of signing a player recently of the Championship, without having fully understood the player’s circumstances. At some point during discussions it’s going to come out that the player has a significant ban, and the obvious next question is “oh, what for?”. End of conversation.

Jake Speight, agent of Omar Bogle if memory serves, famously signed for Bradford without disclosing that he was due in court the following week for assaulting his girlfriend. He had assumed he’d get a community order, but instead received a 12 week jail sentence. Bradford were none the wiser to any of it. We did something similar with John Welsh, and even made the bell end captain.

I’m a long way from sold on Artell, but I believe he’s got sufficient emotional intelligence to know that bringing a player currently banned on racism grounds into a squad comprising Asian, black and mixed race players (not to mention, I imagine, white players with a modicum of moral decency) would be an absolute disaster for squad harmony.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
mariner91
February 29, 2024, 3:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Rohan Luthra was in goal against us for Slough earlier in the season. I know his dad so I know what went on and what was said to him. I wouldn't want Jack Simpson playing for us, he's a real piece of sh1t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jack Simpson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.