8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
livosnose
February 4, 2024, 10:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,176
Gold Stars: 15
I remember a very very cold Gateshead away ( we lost 1 nil ) and said hard boys queuing up to warm their hands in the toilets at half time……well hard

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 71
TownSNAFU5
February 4, 2024, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
They won’t be reading these sensible comments.  Probably sold their phones for drugs, have no concentration span and can’t read anyway due to missing too much schooling.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 71
ska face
February 4, 2024, 11:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
They won’t be reading these sensible comments.  Probably sold their phones for drugs, have no concentration span and can’t read anyway due to missing too much schooling

Yes lots of sensible comments on here - send them to Derry, conscript everyone, national service, birch them. Presumably behaviour amongst young idiots was much better back in the 70s and 80s when teachers could batter kids or you could stick a gun in their hand and send them overseas? Oh…maybe not.

Could always consider why some people feel the need to smash 10 cans in a 2hour journey, or treat service staff like shíte. Might require a bit more introspection for some though.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 71
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2024, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 83
Just for a bit of balance I normally go to Lincoln on the urine for a day around Xmas , get that last train back is a experience to make footy fans look tame , same coming back from Donny races it’s the culture of this country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 71
male private Nale
February 4, 2024, 11:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from It Bites
Simpletons are a drain on society on so many levels . I’ll be glad when conscription starts again , we’ll see how brave they are then , cannon fodder

Sounds like you a believer in Eugenics ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 71
LH
February 4, 2024, 11:53am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,557
Gold Stars: 174
It’s a debate for the non football board but it’s always interesting to see how popular conscription is amongst those i) too old for it and ii) who didn’t volunteer to serve when they were of the age that would be called up for it. The forces wouldn’t want the hooligan groups anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 71
Azimuth
February 4, 2024, 12:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from HerveJosse
Attention seeking. Ignore and move away . Back in the day had crumbling terracing thrown at us at Valley Parade  bottles thrown at roof at OSG so that glass rained down and mate pummelled and in hospital at the Baseball Ground . You really did have concerns for your safety in those days today it’s just annoying

I remember at Millmore cups of urine being thrown over the back of a home stand onto us making our way along the walkway to the away end below and a Police horse standing on a town supporters foot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 71
ska face
February 4, 2024, 12:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
Just for a bit of balance, this was nice to come across yesterday -

Tweet 1753768282350645744 will appear here...

Just before the geriatrics on here starting rounding young kids up.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 71
grimps
February 4, 2024, 1:00pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from LH
It’s a debate for the non football board but it’s always interesting to see how popular conscription is amongst those i) too old for it and ii) who didn’t volunteer to serve when they were of the age that would be called up for it. The forces wouldn’t want the hooligan groups anyway.

This is always spouted after football related incidents.
I remember years ago when 40-50 fans were arrested after a fight Vs Scunthorpe around 7-8 of the people arrested were  serving in the forces of ex forces .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 71
JK47
February 4, 2024, 1:06pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.72
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +204
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from HerveJosse
Attention seeking. Ignore and move away . Back in the day had crumbling terracing thrown at us at Valley Parade  bottles thrown at roof at OSG so that glass rained down and mate pummelled and in hospital at the Baseball Ground . You really did have concerns for your safety in those days today it’s just annoying

Used to happen at Wembley when folks would lob bottles down from the top of the steps.  It's society I'm afraid.  I believe that it's folks who are suddenly free from the ties of home/mother/wife/father.  Seen it in France.  Brits get off the boat who wouldn't speed (too much!) on their local road - straight up to 100 kph on a 50 kph road.  One bloke from the City of London in an Audi caught doing 250kph on a motorway instead of sticking to somewhere near the 130kph he was allowed anyway.  It's all a demonstrable lack of maturity.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Embarrassed/ashamed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.