21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
January 16, 2024, 12:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,719
Gold Stars: 137

I couldn't agree more;  but to my eternal shame in my rush to get posting with what I thought was a clever play on words I spelt his name with only one t. I've tried to change it but I can't find a way to do it unless someone knows?

Edit. And of course there should be an apostrophe in the name. Bad day at the office there.

I did wonder if Lew needed to get his missus away from visits to the Brocklesby Estate every other Saturday when Town were playing away…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 209
lew chaterleys lover
January 16, 2024, 1:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I did wonder if Lew needed to get his missus away from visits to the Brocklesby Estate every other Saturday when Town were playing away…

I live near the Brocklesby Estate.  We've got the makings of a novel taking shape here!
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 209
GrimPol
January 16, 2024, 1:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -772
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from mariner91

Yeah he goes down a bit too easily sometimes trying to win free kicks. But it’s not such a regular occurrence that it’s an issue and pales into insignificance in comparison to the many, many positives he brings the side. You literally labelled Rose as a negative in your original post which is absurd.

When he's down, and the opposition has the ball we are in essence down to 10 men, due to him being deep in opposition territory (the ball has moved on) and he is offside. When we do fight and get the ball back ( which we have been doing quite effectively the last few games) then he's not there as part of any counterattack, certainly not using any opposition high line to run onto, as he's off-side.
Yes, not the biggest issue but it can be fixed, as opposed to other players who cannot be fixed as how do you fix a slow runner?

This is a Forum "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged" so not a verboten subject.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 209
Limerick Mariner
January 16, 2024, 1:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,719
Gold Stars: 137

I live near the Brocklesby Estate.  We've got the makings of a novel taking shape here!

Or a Fast Show sketch - if Lew went to buy a new suit.

Getting very off topic here, but I saw Paul Whitehouse with Gillian Anderson on Parkinson, reruns are on BBC4 and iplayer - absolute tears of laughter when he mentioned the “rabbit”…to be fair she kept her cool…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 209
tashee69
January 16, 2024, 3:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +959
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HerveJosse

You don’t do irony then

With some of the posts that are made on this site, you never can tell 🤣

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 209
Southwark Mariner
January 16, 2024, 4:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from rancido
Obviously much has been made of our defensive frailties and decision making , justifiably so. But if you listen to DA's post match interview he said he would be addressing the defensive situation in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

I took that to mean signings rather than some magic coaching
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 209
rancido
January 16, 2024, 4:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I took that to mean signings rather than some magic coaching

So did I.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 209
Captain Sensible
January 16, 2024, 8:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +178
Gold Stars: 5
Disappointing to score five and not win, but I can't remember reading a just back thread with the words 'entertained' or 'entertainment' used so frequently.

If we can keep that up, but also translate strong performances into results, I for one will be very happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 209
wuffing
January 16, 2024, 9:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +840
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Captain Sensible
Disappointing to score five and not win, but I can't remember reading a just back thread with the words 'entertained' or 'entertainment' used so frequently.

If we can keep that up, but also translate strong performances into results, I for one will be very happy.

This is what we like to see...happy happy happy happy talk....

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 209
RonMariner
January 18, 2024, 7:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,786
Gold Stars: 226
Should never have let Stuart Brace and Dave Worthington go to Southend. We were relegated the following season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 209
21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.