32 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 29, 2024, 4:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,525
Gold Stars: 544

Well hopefully there is no end game - I am pretty certain most fans trust Clive Nates as he makes extremely sound decisions about the club. You are right though, even though we are not getting saddled with debt, if they stopped investing we would be back to where most teams are at this level and the level below. However, Kieran Maguire, footballs financial expert feels we are a well run club with sound investment. What I would say is we would be in a better position than your selves as we have some very saleable assets - which could help us rebuild. The keeper will go for more than a million and 1 or 2 others will go for similar amounts (Which is our model).

There are a few silly comments on here about us finishing 7th in league 1, which I think is a fantastic season - The extra revenue will allow us to build a more competitive team next year - Losing Derby and Pompy and potentially another big spending club helps - Birmingham will probably come down, but they are a basket case of a club.

I have said before on here that I thought you would be safe, and I have seen comments saying you will pass us by, but truthfully I am not sure what you are basing that on really - One of the reasons we have done well for the last 6 years is who we get loaned to us - Taylor this year is a prime example, I am not sure Grimsby would get those types of players due to outside perspectives of the club, training facilities etc. Whilst our ground is not a brilliant ground as mentioned on here earlier - We do spend large amounts on it - Stacey West development looks good, and we spent half a million on the pitch and thousands on the advertising (Digital around the entire pitch) and sound systems - Regardless of what people think, we are a progressive club and a very progressive City.

I think you will be better next season, but I am not sure that will be under your current manager. I have seen you mention our relationships with players from Ireland but that is 2 way as we loan them players too - They have done this now for a few years and we have managed to get their best players here, 1 of whom will go for a lot of money.

Your support is excellent, and you have a good history, albeit 20-25  years ago, but I am afraid it needs more - I would guess you would need 4-5 million per season in League 1 to be competitive - I would be interested in your current home, with yoiur current owners where that would come from?

Aye I love your city, Day and night, and miles ahead of us, no doubt helped by the University.

I do agree with you as well, we are nowhere near being able to compete in the league above, christ we can barely compete in the league we're in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 312
lew chaterleys lover
April 29, 2024, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,803
Gold Stars: 239

Well hopefully there is no end game - I am pretty certain most fans trust Clive Nates as he makes extremely sound decisions about the club. You are right though, even though we are not getting saddled with debt, if they stopped investing we would be back to where most teams are at this level and the level below. However, Kieran Maguire, footballs financial expert feels we are a well run club with sound investment. What I would say is we would be in a better position than your selves as we have some very saleable assets - which could help us rebuild. The keeper will go for more than a million and 1 or 2 others will go for similar amounts (Which is our model).

There are a few silly comments on here about us finishing 7th in league 1, which I think is a fantastic season - The extra revenue will allow us to build a more competitive team next year - Losing Derby and Pompy and potentially another big spending club helps - Birmingham will probably come down, but they are a basket case of a club.

I have said before on here that I thought you would be safe, and I have seen comments saying you will pass us by, but truthfully I am not sure what you are basing that on really - One of the reasons we have done well for the last 6 years is who we get loaned to us - Taylor this year is a prime example, I am not sure Grimsby would get those types of players due to outside perspectives of the club, training facilities etc. Whilst our ground is not a brilliant ground as mentioned on here earlier - We do spend large amounts on it - Stacey West development looks good, and we spent half a million on the pitch and thousands on the advertising (Digital around the entire pitch) and sound systems - Regardless of what people think, we are a progressive club and a very progressive City.

I think you will be better next season, but I am not sure that will be under your current manager. I have seen you mention our relationships with players from Ireland but that is 2 way as we loan them players too - They have done this now for a few years and we have managed to get their best players here, 1 of whom will go for a lot of money.

Your support is excellent, and you have a good history, albeit 20-25  years ago, but I am afraid it needs more - I would guess you would need 4-5 million per season in League 1 to be competitive - I would be interested in your current home, with yoiur current owners where that would come from?

You were non league for years and have now reached the dizzy heights of the 3rd division. Fair play to you but sometimes I think your fans think you are in the Premier league the way you all go on.

We are just starting our renaissance so we will be playing each again in the not too distant future as we too are starting to put the groundwork in for future success.
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 312
Mappers
April 29, 2024, 4:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,533
Gold Stars: 120

It was a good season for you no doubt about it and the method around the growth of the club has been impressive , with good infrastructure improvements and decent investment . No doubt the clubs 'bottom limit ' is substantially higher than what it was previously and tbf to Nates he does seems a decent custodian who will keep your club safe ; what the other high net worth individuals motives are is anyone's guess , I suppose it will become clearer in the next few years whether it's a long term thing or just a bit of fun .

I get the impression that Lincoln fans in general  think we are some sort of basket case off the pitch when things couldn't be further from the truth , we had a bad season on it but the current custodians are making year on year improvements off the pitch and although unlikely this summer have done 2 pieces of smart trading in the last couple of years in both Mcatee and Conteh which we got decent fee's for with a very healthy sell-on , on the latter .

The new training ground is bubbling under the surface and there will hopefully be some firm news on that in the near future .

The truth is both clubs are in a good spot relatively speaking , what the future holds is uncertain but I'm very sure both have no worries over a future as a pro club with who they have at the helm .

Whether Artell is the man for us time will tell and I'm unsure , but I'm equally unsure on Scubala ; we know a few good months can make them the second coming of Pep , a few bad games and they are out on their ear .

Have a good summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.