Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Project Wrexham over already?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Project Wrexham over already?

This thread currently has 8,295 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
July 20, 2023, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Wrexham will also try and increase their American fan base with high profile matches in the USA.

If they keep losing I don't think it will do their American fan base any good.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
louth_in_the_south
July 20, 2023, 6:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
I love listening to managers who have this spiel about tatical planning. The whole randomness of ball sports is there’s no way of planning of what happens in a few seconds so the only way of really being successful is having players who can make split second decisions based on their abilities. Jolley could say all that stuff but if you haven’t got the athletes to react to losing the ball and winning it back you’re basically fu.cked .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
louth_in_the_south
July 20, 2023, 6:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I love listening to managers who have this spiel about tatical planning. The whole randomness of ball sports is there’s no way of planning of what happens in a few seconds so the only way of really being successful is having players who can make split second decisions based on their abilities. Jolley could say all that stuff but if you haven’t got the athletes to react to losing the ball and winning it back you’re basically fu.cked .

Which is why we got relegated to the conference for the first time because most of them were useless urine. heads

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
forza ivano
July 20, 2023, 9:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
a dose of reality here. It didn't work against Chelsea, coz they were simply too good. However it might well have worked against Palace, if we haven't had the early sending off. As it was we held them for well over 85 minutes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
July 20, 2023, 9:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
We played some really nice football at times under jolley, I could always see what he was trying to do, seemed a promising intellegent young manager driven to madness by the fentmeister general, reminded me of that episode of the simpsons with frank grimes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
mariner91
July 20, 2023, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
We played some really nice football at times under jolley, I could always see what he was trying to do, seemed a promising intellegent young manager driven to madness by the fentmeister general, reminded me of that episode of the simpsons with frank grimes

We barely ever played nice football under Jolley. The odd game here and there such as Exeter away but generally the football was uninspiring, defensive dirge for most of his time here. Wasn't there reports after he'd left that he'd had players man marking the opposition when WE had a throw in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
mariner91
July 20, 2023, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from forza ivano
a dose of reality here. It didn't work against Chelsea, coz they were simply too good. However it might well have worked against Palace, if we haven't had the early sending off. As it was we held them for well over 85 minutes

Palace had 34 shots. That isn't a tactical victory. That's a combination of good last ditch defending and poor finishing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
Mappers
July 20, 2023, 11:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
I'm sure Jolley was a high earning trader in New York before he got into football coaching / management - he must really love the game to still be giving it a go in the Spanish lower league .

I thought he was ok , honest John had obviously given Jolley his side of the story regarding Humberside judging by his rant on there : Rob Straightin was 'a fu*kin straight shooter '(maybe it was an in joke )  but Burns and Tondeur were something else , not quite so good ; I can't remember what he said now but he seemed to flip out big time seemed a man on the edge .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
Sigone
July 26, 2023, 7:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Mullin suffered a punctured lung this morning in a friendly with manure.
Probably out for 6-8 weeks, might be our game he makes his return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
supertown
July 26, 2023, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Strange how their loss to Chelsea youths was highlighted but their 3.1 victory over Man Spew youths goes unmentioned. Cherry picking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Project Wrexham over already?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.