Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man City v Inter Milan   (UCL Final)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 274 Guests

Man City v Inter Milan   (UCL Final)

This thread currently has 4,405 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
June 11, 2023, 1:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I’m with you grimps, for the next couple of years I’m all for City winning everything if it means Man U and Liverpool get nowt, then hopefully other clubs can start to compete, trouble is I can only see the petroclubs eventually dominating, at least the FA Cup final from Saudi Arabia at 8 o’clock at night in December will be different!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 11, 2023, 1:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Mappers
Do people now hate Man City more than Man U  ?(genuine question)

I know City have bought success with dirty money but my hatred for Man U  still overcomes that , that lad still goes in the lower with his Man U shirt on and I remember the cringey 'yay ' (+my dad had some sort of weird crush on them ) at BP when their score would be announced at half/full time when more than likely they had won again back in the day .

Proper set of glory seekers ,so still would just rather anybody win things than them , even though I don't really watch EPL football as I just prefer Town than all that lot .

In my opinion, will divide opinions as well no doubt. I know a small number of City fans, and have a cousin over that way, for certain investment has transformed the club, and even with these charges looming over them (which if you look into it the club are confident they have done nothing wrong and are looking forward to blowing the case wide open), the owners are massively popular, they’ve rejuvenated the Eastlands area, built a school, hospital, sixth form college and pumped money into the academy.

They still choose to rent the stadium instead of buying it which gives the council more money. Ticket prices are quite low, season tickets in the third tier behind the goal are or were around £360. Although no doubt they are growing a bigger fan base elsewhere  their loyal core hasn’t changed since their blip in the mid to late 90’s, all of which I’ve always found are really grounded, humble and are very aware of where they came from, fair to say the games I know all attend games and don’t take anything for granted.

United and Liverpool fans are harder to gauge as they are everywhere, so little of them who you meet actually attend games, they’ll watch from home or the pub and have no connection to Manchester etc. Most are arrogant, biased and aren’t real football fans living in the real world. I probably dislike United as much as Scunthorpe because of those types of fans.

If City are on that trajectory then one day I’m sure their potential new breed maybe as insufferable but whilst their core fan base reminds grounded then I’m pleased for them, as I will be if or when Newcastle challenge, another great set of fans.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
Limerick Mariner
June 11, 2023, 2:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,698
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ska face
Great result for petrostates & human rights abusers across the globe!

Looking forward to Newcastle winning it next year, booting Jamal Khashoggi’s head into the top corner in the last minute V PSG. Perhaps a mass execution as half time entertainment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001mlrc

Worth a listen, although Wrexham inevitably are represented. They should have had JS on. Maybe if we’d already got BCorp status, as the first professional sports club to do so, he might have been on.

I struggle to see past Germany as the best model, with the 50+1 ownership rule and cheap tickets, with season tickets at about E12 a game. The 50+1 rule got a cursory mention but there should have been more focus on this as an alternative to our petroclubs.

Happy for the “Kings of the Kippax” fans, but I didn’t watch the game and it’s years since I’ve paid much attention to the CL. The club id most like to see win it is FC Union Berlín.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
NorfolkImp
June 13, 2023, 10:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
Well after a month of virtual disbelief at what I’ve witnessed, at least you’ve run a thread on it so fair play The Fishy.

I went to the Madrid 2nd Leg, which was a footballing masterclass, above anything I’ve witnessed by any English club side, let alone by City. Decided against going to Istanbul for health reasons which proved the correct decision judging by reports back from Lincoln Blues who did go.

The City players looked knackered tbh, but deservedly got over the line, to win a first European Cup and ultimately ‘better’ Utd’s 1999 treble. I say this for 2 reasons: 1) City were reigning Prem Lge Champs when they entered this year’s competition and didn’t need to play a qualifying match to enter the Group Stages. 2) City actually beat Utd in the FA Cup Final - that alone is the stuff of dreams and yes I was there to witness that moment of history. 🩵🏆🏆🏆

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
Posh Harry
June 14, 2023, 6:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Well after a month of virtual disbelief at what I’ve witnessed, at least you’ve run a thread on it so fair play The Fishy.

I went to the Madrid 2nd Leg, which was a footballing masterclass, above anything I’ve witnessed by any English club side, let alone by City. Decided against going to Istanbul for health reasons which proved the correct decision judging by reports back from Lincoln Blues who did go.

The City players looked knackered tbh, but deservedly got over the line, to win a first European Cup and ultimately ‘better’ Utd’s 1999 treble. I say this for 2 reasons: 1) City were reigning Prem Lge Champs when they entered this year’s competition and didn’t need to play a qualifying match to enter the Group Stages. 2) City actually beat Utd in the FA Cup Final - that alone is the stuff of dreams and yes I was there to witness that moment of history. 🩵🏆🏆🏆

Could you change your user name to 2 Team NorfolkImp please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
June 14, 2023, 7:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,713
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Eh? I thought you were a Lincoln fan? You come on here bigging up Lincoln (when they get a good result) and having sly digs at the Mariners and it turns out you are a Manchester City fan?

Bizarre, and why anybody would support a random team who just happen to be the best team in the country right now is beyond me. If you come back and say oh, I was supporting Man City when they were rubbish only makes it worse!
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
lukeo
June 14, 2023, 7:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I don't understand how anyone can get excited about any team except the one they were born to support (ideally their home town or city!)
A long time ago when I was young   I'd 'follow' a few teams and go watch games if Grimsby weren't playing but I'd never support anyone else. My favourite was travelling across to Accrington to watch them a couple of times midweek.
I won't lie, I do miss those days. But this season I'm aiming to double my intake of games providing the train companies sort themselves out alongside a few tasty localish away games for Taunton if I can't get to town games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
Maringer
June 14, 2023, 7:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
David Squires good on this, as expected:

https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....portswashing-history
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
HertsGTFC
June 14, 2023, 8:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,938
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lukeo
I don't understand how anyone can get excited about any team except the one they were born to support (ideally their home town or city!)
A long time ago when I was young   I'd 'follow' a few teams and go watch games if Grimsby weren't playing but I'd never support anyone else. My favourite was travelling across to Accrington to watch them a couple of times midweek.
I won't lie, I do miss those days. But this season I'm aiming to double my intake of games providing the train companies sort themselves out alongside a few tasty localish away games for Taunton if I can't get to town games.

Unless it was a jolly to say Germany, Spain etc..I don't see the attraction of watching other teams other than Town live but will watch them on the TV and if they play decent football I don't get too excited but I do enjoy watching. Also I like to see English Teams do well in Europe.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
OddShapedBalls
June 14, 2023, 9:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39

Eh? I thought you were a Lincoln fan? You come on here bigging up Lincoln (when they get a good result) and having sly digs at the Mariners and it turns out you are a Manchester City fan?

Bizarre, and why anybody would support a random team who just happen to be the best team in the country right now is beyond me. If you come back and say oh, I was supporting Man City when they were rubbish only makes it worse!

Well it's their modus operandi isn't it - there were no Lincoln fans pre-Cowleys, and there were no Citeh fans pre-petrodollars.  He'll be NorfolkToon once they've bought a couple of trophies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man City v Inter Milan   (UCL Final)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.