2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
May 27, 2023, 9:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Looking forward to Haaland playing on a cold Tuesday night in December at Kenelworth Road 😄

In all seriousness its great to see a team like Luton go up. I hope they've already got the builders on the phone, £10m of improvements to the stadium is going to take some time to do!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
thefish
May 27, 2023, 10:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from buckstown

Mmmmm!!!!??

No, Bim… Bimmmm. You’ll get there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
TownSNAFU5
May 27, 2023, 10:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Luton have planned to replace one stand with a new one for the start of next season. £10 million is a drop in the ocean if they are now £180 million richer.

They just be using foreign builders.  British builders would not deliver in time.

Bournemouth are another struggling team who were their last league game away from NL. (Town played them or their  rivals for the drop I think?).

Bournemouth had Eddie Howe as manager and rich owners now.  They had to get there though.  Their ground also has a very low capacity but they manage and survive.

If we were ever to emulate Luton then we could hardly had a more encouraging start for the last 2 seasons:

Bouncing back to the EFL at the first attempt (rare);

Winning at County and Wrexham (record breakers the following season.  And both promoted.

Creating a FAC record the next season by beating 5 teams from higher divisions.  (An indicator of higher league potential?)

If the cup wins were in the league and we had a longer close season to recover and plan - then who knows what we could have done last season?

Success delivered by new, good, sensible owners who are local and fans.

We have a very good manager who knows the club.

The fans are starved of success and becoming STHs in record numbers. Success breeds success.  Where do we go next on our journey?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Limerick Mariner
May 27, 2023, 11:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Incredible journey for Luton. Gives us hope. Unusually for me I didn’t mind who went up. I’ve forgiven Cov for the Mick Coop pen that upset me as a 9 year old.
Cov were disgracefully robbed of their stadium through what turned out to be a bordering on fraudulent financing deal by the Wasps rugby owner. Justice was done when Wasps went bust, they had massive debts and there was never any realistic prospect of Wasps having a viable operation in Coventry. Hope Cov go up next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
forza ivano
May 28, 2023, 1:04am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Sooo pleased they went up. If them brighton, Bournemouth n brentford can go up, the do can we.

Made up for pele ruddock. Their evan khouri????....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luton:  how to get from NL to PL in 9 ye

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.