2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Fenners
May 23, 2023, 3:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 20
I know the chances are slim, but did anybody keep a copy of the 2015 playoff final or have a digital copy of the BT Sports footage? I'd like to use more of the highlights on it's anniversary than the goals (the Puddy handball for starters).

For a game relatively recently nobody seems to have it (even tried their forums).

Thanks

Bruce
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
May 23, 2023, 4:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,790
Gold Stars: 226
Don't really want to see that gain. The worst refereeing bottle job of all time.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
GollyGTFC
May 23, 2023, 4:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
If you have BT Sport there's various stuff from the match on demand. Just search Grimsby in the app.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 19
It Bites
May 23, 2023, 5:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
I'd rather watch Burton away than that match ..... Relegation had been coming and was deserved but that final was devastating in the way we lost ..

Refs a illegitimate
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Madeleymariner
May 23, 2023, 10:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
From what I remember from the highlights they didn't show the Puddy handball, it was as if it didn't happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Poojah
May 23, 2023, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Madeleymariner
From what I remember from the highlights they didn't show the Puddy handball, it was as if it didn't happen.

They definitely did. I couldn’t bare to watch it back at the time, obviously, but I’ve 100% seen it somewhere on the internet in recent times. I’ve had a quick scout and I can’t find it, but I can recall the monotone Adam Virgo being somewhat scathing of the decision.

Worst refereeing decision I’ve ever seen in the flesh. Absolutely no doubt.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
scrumble
May 23, 2023, 10:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
IIRC the referee actually admitted that he didn't want to give a red card that early as it would spoil the game

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Wedidntdidwe
May 23, 2023, 10:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +377
Gold Stars: 22
Even the ref got promoted to the league when that decision alone should have prevented it from happening.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 24, 2023, 7:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,908
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Poojah

They definitely did. I couldn’t bare to watch it back at the time, obviously, but I’ve 100% seen it somewhere on the internet in recent times. I’ve had a quick scout and I can’t find it, but I can recall the monotone Adam Virgo being somewhat scathing of the decision.

Worst refereeing decision I’ve ever seen in the flesh. Absolutely no doubt.

Not as important, well, maybe, but the Brighton hand ball was ludicrous. Especially given the fact that they had VAR.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Poojah
May 24, 2023, 7:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Not as important, well, maybe, but the Brighton hand ball was ludicrous. Especially given the fact that they had VAR.

It was, I agree, but I’ve since reconciled with that having reached the opinion that they’d have still beaten us with 10 men, such was the degree of superiority.

When Puddy deliberately stopped the ball with his arm, comfortably outside the box, I thought “we’ve won this”. We were the better team and already 1-0 up - that moment felt like game, set and match.

And then the card was yellow. That came as a huge shock, given Joyce had just completely ignored the fundamental parameters of a very basic rule. Did he handle it? Yes. Was it outside the box? By some distance. Was it intentional? Blatantly. There was no scope whatsoever for the decision to be anything other than red.

It was a psychological hammer blow, and even though the pain is tempered by the fact we went up the following year, there’s still a sense of what might have been. I don’t think I’m alone in my opinion that the side that lost that day was better all round than the one which beat Forest Green 12 months on.

I felt sick for days after that game, and it wasn’t just from the heat stroke I got whilst stood in the stands.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bristol Rovers playoff final 2015 BT footage

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.