May 18, 2023, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Maringer
I

I was impressed by the way Grealish played - he tries to stay on his feet more when playing for Man City, as opposed to looking to win free-kicks when playing for England. Caused them lots of problems and put in a good shift as well.

I think he's growing into it a bit at club level, loved it when he nutmegged Modric.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 18, 2023, 12:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Rick12
Indeed .And likewise because Real Madrid is a institution Ive read in the past the Spanish government have bent the rules for them money wise . On another note I was in Madrid last year and went to the stadium and club shop. Highly impressive the ongoing refurbishment works but prices in the club shop were ridiculous. I remember shirts being roughly 140 euros  the equivalent to £120 pounds. Wish some fans wouldn't pay this and then prices would drop(reflects football in general) . Ridiculous amount of money.

Real have also had close links with the Spanish royal family (as well as Franco's regime but we'll gloss over that..) so they've always had a get out of jail card financially. They're seen in Spain as a business that's too important to Spain to get into financial trouble.

Prices in the club shop are amplified by the tourists. Visiting the club and doing the tour is a very popular tourist destination, especially with the Japanese and Koreans and they will pay whatever they have to to say they bought their shirt at The Bernabeu.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
NorfolkImp
May 18, 2023, 1:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from diehardmariner

Funnily enough, that's a little similar to what the City fans, who can remember trudging along at Maine Road (FYI, that was City's ground a few years before they became good), say about these folk who ditch their local side when they get relegated for a winning side.  

First game at MR in 78’ v West Brom, plus I was at Blundell Park when Derek Parlane netted at the Ponny End …. a typical comment I’d expect from an East Coast Scouser though

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
diehardmariner
May 18, 2023, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
East Coast Scouser?  

Think you confuse me with someone else.  My affinity to any other side ended when I was about five, when I outgrew the, ahem, 'replica' Liverpool kit from Top Town Market.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
RonMariner
May 18, 2023, 2:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from NorfolkImp

He is the best English defender since Bobby Moore in my opinion.

Apart from Paul Futcher obviously......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
Rick12
May 18, 2023, 3:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Maringer

De Bruyne was a little out of sorts last night,

A lad who I know is a Sheffield United season ticket holder and said De Bruyne was the best player he saw in the premiership by a fair bit. Fair play to him especially as it didn't work out for him at Chelsea.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
mimma
May 18, 2023, 4:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
De Bruyne is another that has improved under Pep. Had he gone anywhere else I don't think he would have become the player he has. I also thought he didn't play very well last night though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
Rick12
May 18, 2023, 4:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mimma
De Bruyne is another that has improved under Pep. Had he gone anywhere else I don't think he would have become the player he has. .
From the bit I've read on Pep this doesn't surprise me. Always striving for perfection and some players can't stand the heat. I know this was the case from some players at Barcelona for one. Mentally suffocating was the term they used loosely  when playing under his leadership.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
mimma
May 18, 2023, 4:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
He's the best of the best when it comes to coaching.
Just hope he stays put and doesn't decide to coach the Spanish national team!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
diehardmariner
May 18, 2023, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Don't get me wrong, he's clearly good at what he does.  That's an understatement, he's bloody fantastic.

But more often than not I find Pep's style of football a bit boring.  Lots of possession football, intricate build up and just holding onto the ball until the opposition leave a gap somewhere.  Technically it's superb and the patience is unreal.  Probably incredible if it's your team but as a neutral I'm more often than not screaming at them to just have a bloody shot.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › City

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.