Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 23/24 season.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 156 Guests

23/24 season.

This thread currently has 2,767 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
May 9, 2023, 11:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,196
Gold Stars: 51
Yes I know the season only finished yesterday, but looking to book a holiday in August, so anyone know when the season will start, and when the fixtures are out (as I have already booked a few days away midweek in September)

Another big season coming and I want to miss as little as possible.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 9, 2023, 11:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,886
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Yes I know the season only finished yesterday, but looking to book a holiday in August, so anyone know when the season will start, and when the fixtures are out (as I have already booked a few days away midweek in September)

Am hoping to make a game or 2 this season, most likely tranmere or one of the teams around Manchester. So need to book flights etc. just so I can stick in a holiday request form with the wife!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
Poojah
May 9, 2023, 11:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,637
Gold Stars: 1,504
I haven’t seen any confirmed dates yet, but the Premier League starts on the 12th August and the EFL is usually a week before so the 5th August is probably a relatively safe bet.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
GollyGTFC
May 9, 2023, 1:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,037
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

FFS stop spending my inheritance! You haven’t worked your whole life to spend it all in retirement and leave me with nothing!

And have you told Wilson about these holidays?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 17
The Caterham Mariner
May 9, 2023, 5:00pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +94
Gold Stars: 8
Having pre booked holidays and events ahead with / for the wife this 2023 so far.
When the new 2023/ 24 "Town " fixtures come out then its luck of the draw or in my head ..
"Yes you've ballsed up !" Comes to mind as I plot them in my diary.
On a plus note when she gives me her "Off Duty" (Hospital Shifts ) or theatre  dates that involve Saturday's then it's "Big YES'S from Me"
I am off to see Grimsby play dear that day.
Weymouth a couple of years ago comes to mind as it backfired on me as we both love Dorset, weekend away premier inn etc ..then one of my lads twigged on to my plan to see "Town" play away grassed me up ...FFS!!
Since that happened  all excursions etc get scrutinised
"Funny Old game Football!"  and the joys of being married comes to mind.
Good luck to you all bloles like me where the wife does not like Football or "The Mariners"
UTM 2023/24

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
The Caterham Mariner
May 9, 2023, 5:31pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

FFS stop spending my inheritance! You haven’t worked your whole life to spend it all in retirement and leave me with nothing!

And have you told Wilson about these holidays?

Knickers Spend it Don't wanna be the richest man in the graveyard ..
As the will is written and powers of attorney are in place for when i have lost my marbles in my case..Off to see town where ever possible ...!!!
"Dad Chelsea pensioners go to matches for free..You might get let out for good behaviour!"

In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
lukeo
May 9, 2023, 5:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
I'm getting married on 11th August, a home game on the weekend before would be brilliant as I'm in Grimsby that weekend to pick my mum up for the wedding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Brazilnut
May 9, 2023, 6:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from lukeo
I'm getting married on 11th August, a home game on the weekend before would be brilliant as I'm in Grimsby that weekend to pick my mum up for the wedding.

Congrats mate hope everything goes well on the day and you have years of happiness together

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
moosey_club
May 9, 2023, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,270
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from lukeo

😳  pretty sure that isn't  allowed..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
The Caterham Mariner
May 9, 2023, 7:10pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from lukeo

HEY!!! My Birthday 57  I will have decline an invite as i am on holiday in Paris ..
Good luck Big Question does your intended support "Town"?
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 23/24 season.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.